Scott High's New Team

FlatFoot02

First of all, until Scott High gets some fan, school, and community support, it's going to be hard to please anyone (or to have much to fight and work for)...even though they have improved so much since the last few years. Most of the people watching the games (I hate to say) don't really know much about basketball. They assume scoring is the only asset a player can have, they don't know the team's systems, and they certainly don't know the coaching philosophy. Scott High is a much improved team...even though they don't show it in the win column just yet. Chad Marcum is an excellent coach, and he really knows how to get everything out of his players. I hope everyone gives him (and the girls) a little time. I look for Scott High to drastically improve...just maybe not this year. I think they'll win between 7 and 10 games, but hopefully they'll keep everything else close. That's all I, as a fan, can ask! And I hope everyone else can agree!

excellent post

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me start by saying Coach C. Marcum will do a good job, however he is not a miracle worker. This team is still two or possibly three years away from being competitive.

They have no scoring punch, and I will make a prediction that the leading scorer on this team will average no more than eight points per game by years end.

The girls are playing hard, and look good at times during the game, but are still very, very turn over proned.

I will agree with an earlier post 7-10 wins.

I agree with you about them not having a scoring punch, and that's a bad way to be. They really have no one they can depend on to score. Every team needs at least one player they can count on to get at least 10-15 points a game. At least in the past, they had a little bit of that. Hopefully some girls will step up. There are a couple of players on the team that have the potential to be scorers, but it may take them a while to come around. They're young, too, and everyone has to remember that...but then again, for the last 6 years that has been the excuse in the Scott High girls program. The players are going to have to step up. But good luck to them...and Coach Marcum. I would like to see some pride in Scott High School...no matter what sport it's in!

I just want Scott to quit making excuses. Even if you're young, you need to know how to take care of the basketball...and win some games. I look forward to a better program, and this better coach, but for the past 5 or 6 years "being young" has been the excuse for the Highlanders; however, they have had some good players and talent go through that program. I hope the girls and team don't just "settle" and let those excuses everyone else makes make them content. I honestly think they are just so used to losing that they don't know what it's like to win...and that's a sad situation.