POST REGION ONE RESULTS HERE

porkchop103

I've got to say I am proud of our young team and their determination and hard work so far this season. Against Greeneville, we bumped our 160 (weighed in at 155) to 171, robbins (170) up to wrestle Grecu (190) and Reliford (174) to wrestle 215. The rest of our team with the exception of 140 are first or second year guys. Yet we do have two teams that are state contenders in Science Hill and Greeneville, good luck to all.

I understand Jefferson County has a young and competitive team. Can anyone comment on their talent? I am somewhat familiar w/Robbins @ 171...that's it. Any future qualifiers in the years to come?

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did the Science Hill - DB match go tonight. Anybody have individual results?

SH won, the score was 65-18, or close to that.

103 Huggins(SH) pin

112 Usary (SH) pin

119 Huggins(SH) forfeit

125 Mitchell (SH) pin

130 Drish (SH) pin

135 Usary (SH) tech

140 Buchanon(SH) pin

145 Williams (SH) pin

152 Williamson (SH) pin

160 DB pin

171 DB pin

189 DB pin

215 Henley (SH) pin

HWT Murray (SH) pin

For any wrestler interested, there will be a new wrestling club team starting in Jefferson City for this spring and summer. It is called OverTime Wrestling Club and, it will involve valuable technique intsruction in freestyle, Greco-Roman, and folkstyle as well as intense workouts. I know there are some great programs already going during this time and if you are included in those that is great, but if this may be convenient all are welcome. The most important thing is to be involved year round, learning and dedicating yourselves to the sport and the goals you have each set. This commitment is what makes individuals into champions. There will be information available at our home tournament and will have some with me at regionals. I am posting some info below, so feel free to contact me if interested.

Jason Moorman

JCHS Asst. Wrestling Coach

2006 OverTime Wrestling Club

Coaches:

Jason Moorman - Jeff Co. Asst. Wrestling Coach

Nate Moorman - Carson-Newman Asst. Wrestling Coach & Former CN Wrsestler

Craig Johnson - Carson-Newman

Asst. Wrestling Coach & Former UTC Wrestler

Contact Info:

Overtimewrestling@hotmail.com

I would have to agree with TD artist about the amount of potential state placers in region 1. Here is what I see in each weight class 103 King Gr 112 Usary, Call 119 Mitchell, Webb 125 Usary, Ricker, 130 Drish 135 Buchanon, Felty, 140 Williams 145 Brimer 152 Bowman, Wheeler, Williamson 160 Singleton, Arrington 171 Robbins, Davis 189 Paddock, Grecu 215 Henley Hwt Murray, Potter. I know I left some out. All of the capabilty of making some noise at the state tourn. this year.