Notre Dame @ Livingston Academy

Goodness... I strongly suggest many people in this thread sue their board of education for not supplying you with the free education of grammar and English skills that you deserve and desperately need... :thumb:

Other than that minor unpleasantry, keep it up. This is good stuff. :thumb:

Yeah, or go back and extend their 6th grade edumakayshun!!

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charlie Murphy thinks LA has played a tougher regular season schedule than ND, BUT LA LOST 5 OF THOSE GAMES. So if LA had played push overs, like LA fans claim ND has, then LA would be 13-0, and then we could say LA is overated. Its one thing to claim a tougher schedule, but don't forget, you lost 5 of those tough games. It doesn't matter if you lost by 1 or by 28, you lost. Charlie Murphy says ND wins because LA fans are satisfied with losing, as long as it is to a good team and isn't embarassing. Charlie Murphy has never seen so much smack coming from a team that finished 4th in their own region, oh and save your breath, Charlie has heard how tough your region is, and how tough your schedule is, and maybe if you had won some of the tough games. LA lost against the good teams, and won against the bad teams (record was 19-31). Getting beat by good teams doesn't make you a good team, it just means you play good teams. Maybe if LA had won 1 or 2 of those. Interesting fact from Charlie Murphy, the teams LA beat in reg. season won 38% of there games, the teams ND beat in reg. season won 46% of there games. Dang, AUstin Peay should play USC, ND, Texas, VTech, Florida, Penn State,etc. They would get their butts kicked but atleast they would have a tough schedule, therefore they must be good,,,,according to LA's logic.

OldCatFan thinks Charlie Murphy forgot regular season is over!! LA has knocked 2 of those good teams that beat us in regular season out of the playoffs. OldCatFan doubts ANY LA fan is satisfied with losing no matter how bad. OldCatFan thinks Charlie Murphy sure talks a lot not to be a ND fan!! What is the winning % of teams both have played in playoffs???? Regular season is O-V-E-R!!! It's all about who wants it the most now!! GO BIG BLUE!!

May want to get there earler than that and the secertary in the school office told mom today when she went to get a ticket that they may have to stop selling them before friday night that so many people had already bought tickets. Seating will go fast. The visitors side is not that big maybe 170 people plus a band. I may come tailgate with ya'll> I think livingston is doing the same. Its going to be crazy :thumb:

You sure about that seating number?? I'm guessing probally twice that!! Anyone know for sure?? :thumb:

Strength of Schedule

Carter - 57

Catholic - 22

Macon - 7

Pearl Cohn - 46

You won by 3 vs Carter and by the way there are only 57 teams in AAA. forget this strength of schedule. It doesn't matter. Anyway didn't you finish the season at 5-5 like Macon?

OK, while we are making comparisons, how about STRENGTH Vs. SUCCESS --- MACON-28 PEARL COHN-13 WHITE HOUSE-23 ---- CARTER-15 AUSTIN EAST-16 CATHOLIC-6 --- Livingston HAS played better teams in the playoffs AND WON!!--- Yeah, 5-5 like Macon but regular season is O-V-E-R!!

OK, while we are making comparisons, how about STRENGTH Vs. SUCCESS --- MACON-28 PEARL COHN-13 WHITE HOUSE-23 ---- CARTER-15 AUSTIN EAST-16 CATHOLIC-6 --- Livingston HAS played better teams in the playoffs AND WON!!--- Yeah, 5-5 like Macon but regular season is O-V-E-R!!

Strength + success

ND 1

LA 10

My point is we could do this all night. It all means nothing. The only numbers that matter will be determined Friday night. People play football games not numbers. Football has sometimes been called a game of inches. You want to bring up numbers. I'm just showing you that it works both ways. The football players will settle the debate Friday. Just remember you brought up numbers.

Strength + success

ND 1

LA 10

My point is we could do this all night. It all means nothing. The only numbers that matter will be determined Friday night. People play football games not numbers. Football has sometimes been called a game of inches. You want to bring up numbers. I'm just showing you that it works both ways. The football players will settle the debate Friday. Just remember you brought up numbers.

One other thing. I did not use regular season records to first prove my point.

Actually, Macon County ended the season that matters 0-1. LA is 3-0, and still alive.

That was in response that ND played a team that finished the regular season 5-5 and I know they finished 0-1 as I'm sure you know that the final score was ND 39, Macon 0. So What. Funny. LA fans only accept numbers that look good for LA and ignore numbers that don't. And to think, an LA fan started the numbers war. Well I'm not going to waste anymore time on this because I really don't care. I'm watching a replay of the GT victory over Miami and I bet that Miami played a tougher schedule than GT but in the end it did not matter because on this day Georgia Tech won. If they played tomorrow Miami might have won. Who knows?