Region 2 5A Football 2006

SergeantOwl22

sorry guys but the region title stays in OR. yeah they lose spencer at TB, Daniel Johnson and leonard blair at fb, 3 offensive linemen, and must replace their entire d-line.. but OR should still do well especially with Conner Gulmire back at QB , with OR's new deep threat in Alonzo Douglas. Troy Venable returns at LB along with Paul Bingham at CB and gulmire at safety. plus they will get some new blood players like rapheal coffey (revel's younger brother) next year. As people say about us in OR, we dont REBUILD, instead we just RELOAD.

Roll Cats Roll

2006 5A state champs

I agree did you see Venable in both of those farragut games? He owned them he had like 16 tackles and 3 sacks in the first one and like 12 in the second game and he only played for half the game, also Paul Bingham has a alot of talent on both sides of the ball. These boys are tuff as they come. We will here there names alot next year.

Edited by big daddy2

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm betting that Ooltewah will have a great year next year, maybe even better than this year. They will be pretty talented.

Farragut has the possibility to have a good run too. Sterling looks pretty good out there on the field. Now, what about the Reveiz brothers? Were they both seniors? If any of them come back, they'll be looking for blood next year.

I don't see McMinn, Bradley Central, or Heritage going anywhere. It could possibly happen with McMinn though.

Not too sure 'bout Soddy-Daisy or William Blount, though if W. Blount is losing a lot of seniors, that could be detrimental.

My predictions for who makes play-offs: Oak Ridge, Farragut, Ooltewah, and Soddy-Daisy/ McMinn

And then maybe the top three teams will have the potential to move on to the 2nd, 3rd, maybe 4th round.

I don't see another region 2 5A team in next year's championship though. Just too much talent being lost this year. I hope I'm wrong though.

i dont know who i'd put on that 4th spot, after the top 3 its going to be up for grabs if blount is losing as many players as you say, b/c soddy has nothing, and there is nothing coming up any time soon for them either, everyone is saying they want to jump ship out there, so who knows, maybe mcminn will pull that 4th seed

i dont know who i'd put on that 4th spot, after the top 3 its going to be up for grabs if blount is losing as many players as you say, b/c soddy has nothing, and there is nothing coming up any time soon for them either, everyone is saying they want to jump ship out there, so who knows, maybe mcminn will pull that 4th seed

Blount will be down next year, but if players can step up, I just don't see McMinn getting the 4th seed over them.

I expect Region 2 to be down a bit as a whole. I do not know who will be on top, but it will be fun to follow. Region 1 will be much better as a whole. I hope the situation at Jeff Co gets better because they were a regular top 10 team until just a couple of years ago. If they fix all that mess Jeff Co and DB will always be two powerful teams. Sevier Co is making a comeback. Science Hill will be better. I will go on and tell you that DB is looking forward to the 2006 season. 2005 was the most questionable season that I can remember in 12 or so years. DB is going to be tough and there will be some great new skill players coming up. I think that 2005 was the weakest (overall) that I had ever seen in region 1.

Roll Tribe

They do say that the So. class @ Ooltewah this year has more talent than their Sr. mentors and only time will tell. If they are as good as the coaches say they are things look good for the Owls in the upcoming season. Go Owls! DB will be very good as we all know and Bud your right this may be the season for region 1 5A gets back on the map or at least have a chance to do very well in the East Bracket in 2006 vs the last two seasons.

Go ahead and take Jeff Co out of the mix. While they were consistently a top ten team, now since the new coach has gotten there and all of this drama with the whimpy players and their stupid parents filing a $200,000 lawsuit, Jeff Co appears to be in big trouble and it may take them awhile to get things back on track

i think this region will be wide open next year with the loss of the seniors on every team. but since im closer to farragut i'll tell u bout us.

we should be about the same on offense. we lose just two starting OL and our backfield returns with sterling and micah devan at FB. michael lawrence looks to be promising at QB and he has some experience. in the 1st bearden game, tyler powell was sick and lawrence got his only start and threw for 180 yards and 2 td. we lose five senior WR but we have some good juniors to be that will step up. senior chris eggert is as sure handed as they come.

our loss will be on defense. we lose nine starters but one good thing is that we had some reserves get good experience last year. devan and ty cannon at LB with shane reveiz returning. zach allen should be a good SS that got the most experience last year after brian tipton got hurt. brandon hylton and jarrod pitt each got to start last year early at corner. adam wigren returns at NG with a promising DE in jeff jameson.

i look for us to compete with the top 2 spots in the region again and making a run in the playoffs.

i know ooltewah has some good talent returning that will mostly be juniors and oak ridge always has players. should be an interesting region next year

Blount will be down next year, but if players can step up, I just don't see McMinn getting the 4th seed over them.

WB is losing some seniors but they are getting most of there o-line back and most of there defense back. so WB may be losing some really good seniors but WB wont let that affect them they will find new talent to take the spots of the those who are leaving. and i dont think McMinn will take the number four spot from whoever is there.