Ravenwood vs Oak Ridge

dackon

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lets go ravenwood have a strong practice this week and get ready to go to the boro saturday and play your heart out becuse this willo be the night you will never forget coming home hopefully as 5A state champions

Win, Win, Win, Ravenwood, you beat everyone to get here, bring home the gold!

Deapseadiver829 wrote on the message board for the Oak Ridge vs. Riverdale game: “It's sad that the two best teams have to meet in the semi's.”

As the saying goes: “Don’t count your chickens before they hatch!”

I drove up from Chattanooga to attend my first Oak Ridge home game in four years and was totally thrilled by the experience. The OR crowd was brilliant and enthusiastic!

However, no State Championship was won last night. Oak Ridge fans know that. Oak Ridge coaches know that and Oak Ridge players know that. Even the Oak Ridge cheerleaders and band know that.

How do we know that? Because nobody saw chickens hatching and running wild around Oak Ridge. :D

If Ravenwood thinks Oak Ridge looks past teams in the Championship game, then they may want to look at Oak Ridge's record in Championship games. Here is a hint...goose eggs.

Do I think OR is a lock? NO! That is why my family will be coming to the game to yell on Team Wildcat

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL!

Deapseadiver829 wrote on the message board for the Oak Ridge vs. Riverdale game: “It's sad that the two best teams have to meet in the semi's.”

As the saying goes: “Don’t count your chickens before they hatch!”

Deepseadiver829 also wrote on another post........" Not so fast my friend! Your in the finals for a reason, because you belong there! Oak Ridge underestimates no one after the lost to Ooltewah. I look forward to the game....."

Good try, we will see you in the boro, no use in smack talking, the game in settled on the field.

Roll Wildcats!!!

[quote name='deepseadiver829' date='Nov 26 2005 - 08:50 AM'

Good try, we will see you in the boro, no use in smack talking, the game in settled on the field.

Roll Wildcats!!!

Super post Deepseadiver! I'm positive our players are all aware of this. They have worked too hard to just quit one week before the State Championship game.

Sorry Ravenwood fans, you will get the very best of Team Wildcat.

WooHoo! This is my last post for the 2005 season. Best of luck this Saturday and know win or lose, I LOVE Oak Ridge! :D

I have seen both play and my analysis

Ravenwood:

Finesse and speed is the word. They get more out of their talent than anybody in the state. Their qb can run or throw and is a d1 type qb. Their tb (dylan williams) is elusive and fast but runs hard. Very quick defense but not what i would call a real physical d up front the beat you with speed.

Oakridge:

Power football especially on defense. Their defense runs to the ball

Offense don't let guilimires stats fool you they can throw also and #2 as receiver is the real deal. Their qb makes good decisions with the ball and can run also

rating each area as 10 being the best AND A 10 POINT MUST SYSTEM minus the other teams rarting

qb -- RAVENWOOD 10 OR 7 = +3

rb -- OR 10 TO 6 =+ 4

o line -- OR 10 RWOOD 7 =+3

d line - OR 10 RWOOD 6 =+4

d- backs - RAVENWOOD 10 OR 8 =+2

special teams - RAVENWOOD 10 OR 8 =+2

team size strength - OR 10 RWOOD 7 =+3

team speed - RAVENWOOD 10 TO 8 =+2

coaching - OR ( rwood has a great coach but OR's coach has been there before so he gets a slight advantage) OR 10 RWOOD 8 =+2

With my new system

OR 16

RWOOD 9

OR is now officially favored by 7 points in my system I just invented !!

but I could be wrong ( :

watch, That is in one section of the TSSAA website and is refferring to since playoffs started. The Cats have 8 gold balls in the trophy case and are working on#9. Drop by and see them sometime.

Ole Dad

From TSSAA website...as info...

Oak Ridge has won 4 state championships. They have been to the semi-finals 9 times (4-5). Same as Riverdale's record before this year.

Im just happy that we made it. 2 months before the season i was saying ravenwood is gonna "at least make the state championship game" well all the players do not accept that. They are going to have the best practice this week for the rest of their lives... except for those that make it into a d1 college (TC maybe Becker). We will see i kno the wildcats are probably bringing one of the best teams they have ever had which makes it all the more exciting. OR seems to be strong in rushing and in the passing game seems to be good too. Dillon williams gets his share of the rushing yards. He seems to run up the middle and breaks one tackle and gets 10 or 15 yards. But other times he gets met in the backfeild by a band of white jersey's. and now i got one question. Are tickets still $7? Good luck to both teams and win or lose the entire school is proud of the raptors for going this far.