Huntingdon @ Goodpasture

DeeVon

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goodpasture is big but they are stoppable. Camden turned the ball over too many times and had a TD called back for a call I still don't get. Goodpasture runs the Wing T and runs the same defense as Camden (which was 9& 10 in the box most of the night....we just didn't make them pay for it) so the Stangs should have the edge.

Good Luck to Huntingdon and bring it all back to the west!

Goodpasture is big but they are stoppable. Camden turned the ball over too many times and had a TD called back for a call I still don't get. Goodpasture runs the Wing T and runs the same defense as Camden (which was 9& 10 in the box most of the night....we just didn't make them pay for it) so the Stangs should have the edge.

Good Luck to Huntingdon and bring it all back to the west!

well i sure hope goodpasture can defend the pass better than milan can.. because cody crocker was 11 of 16 and he pretty much put the ball wherever he wanted to on the milan secondary.. good luck to both teams

Dont know much about Goodpasture, it sounds like we should have an edge in speed.

Catfish Hunter, that is your neck of the woods, give us a scouting report on the Cougars!

Off the top of my head, I will say Stangs 34 and Cougars 21

GO STANGS :lol:

Huntingdon by 21. I've seen you both play.

Guest catfish-hunter

I think Huntingdon will win as well and this will be the game I attend next Friday night so I look forward to meeting any of you who'd like to meet the Catfish B)

Goodpasture has seen the Wing-T this year (David Lipscomb) and quite frankly they did not play that bad. That was Whit Mahan's first start at quarterback for the Cougars, in the place of at the time an injured Coleman Stroud. Mahan led the Cougars to a 7-3 lead over Lipscomb (who will win it all in Class 3A this year). That lead lasted all the way until midway through the 4th quarter when Lipscomb exploded for 21-points in the final seven minutes of the contest to win 24-7.

Offensively the Cougars run the Wing-T. Stroud is back at quarterback and he can throw the ball. I WILL UPDATE THE STATS AFTER I GET TONIGHT'S STATS OF THE GOODPASTURE-CAMDEN GAME!!!! Here is what the Cougars had accomplished offensively heading into tonight's game:

Shantz Medley (#38): 121 carries for 945 yards and 15TD's

Reece Lovell (#44): 170 carries for 916 yards and 8TD's

Tracy Mayes (#22): 79 carries for 636 yards and 7TD's

Coleman Stroud (#1): 30/51 passing for 769 yards and 11TD's (Whit Mahan started a couple of games in his place earlier this year)

K.J. Beavers (#85): 26 receptions for 605 yards and 6TD's

The Cougars are 10-3 on the year and outside of that Lipscomb loss the other losses for Goodpasture came vs speed teams (that's why I thought Camden could beat them tonight). PJPII beat them 55-52 in the wildest game that the midstate has probably seen this year. Golden Tate had 210 yards of total offense and 5TD's that night for PJPII. East Robertson also beat Goodpasture. East Robertson has a couple of backs that can fly too in Tico Andrews and Carlos Hudson. The Indians beat Goodpasture 49-46 on their way to winning the Region 5-2A title in the regular season.

My early pick would be as follows:

Huntingdon: 35

Goodpasture: 21