Notre Dame @ Livingston Academy

Rocking Chair, Charlie doesn't dislike LA fans, especially "02", Charlie really likes him, but he will never admit what we have together. Charlie appreciates and respects all fans, accept "02", Charlie has seen what he will do for a dollar. But for the other decent LA fans, nothin but love. Just try to post my take on the game. All fans are biased for their team. Charlie Murphy is an unbiased observer.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are the facts.

1.) Both teams are talking trash.

2.) Neither team has a really tough schedule, but ND has beaten better teams in the playoffs

3.) Notre Dame will win

4.) You are both playing for 2nd though

An all private 3A championship!

_________________________________________-

1.) Correct

2.) Incorrect- As been stated in early posts, ND has a stregnth of schedule rating of 41. Livingston has a rating of 2nd.

Livingston Academy Playoffs

(Carter) 9-1

(Knox Catholic) 11-1

[/b]Notre Dame Playoffs

(Macon County) 5-5

(Pearl Cohn) 8-2

3.) Incorrect

4.) Incorrect

Your factoral rating on your previous posts Dr. Justice is only 25%. The only fact might be both teams are talking trash.

However, I think the real players are more focused on the game than they are a lowsy message board that contains people that know nothing about either team.

Stregnth of scheduled can be proved. However, everything else is your opinion that you are entitled too.

Strength of Schedule

Carter - 57

Catholic - 22

Macon - 7

Pearl Cohn - 46

You won by 3 vs Carter and by the way there are only 57 teams in AAA. forget this strength of schedule. It doesn't matter. Anyway didn't you finish the season at 5-5 like Macon?

Charley, your ignorance is bliss. Congrats to that. How does a teams recrod matter if they are in the semi-finals of the state? When playoffs start, the records restart. Notre Dame is 2-0, and Livingston Academy is 2-0. Nothing else previous matters.

Charlie wasn't the one that brought up records and Strength of schedule, check back bro, you are preachin to the choir my friend. Charlie is on your side, He was trying to point out that records don't matter.

livingston academy will win and beat pathetic david lipscomb in the state title.as for doc station camp is the only weak team livingston played scott county was 3 and 7 but look at the region they were in scott would be playoff bound if they played in the carter region.livingston has too many weapons although they need to start catching passes more i predict livingston in a close game and lipscomb a school named after a football player who died of a drug overdose will lose privates going down!!!! go wildcats!!!!

York Institute, 4-7 record, Strength rating 40. Forget someone?

Call me a "total girl" cuz I know so little about football....or maybe the way y'all are talkin' is the way Coach T is supposed to be but isn't the whole point to support YOUR team and not be little kids about the other. C'mon now....we both hope we come out of Friday on our way to the Big Dance but being babies on here isn't gonna get anyone anywhere!!! *deep breath* okay....Hummel has vented!

We both obviously have some excellent players on some excellent teams or we wouldn't be here....it comes down to faith, heart, and determination...All things are possible for those who believe to paraphrase the Good Book so ...I for one intend to come out Friday nite in my layers of clothing with my heart full of love and pride for my boys....and intend to show hospitality to Notre Dame, in fine Hogeye tradition.

Whew! I feel better :lol: please excuse my random fussin'....if you know me...you know it's common :lol:

Have a blessed Thanksgiving and remember we do have a LOT to be thankful for!!!!

God Bless!!!!!

I agree momma Hummel :lol: GO LA

livingston academy will win and beat pathetic david lipscomb in the state title.as for doc station camp is the only weak team livingston played scott county was 3 and 7 but look at the region they were in scott would be playoff bound if they played in the carter region.livingston has too many weapons although they need to start catching passes more i predict livingston in a close game and lipscomb a school named after a football player who died of a drug overdose will lose privates going down!!!! go wildcats!!!!

It is usually best to just ignore blatant ignorance, since it usually dies of starvation or self-loathing. But, how can those of us who care about a message board that is not covered in slime, tolerate the reference to David Lipscomb as a

"school named after a football player who died of a drug overdose...."? I assume the poster was referring to Gene "Big Daddy" Lipscomb, who was a star in the NFL in the 1950's. For the information of him and his intellectual equals, David Lipscomb High School was named after a Christian minister of that name, who endowed it with money, but who made himself a Nashville hero by risking his life and putting his money into efforts to combat the yellow fever epidemic which hit the city in 1873. David Lipscomb High School was founded in 1891, a bit before

"Big Daddy" terrorized NFL QB's.

