Huntingdon @ Goodpasture

DeeVon

I was just looking at the stats for this game and it seems that Goodpasture proved that they are not a one dimensional team and passed for about 150 yards and ran for about 140. While Huntingdon rushed for around 200 and passed for around 60. From the scoring summaet Huntingdon scored on two big plays and that was it, as previously stated. Goodpasture held Huntingdon in check all night and came out with the W.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was an excellent game by both teams, down to the wire. The only mistakes that i seen GP make was not taking the points that it could have settled for, 9 total on three opps. to kick fgs. With these points there would have been no ot. When will coaches learn that those seemingly minimal points can be big when you have a knock down drag out like we had tonight. Never under estimate the power of a little ol field goal. In warm ups their fg kicker was nailing 47 yarders w/ no prob. They will have to take advantage of these crucial opps. or they will be in for a long night w/ Alcoa.

As far as Huntingdon and mistakes, you can't take the biggest playmaker in high school ball out of the game at the most crucial part of the game.

Congrats to you young men, you have again represented Huntingdon very well and have nothing to be ashamed of! Good Luck to all the seniors and i hope you guys get the chance perform at the next level.

This was an excellent game by both teams, down to the wire. The only mistakes that i seen GP make was not taking the points that it could have settled for, 9 total on three opps. to kick fgs. With these points there would have been no ot. When will coaches learn that those seemingly minimal points can be big when you have a knock down drag out like we had tonight. Never under estimate the power of a little ol field goal. In warm ups their fg kicker was nailing 47 yarders w/ no prob. They will have to take advantage of these crucial opps. or they will be in for a long night w/ Alcoa.

As far as Huntingdon and mistakes, you can't take the biggest playmaker in high school ball out of the game at the most crucial part of the game.

Congrats to you young men, you have again represented Huntingdon very well and have nothing to be ashamed of! Good Luck to all the seniors and i hope you guys get the chance perform at the next level.

the refs made him come out because he didnt get up in the alloted time the refs magicly know i have seen refs make big time players go to the sidelines in alot of games because they refs are concerned with the safty of the players

Now maybe you West TN fans will realize that Region 5 is just as good a region as Region 7. Our best just beat your best.

I love it. How does it feel to lose a chance to go to the big dance Huntingdon. It should have been Milan vs Goodpasture tonight anyway. You must be fresh out of last minute miracles.Poor officiating and last minute miracles or Milan would have beaten you twice this year.

The balance of power in 2A is still in the east,with or without Warren....Alcoa will retain its title next Friday night,even had Huntingdon won tonite...Bottom Line...

Congrats to Huntingdon on a great season,I knew this would be tough going to Nashville to beat Goodpasture,but I thought Huntingdon would win..

I hope fans in Carroll Co don't count this season a disappointment..Mansfield and the young men that put that uniform on at Huntingdon have created a monster that is Mustang football...You guys will be back,no doubt....Good Luck to Goodpasture..You are going to need it...

Edited by backinthaoc

in a way there was a lot of pressure on huntingdon their news paper, fans and basic everyone who can spell football were picking them to win in a blowout

either by building their team up or making our "vanilla" team look like the worst in the state to huntingdons boys..... this game had to have been over looked

but my hat is off to the huntington guys......... they were a class act and i have a lot of respect for them, they never said a word of trash talk to me all night

final

GP 17

H-Town 14

in a way there was a lot of pressure on huntingdon their news paper, fans and basic everyone who can spell football were picking them to win in a blowout

either by building their team up or making our "vanilla" team look like the worst in the state to huntingdons boys..... this game had to have been over looked

but my hat is off to the huntington guys......... they were a class act and i have a lot of respect for them, they never said a word of trash talk to me all night

final

GP 17

H-Town 14

Good luck. Any team that knocks Huntingdon out has got my vote.

gerry i usually agree with you on your post and i see where you coming from on this post BUT like you said about goodpasture just because they didnt win the region doesnt mean they arent the best team in the region....well if thats true then just because huntingdon didnt win tonight doesnt mean they are not the better team...

No doubt region 5 is great... they have won 10 state championships and 4 runner ups to region7s 6 state championships and 10 runner ups...region5 has 13 mr football winners and region7 has put off 8 mr football winners...this year finalist region7 has 4...region5 is a region of privates...private schools are prone to winning more state championships than a public state...all of yalls gold and silver comes from private schools...all of our gold has come from public schools...we have one private "usj" and they have 3 silvers...every team in region7 has been to the championship game but gibson co and dresden...none of the public schools in region5 have been to the championship game

both regions are great and region5 was the better team tonight...our top3 went 10-2, 12-2, 9-3 region5s top 3 went 8-3, 11-3?, 7-4 both are great regions....

amen to that