Notre Dame @ Livingston Academy

just think la fans this time tommorow night while we're freezing to death, the fighting irish will be hopin that they'ld played a knoxville team b/c then they may have had a chance but nontheless i predict a 2 score game and i am expecting reeder to have a huge game. he'll be the difference maker. ofcourse i may be wrong about the score but i'm goin out on a limb on that.

keep it goin la!!!

Man, you may not like to brag, so I'll do it for you! I'm pretty good at it!! Jake Reeder had one of the best(if not the best) games of his career---with many more to come next year!! And a 2 score game---man you are gooooood. Keep it up!!!

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I thought our crowd was fairly weak until that call. ND fans had a very large turn out and to me were very loud. ND coaches and players are very lucky to have such support. I agree we all need to go watch and support our team. But it sure would be fun watching the game on the tube and listening to the hs football expects talk about the Cats and the story book ride that got them to the boro.

Our crowd tends to be a little weak most of the time, but not after that call!!! Chair, I think it's time to break down and buy that VCR!! B):D:lol: More fun than listening to us "EXPERTS" on here???

Edited by OldCatFan

The wall came down tonight, I tried to tell u that u can't stop primetime which is what i will refer to Wilson Cates until the day he dies. He is incredible, sometimes I think that he isn't human the way he plays the game. He just wont let them lose, my hats off to nd they were a heck of a team but the best team won in the end. Like I said record doesn't mean a thing when u got the group of boys that we do. Well here we go to the boro, maybe cates will fly this time haha. Good job boys bring back that gold ball.

What "call"? Details please.... And your opinion of the officiating crew the rest of the game???

A ND ball carrier, #2 or #22 (not sure which) lost the ball while being tackeled. Official ruled he was down before he lost it. Most LA fans saw it the other way and it happened right in front of us. I didn't think it mattered anyway because it looked to me like it went out of bounds before LA got it anyway, but it certainly fired up our fans!! I thought they did OK--it's a no win job!!!

A ND ball carrier, #2 or #22 (not sure which) lost the ball while being tackeled. Official ruled he was down before he lost it. Most LA fans saw it the other way and it happened right in front of us. I didn't think it mattered anyway because it looked to me like it went out of bounds before LA got it anyway, but it certainly fired up our fans!! I thought they did OK--it's a no win job!!!

Thanks, I'm glad to hear LA won. I thought you would. We had 2 "fumbles" given back to them last week, one of which resulted in 7 points. I knew they couldn't beat a hard hitting middle TN. team without help from the zebras. I'm glad the bad call worked in a positive way for y'all and I will be at the 'Boro rooting for ya. Really looking forward to seeing Cates in action. Do you know what side LA will be on?

I just got home to Chattanooga. That was a great high school football game. The game was alot closer than the score indicates. The biggest difference in the game was ND turnovers and Wilson Cates. I have to admit that I did not think any one person could have a performance like he did against our defense. He is a terrific athlete and you are fortunate to have him on your team. Without him...................

My hat's off to NDHS for a great season. I know the seniors are devastated at the moment, knowing it's a game that could have easily gone the other way without 3 costly turnovers. You re-ignited many Irish spirits this year and set a very high standard for others to try to follow. Keep your heads up, we are very proud of all of you.

Remember the words of all the faithful who traveled to the game.

WE ARE ND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hoped right congrats. LA on your victory tonight your going to state for the first time ever. B):D Also to the ND fans ya'll have a great team who deserved to make it this far just like LA. You all had a great season to make history!!I'm just thankful that LA won, but on another night you all may have. Hope that the rest of your sports teams do well this year.Maybe we will play again sometime :lol: Now to LA fans lets go to the borro and make some noise Saturday and bring home the gold for the first time ever B)

I just got home to Chattanooga. That was a great high school football game. The game was alot closer than the score indicates. The biggest difference in the game was ND turnovers and Wilson Cates. I have to admit that I did not think any one person could have a performance like he did against our defense. He is a terrific athlete and you are fortunate to have him on your team. Without him...................

My hat's off to NDHS for a great season. I know the seniors are devastated at the moment, knowing it's a game that could have easily gone the other way without 3 costly turnovers. You re-ignited many Irish spirits this year and set a very high standard for others to try to follow. Keep your heads up, we are very proud of all of you.

From what I saw last week you all should have planned for at least 3 turnovers. I would have planned for 4. Maybe next year in the regular season you all will schedule a game or two with teams that actually hit hard along with some decent unbiased officials, and you won't cough up the ball so much come playoff time.

Good gosh son. Wilson Cates beat ND by himself. What a great game and a great atmosphere. Carthorn had around 300 yards all purpose and some great runs. ND played with phenomenal spirit and fight and had several chances to put it away and Cates by himself, with enough help from the WC crowd and his teammates to literally carry them home.

Refs let them play, deciding against making some calls, which is part of the game as long as they are consistant, and they were.

It was worth the trip, the cold and the price of admission to see the performances, especially Cates and Carthorn. Only negative I have was the WC fan who felt compelled to run to midfield and give the Irish fans, which were many, the finger. Nice.

COngrats to WC and good luck next week. That kid is truly outstanding. He looked like he could play another four quarters too.