Best Freshmen in East Tennessee

philip2003

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kayla Christopher would have reained at Oliver Springs regardless of who was named

coach at Oliver Springs.

Kayla could have played at any school in the state of Tennessee ( Oak Ridge & Shelbyville who are tow of the elite programs in the nation), but she chose to play for her hometown. Maybe coming from great OS basketball lineage had something to do with it.

When people make ignorant comments that her mother would have bolted if she wasn't name coach is ridiculous. She comes from a first class basketball family.

Obviously Coach Christopher is doing something right with a freshman & sophomore dominated team. They just beat Oneida ( state tourney team last year) on their homecourt by 9 this early in the season and is 7-2. Expect this lady Cat team to conintue to improve as it become a very very good team by March under the direction of Coach C.

Great OS basketball lineage how many state championships in the past 15 years dont go comparing yourself to Shelbyville and OR they are out of your league down there in the land of the OZ. Oh yeah the reason those Freshman and Sophmores are so good they had a great middle school coach dont forget about SAM.

Kayla is still climbing my ladder of opinion. Her and Faith are at the top of the heap in East Tennessee. Faith seems a bit under utilized at AC, but maybe they don't wish to over-burden her with responsibility at such a young age. Thats not happening at OS, Christopher is driving that car from both the two spot and the point. She clearly understands the game and makes few mistakes through the course of the game. Something a freshman guard does a lot the first year. Obviously shes not your average freshman.

:thumb: Kaz :thumb:

What is wrong with each one of these communities rooting for and wishing each other nothing but the best? I don't understand why you would have it in for the other schools. A great example would be the Maryville and Alcoa football teams and staff and how they get along and try to help one another. Each could certainly learn from the other. Oak Ridge, Anderson County, Oliver Springs are all in different classes at the present time and should be pulling for the other. JMO

What is wrong with each one of these communities rooting for and wishing each other nothing but the best? I don't understand why you would have it in for the other schools. A great example would be the Maryville and Alcoa football teams and staff and how they get along and try to help one another. Each could certainly learn from the other. Oak Ridge, Anderson County, Oliver Springs are all in different classes at the present time and should be pulling for the other. JMO

Yes, I agree completely! And heck, why not support local teams even if they're in the same class? I mean, I would love to see Clinton win a game soon! Go Dragons.

The intelligence of this board is comical at times. I don't know if its a combination of being trigger hapy to correct aopposing view that allows for erroneous filled posts of simplistic ignorance. Maybe Both. Lets furter examine for entertament appeal.

Posted by GoldCrow

"Great OS basketball lineage how many state championships in the past 15 years dont go comparing yourself to Shelbyville and OR they are out of your league down there in the land of the OZ. Oh yeah the reason those Freshman and Sophmores are so good they had a great middle school coach dont forget about SAM."

Definition of Lineage:

Lineage= The descendants of a common ancestor considered to be the founder of the line.

Now that all segements of the trigger happy audience undestands the word lineage, lets see my original post & how the word was used and why Gold's response is bizzare.

"Kayla Christopher would have remained at Oliver Springs regardless of who was named

coach at Oliver Springs.

Kayla could have played at any school in the state of Tennessee ( including Oak Ridge & Shelbyville who are two of the elite programs in the nation), but she chose to play for her hometown high school.. Maybe coming from great OS basketball lineage had something to do with it.

When people make ignorant comments that her mother would have bolted if she wasn't name coach is ridiculous. She comes from a first class basketball family.

Obviously Coach Christopher is doing something right with a freshman & sophomore dominated team. They just beat Oneida ( state tourney team last year) on their homecourt by 9 this early in the season and is 7-2. Expect this lady Cat team to conintue to improve as it become a very very good team by March under the direction of Coach C."

CLEARLY, I stated she came from great basketball lineage. That is completely accurate. If anyone knows anything about her family, they understand her dad was a OSHS mens assistant and head basketball coach for many years in Coach Brown. Also, her mother ( Coach Christpher) was a great player in her own right. My points is, Kayla Christopher is considered by many experts and recruiting analysts as possibly the best freshman in the state of Tennessee. She has played AAU basketball with the best players in Tennessee and if she didn't want to be at Oliver Springs EVERY high school in the state of Tennessee would be estatic over he suiting up for them. That is not an opinion. That is a FACT.

Also, who compared OS to Oak Ridge or Shelbyville.? Its obvious again you are so trigger happy for a correction that you were void of reading comprehension of my post. As clearly indicated, I stated kayla could have played at two of the elite programs in the country in oak ridge & shelbyville if she chose to, but she comes from a great tradition of basketball players and coaches from Oliver Springs and her heart is purple and gold. For whatever reason, your post read I was stating OS is on the same level as OR & Shelbyville which clearly isnt the casre.

Interesting you mention the last 15 years. No schools can compete with Shelbyville and OR. However, OS made it to the state tourney twice in the last 15 years. Also, it has made the substate 5 times during that span & won 7 district championships. Also, OS has sent 3 kids to Division 1 schools to play basketball & dozens of others to to Division 2, NAIA, and Juco colleges. OS has an enrollment of just over 400 kids. Oak Ridge has an enrollment of over 1600 and Shelbyville has over 1200. Both OR and Shelbyville have been in the USA top 25 poll almost more times than any other program in the country. The point is , OS isn't on the level on a yearly basis as OR and Shelbyville. But, what school is? Without question, OS has become one of the better girls basketball programs in Tennessee which typically means you can compete with anyone in the country.

On a last note, Coach Kristopher is doing an EXCELLENT job with the young Lady Cats. She deserves the support of everyone.

Edited by OS91

Congratulations to all in the land of the OZ!!!! Again I say congratulations to the LADY BOBCAT basketball team. Also congratulation to Coach Todd Wright for all those stats you threw at me over the past five years. You did a great job building a program and had some great help at the middle school level. No one will take any thing away from a great coach. Now I dont want to upset anyone by this post. So tell me what is the ultimate goal of the Lady Bobcats at the end of the season? Great Thread!!!! Who used the Webster on Lineage???

I ' ll put Dickson from greeneville against anyone in the state.

Shellie McKinney from Cloudland held Dickson from Greenville to 6 points. And in a freshman game last Saturday Jordi Miller contained Mikki Oliver, with some great help defense. Sydnie Buchanan can stop anyone assigned to her. Brooke Johnson is a hustler and if the ball is within reach she will steal it. They are very well coached up at Cloudland

Th Highlander