POST REGION ONE RESULTS HERE

porkchop103

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We went to the Twin Cities Rumble in Winston-Salem. Many tough teams there. Check the NC Mat site to see who was there and draw your own conclusions.

We wrestled very well and placed second.

Team scores were something like this:

Davie County 186

SHHS 183.5

Mount Tabor 179

Watauga 157

Bandys 147

Four and five may be reversed. I know Bandys was the A/AA champion in 2004 and 2005.

It was a pool tournament like the GIT but with no 7th place match.

Resluts were as follows:

1st Place-Bo Usary (135), Ethan Henley (215), Ben Murray (275)

2nd Place-Damien Buchanan (140), David Williamson (152)

4th Place-Grant Mitchell (125)

5th Place-Luke Williams (145)

Brett Usary (112), Richard Tapia (119), and Michael Goldstein (130) cleared their pools.

I was as good a day as I remember having. It is really fun to come to the wire in a tournament of this scope.

Congratualtions to the Toppers, to Greeneville, and to Jeff County.

I like the new name for the Devil Chellenge.

Edited by ArtusCimber

Science Hill and Crockett went to Greenback last night to wrestle. I don't know the Crockett scores.

SH - 78 Alcoa - 6

SH - 68 Greenback - 16

We wrestle Thursday night against Crockett and Cocke County at Crockett.

Here are the Crockett scores from last night in Greenback:

Crockett 43, Greenback 36

Crockett 69, Alcoa 12

Did Blackford (Alcoa) and Bo wrestle?

No, they did not. Something about Bo was not on the Alpha sheet for weight certification so Blackford bumped up and I believe lost. I know nothing further about the speculations. I say wrestle and see what happens. Apparently SH may have had a few un certified, and Alcoa does too, they just didn't let theirs wrestle. This is just what I heard. Who knows.

Bo's on the alpha master sheet, his name is misspelled (USANI) and his first name is David (like his dad). Blackford bumped up and wrestled Damien Buchanan. Damien pinned Blackford in 3:34.

I figured it would be something like that. A quality wrestler like Usary would not risk his eligiblility or anything over something that silly. I wish they would have wrestled. Bo is a good wrestler, did he wrestle anyone from Alcoa that night.

Edited by alcoa11905

He wrestled Tyler Lowe and won by pin. BTW, Alcoa had some good aggressive wrestlers. The score looks lopsided but there was some good wrestling there. Is the team young? The 152, Logan Gilley, hit a great single leg right at the whistle. The Greenback guys also wrestled with a ton of heart and passion. There were not a lot of :10 pins by anybody in the gym.

He wrestled Tyler Lowe and won by pin. BTW, Alcoa had some good aggressive wrestlers. The score looks lopsided but there was some good wrestling there. Is the team young? The 152, Logan Gilley, hit a great single leg right at the whistle. The Greenback guys also wrestled with a ton of heart and passion. There were not a lot of :10 pins by anybody in the gym.

Inexperience sums them up best. The team is extremely young. The program is in year 5, and I wrestled four of those. Only three wrestlers have wrestled all 4 years for Alcoa, me and the 2 thompson brothers. Logan is a fast improving wrestler. This is his 2nd year and I have worked with him on shots as our coach last year did not emphasize it. I did not get to see the match against Science Hill. They are young but they have aggression, I guess thats what it may take. I coach the AAU team for Alcoa on the middle school level, and I emphasize aggressivness, since that is the difference between high school level and college which I am now in. I am proud of them but they need polishing. Blackford has great potential, I did not see his match, do you know the score before he was pinned.