Claiborne County Over Anderson County ?

bball44444

I agree with bball44444 this was a big upset. I read the recent message board on A.C. " How about those Lady Mavs" who was 3-0 entering

this game. Claiborne had not played a game yet.

Coach Parkey is without a doubt one of the best game strategist in the state. Ask

coaches Mc Millan from MTSU, Burkey (Shelbyville), Anderson (former A-E coach),

Jim Brown (Jackson County), and others. I would like to see him coach at a program that had better athletes. Why would he choose to stay at a programl like Claiborne County?

I really don't see this game as an upset. Claiborne beat AC this past summer and although they have improved a tremendous amount, i still picked Claiborne to win. Even though Claiborne doesn't have standout players they all play together well which contributes to their success. So I don't blame Coach Parkey for staying in claiborne county, he has created a great program and some how always keeps his teams close to the top.

Who are you mrv1?

I really don't see this game as an upset. Claiborne beat AC this past summer and although they have improved a tremendous amount, i still picked Claiborne to win. Even though Claiborne doesn't have standout players they all play together well which contributes to their success. So I don't blame Coach Parkey for staying in claiborne county, he has created a great program and some how always keeps his teams close to the top.

Who are you mrv1?

Go Panthers!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with bball44444 this was a big upset. I read the recent message board on A.C. " How about those Lady Mavs" who was 3-0 entering

this game. Claiborne had not played a game yet.

Coach Parkey is without a doubt one of the best game strategist in the state. Ask

coaches Mc Millan from MTSU, Burkey (Shelbyville), Anderson (former A-E coach),

Jim Brown (Jackson County), and others. I would like to see him coach at a program that had better athletes. Why would he choose to stay at a programl like Claiborne County?

I don't think I would knock Claiborne County and the athletes they get in basketball. They have always been very competitive in both boys and girls BB. Coach Parkey is a 1979 graduate of the old Claiborne County High School and a life long resident of Claiborne. He was an outstanding player, and in fact the boys team that he played on his senior year went 31-4. He is an outstanding coach, as well as person and loyal to his alma mater.

Edited by Big Daddy

Big Daddy, I agree with your comment. Mrv1, I feel that your comment is

unwarranted. A.C. and Claiborne County are both quality programs that have good coaches and players. I believe Coach Ellis and Coach Parkey are good friends as well as coaches. Its' good to see both programs doing well this season. Good luck Lady Mavericks and Lady Bulldogs this season.

Claiborne does indeed have good solid athletes. I also picked them to win District 2AA this year, back in March.

They aren't big, but they are all excellent ball handlers. They play hard on O & D, and do so many of the little things well.

I picked Cumberland Gap, who also returns 5 starters, to finish a close 2nd, with Rutledge and Pigeon Forge battling for 3rd. None of the top 4 should be overlooked.

Union County and Gatlinburg-Pittman could be a surprise, but I think they are both still a year away from serious competion for a title.

We will all know who wants it most by tournament time.

:lol: