VanBuren County vs. Clay County

UCSportsFan

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good game tonight. Let's review all the predictions.

Devilfanatic Clay by 24 and "VB no chance of winning"

Ticbball Clay by 15

Play 4 fun Clay by 25

Gotmilk? Clay by 18

Swanson71 Clay by 30 then later Clay by 20+

Dogpound Clay by 20

Dawg05 Clay by 12 then by 20 & (after the game)"Knew it would be close"

Oneshot Clay by 16

Moose 3898 VB by 4

Billybob Clay and it will be easy

Congratulation to Clay County on the 5 point win. Both teams played good but not great. Both teams should have great seasons.

Don't they teach reading at Van Buren? I said we would win by 12, but when we play you in Feb. we will beat you by 20. I also said the 12 would be padded by free throws. I guess I was also the closest to the right margin (horray). You lost to Clay tonight and you will lose to them again so go ahead and mark that L on your schedule. Better throw your party now cause 5 is as close as you will ever get to Clay.

First of all, I don't hardly think it is time to start talking about post season or as a previous post put it State tournament bound team." Clay definitely has the talent to be a state tournament team, but they are no where near where they need to be. Van Buren nor Clay County played good tonight. Clay showed a few signs of life, but they have to REBOUND the basketball, especially if they want to keep it close with bigger teams. The rebounding in the game was terrible, as was the defense in the first quarter especially. Giving up 19-20 points in the first quarter, that's digging a hole. If not for Tyler Kerr's huge 3's at the end of the first, they may have not even been close going into the break. After that Kerr calmed down a little bit, and so did his scoring. Leading scorers were Jon Godwin with 17, Tyler Kerr with 13, and Casey Ferrell with 11. A key, KEY part of this game was getting #33 from Van Buren in foul trouble early. That kid can bomb the three ball. He is quite the shooter, and especially in the first quarter when he got to play alot, CLAY could not stop hi. It almost seemed like he scored at will there for a while, and Celina couldn't find him, especially early. I think Van Buren could have played better, but not much better. As for Celina, not AS impressed with them as most people are this early. They will Definitely come around, and this game in now way resembled the kind of season they are going to have. Celina will improve alot when someone steps up and leads the team, and when they decide that they cannot outscore every team on their schedule this year, although they can alot of them. They have to realize the CAN be beat, and they are going to have to play alot better Defense then they did, in the first quarter especially. They also have to REBOUND the ball, Van Buren got countless oppurtunities for putbacks. Actually, there were several times Van Buren had 2,3, and even 4 chances to put the ball in the basket. You give many teams oppurtunities like that and they are going to be in for a big surprise. Celina should start rebounding the ball better soon, and playing better defense, and basketball all together for that matter, and when they do GOOD LUCK to about anyone who plays them. Everyone knows how good they can be, it's just a matter of time until someone steps up, leads the team, and they start dominating teams like they should. Anyways, Good LUck to Clay County tomorrow night against Gordonsville.

Van Buren played a very good game last night. Clay won by 5 but they had to have help.(like last year). But you need to remember that this is a sport. VB plays for the love of the game. It's not about who is better. It's about if the ball goes in or not. Win or lose my kids will always be #1. And we will play the National Anthem.

Van Buren played a very good game last night. Clay won by 5 but they had to have help.(like last year). But you need to remember that this is a sport. VB plays for the love of the game. It's not about who is better. It's about if the ball goes in or not. Win or lose my kids will always be #1. And we will play the National Anthem.

What kind of comment is that? Had to have help just like last year? Clay played about as bad as they could and stil won by 5. when you shoot from almost half court and it goes in to cut the lead to 5 thats just lucky. But Vanburen did play well i'll give them that but the game was never in doubt. Say whatever, however, bottom line it was ugly but it was a "W". As for the people from Chattanooga, i suggest you worry about eachother, and believe me whichever team travels north will NOT win, and i guarantee that! :thumb:

Please elaborate on the help we had last year. Best I remember it, your boys missed 6 layups in the 3rd quarter. Lay off the Jack before you get on here and post.