Incidentally, I am not a David Lipscomb alumnus, student, teacher or any of that. I am not a member of the Church of Christ. I am, however, a rational being.

Ok this was nrought up 2 pages ago, but the player that got hurt last week is better and should play. Also to clearify, I am not a player, I'm a student that loves the game ( just like alot of people).

I didn't know about that breathing thing, that could realy stink for ND. Also thanks for informing me on the Hogeye stuff, that is a realy cool thing. The story makes sense and I like it.

I'm looking forward to coming up friday.

Ok this was brought up about 3 pages ago, but the player that got hurt last week is better and should play. Also to clearify, I am not a player, I'm a student that loves the game ( just like alot of people).

I didn't know about that breathing thing, that could realy stink for ND. Also thanks for informing me on the Hogeye stuff, that is a realy cool thing. The story makes sense and I like it.

It is usually best to just ignore blatant ignorance, since it usually dies of starvation or self-loathing. But, how can those of us who care about a message board that is not covered in slime, tolerate the reference to David Lipscomb as a

"school named after a football player who died of a drug overdose...."? I assume the poster was referring to Gene "Big Daddy" Lipscomb, who was a star in the NFL in the 1950's. For the information of him and his intellectual equals, David Lipscomb High School was named after a Christian minister of that name, who endowed it with money, but who made himself a Nashville hero by risking his life and putting his money into efforts to combat the yellow fever epidemic which hit the city in 1873. David Lipscomb High School was founded in 1891, a bit before

"Big Daddy" terrorized NFL QB's.

Incidentally, I am not a David Lipscomb alumnus, student, teacher or any of that. I am not a member of the Church of Christ. I am, however, a rational being.

Charlie Murphy thinks LA has played a tougher regular season schedule than ND, BUT LA LOST 5 OF THOSE GAMES. So if LA had played push overs, like LA fans claim ND has, then LA would be 13-0, and then we could say LA is overated. Its one thing to claim a tougher schedule, but don't forget, you lost 5 of those tough games. It doesn't matter if you lost by 1 or by 28, you lost. Charlie Murphy says ND wins because LA fans are satisfied with losing, as long as it is to a good team and isn't embarassing. Charlie Murphy has never seen so much smack coming from a team that finished 4th in their own region, oh and save your breath, Charlie has heard how tough your region is, and how tough your schedule is, and maybe if you had won some of the tough games. LA lost against the good teams, and won against the bad teams (record was 19-31). Getting beat by good teams doesn't make you a good team, it just means you play good teams. Maybe if LA had won 1 or 2 of those. Interesting fact from Charlie Murphy, the teams LA beat in reg. season won 38% of there games, the teams ND beat in reg. season won 46% of there games. Dang, AUstin Peay should play USC, ND, Texas, VTech, Florida, Penn State,etc. They would get their butts kicked but atleast they would have a tough schedule, therefore they must be good,,,,according to LA's logic.

For starters LA in the playoffs when the games really count has come back and won not one but two games that we lost in the regular season. Its also funny that a team that was not susposed to even make the playoff did and now is the only one left in our region. That tell you something. I'm kinda glad that we did lose some of them games because the only made us play alot better.And yes the harder the region the harder the boys have to practice and play so it does make a difference

Is two hours before kickoff good enough? How many fans does the stadium seat an how big is the visitor's side?

May want to get there earler than that and the secertary in the school office told mom today when she went to get a ticket that they may have to stop selling them before friday night that so many people had already bought tickets. Seating will go fast. The visitors side is not that big maybe 170 people plus a band. I may come tailgate with ya'll> I think livingston is doing the same. Its going to be crazy :lol:

Ok this was brought up about 3 pages ago, but the player that got hurt last week is better and should play. Also to clearify, I am not a player, I'm a student that loves the game ( just like alot of people).

Mybe we could meet up sometime friday night to talk about the game maybe at the half?