Ravenwood vs Oak Ridge

dackon

Im just happy that we made it. 2 months before the season i was saying ravenwood is gonna "at least make the state championship game" well all the players do not accept that. They are going to have the best practice this week for the rest of their lives... except for those that make it into a d1 college (TC maybe Becker). We will see i kno the wildcats are probably bringing one of the best teams they have ever had which makes it all the more exciting. OR seems to be strong in rushing and in the passing game seems to be good too. Dillon williams gets his share of the rushing yards. He seems to run up the middle and breaks one tackle and gets 10 or 15 yards. But other times he gets met in the backfeild by a band of white jersey's. and now i got one question. Are tickets still $7? Good luck to both teams and win or lose the entire school is proud of the raptors for going this far.

Tickets are $10, that is what I heard. We will be there, too! Yes, the Riverdale game was a great one and RD turned up with a super crowd to go with the rest of the totally full facility. Congrats to the Warriors for a super run. And yes, I know how it feels to go home after a loss. Last night was different for OR!

Still, OR certainly knows there is one game to go and that both teams will be at their best this coming Sat. evening.

Roll Wildcats! BYW, what condition is the field at MTSU? It has been a while since being there!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

watch, That is in one section of the TSSAA website and is refferring to since playoffs started. The Cats have 8 gold balls in the trophy case and are working on#9. Drop by and see them sometime.

Ole Dad

Actually, Ole Dad........you (Oak Ridge) have 7 gold balls in the trophy case......Maryville and MBA have 8 and Brentwood Academy has 9..........you have never been state runner up as "watchfootball" stated. These records can be found at http://tssaa.org/schdir/records/GetRecords.cfm . These records go back to the to the early 1900's (20's-30's)

Edited by Brandon100

Great job Ravenwood on making it to the state championship, but as we have said all year, "We're not statisfied!" So I hope no one thinks that Ravenwood is just gonna hand the game over to Oak Ridge. Itll be a tough game and will be decided by one factor...WHO EVER HAS MORE HEART!

The Ravenwood raptors do have a lot of heart and they will practice hard all week to try to get the plays down pat on what they will think oakridge will run or pass now they have a good ofence and one of the players is big joe thompson he will be a contender to go up against and he will not give up just like tc want give up until satisfied but the d line is good to with isah and daniel becker and also tc at safety it will be a good match up against oakridge i willgive a estimate of who will win and i will go with UNDERestimated and the sore will go 20-17 either team i say but ravenwood keep your head and fullfill your dram since you were freshman and bring home the gold ball to the ravenwood high school this year go RAPTORS lets play football

Well, Ravenwood is certainly well represented with their number of posts. Oak Ridge is alive and well, just ask Riverdale. This team has had a motto from day 1, ONE TEAM, ONE DREAM. This group works very well together and acutaly feeds off one another.

OR will not look past Ravenwood and count a gold ball. They know they have to earn it and will work very hard this week to make sure they have the best shot possible.

OR the win last night was awesome and incredible, now just go do it again next week!

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL :blink:

Actually, Ole Dad........you (Oak Ridge) have 7 gold balls in the trophy case......Maryville and MBA have 8 and Brentwood Academy has 9..........you have never been state runner up as "watchfootball" stated. These records can be found at http://tssaa.org/schdir/records/GetRecords.cfm . These records go back to the to the early 1900's (20's-30's)

WRONG!!! BRANDON100

Oak Ridge State Champions

1956,1958,1961,1962,1975,1979,1980,1991......I count 8, how about you?

National Champions 1958

it doesn't matter how many titles you guys have..We allknow how good the Wildcats are.....They are in the state title mix every year....Go Wildcats...Hoterville is pulling for ya.......Maybe we should get some 2-5a t-shirts made up with somehting on them about it being the toughest region in 5a........................I will be there at the game pulling for you guys!!!!!!!! I hope Spencer has a career day and breaks records left and right.........You guys deserve it...............

Ravenwood trophy case needs the golden championship ball trophy to go with the wooden “Battle of the Woods” trophy, currently in Ravenwood possession. The Raptors don’t have years of history to fill the trophy case, being one of the newer schools in Tennessee.

Let the tradition begin! GO RAPTORS!

WRONG!!! BRANDON100

Oak Ridge State Champions

1956,1958,1961,1962,1975,1979,1980,1991......I count 8, how about you?

National Champions 1958

You were champions in '56,'58,'59,'62 through action ratings......not by a state championship from playing someone for the title. These are mythical as well as the national championship.....just as USA Today's mythical national championship holds. Therer was no playoff system.

You were not the top team in '61, but were considered in '59, according to the TSSAA.

You did win in '75,'79,'80 and '91.

If this is so, then I stand corrected.

If you feel your team was slighted by the TSSAA regarding the number of state championships, I would suggest you send in the correction, as they have a way on the website to correct this.

Ravenwood trophy case needs the golden championship ball trophy to go with the wooden “Battle of the Woods” trophy, currently in Ravenwood possession. The Raptors don’t have years of history to fill the trophy case, being one of the newer schools in Tennessee.

Wouldn't Brentwood Academy hold the "wood" trophy since you lost to them this year, and wouldn't they also be County Champions since you beat Brentwood, Franklin, Page and Centennial and Brentwood Academy beat Ravenwood? :lol:

Does Brentwood Academy and Ravenwood play in 2006?

Wouldn't Brentwood Academy hold the "wood" trophy since you lost to them this year, and wouldn't they also be County Champions since you beat Brentwood, Franklin, Page and Centennial and Brentwood Academy beat Ravenwood? :lol:

Does Brentwood Academy and Ravenwood play in 2006?

BA doesnt really count considering they are DII. The "wood'" trophy goes to the winner of the Brent"wood" Raven"wood" game.