VanBuren County vs. Clay County

UCSportsFan

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure everyone from Clay will get on here and make excuses for why they "only won by 5" and how they are so much better than they played but the bottom line from tonight's game was that both teams were evenly matched as the score would indicate. VB was up at the half by 1 and Clay made a run in the third quarter but VB showed grit and pulled it to 3 with 8 seconds left. Officiating was tight in the first half and then they let them play in the second half. Both sides showed heart and the final score was not a reflection of how one team wanted it more or hustled more as some from here on the mountain have indicated it would be. Clay just made a few more plays when it counted.

I know there are logical explanations for why it wasn't a blowout and I'm sure the clay faithful will get on here and talk clay up some more but if that is the case then we are right there with the other top notch teams. We went into a tough environment with 2 sophomores starting against a team that is supposed to be headed for state that has like 8/9 seniors and played with them for 32 minutes.

Edited by vanbureneagle

I'm sure everyone from Clay will get on here and make excuses for why they "only won by 5" and how they are so much better than they played but the bottom line from tonight's game was that both teams were evenly matched as the score would indicate. VB was up at the half by 1 and Clay made a run in the third quarter but VB showed grit and pulled it to 3 with 8 seconds left. Officiating was tight in the first half and then they let them play in the second half. Both sides showed heart and the final score was not a reflection of how one team wanted it more or hustled more as some from here on the mountain have indicated it would be. Clay just made a few more plays when it counted.

I know there are logical explanations for why it wasn't a blowout and I'm sure the clay faithful will get on here and talk clay up some more but if that is the case then we are right there with the other top notch teams. We went into a tough environment with 2 sophomores starting against a team that is supposed to be headed for state that has like 8/9 seniors and played with them for 32 minutes.

Good post.........Look forward to seeing you tomorrow night......

I've already said why the game was only 5 points. If ya'll wanna think that you're one of the top teams, go for it. When we see you next time, you'll be stunned at the improvement.

Good game tonight. Let's review all the predictions.

Devilfanatic Clay by 24 and "VB no chance of winning"

Ticbball Clay by 15

Play 4 fun Clay by 25

Gotmilk? Clay by 18

Swanson71 Clay by 30 then later Clay by 20+

Dogpound Clay by 20

Dawg05 Clay by 12 then by 20 & (after the game)"Knew it would be close"

Oneshot Clay by 16

Moose 3898 VB by 4

Billybob Clay and it will be easy

Congratulation to Clay County on the 5 point win. Both teams played good but not great. Both teams should have great seasons.