Ravenwood vs Oak Ridge

dackon

Wouldn't Brentwood Academy hold the "wood" trophy since you lost to them this year, and wouldn't they also be County Champions since you beat Brentwood, Franklin, Page and Centennial and Brentwood Academy beat Ravenwood? :lol:

Does Brentwood Academy and Ravenwood play in 2006?

They do play next year, yes.

There apparently actually is a real "wood trophy". That will go to the winner of the Ravenwood v. BHS game every year, kind of like some of those other single game trophies. Nice tradition to start.

As you know, BA has not lost to a Wilco team since 1970, so the argument is moot.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You were champions in '56,'58,'59,'62 through action ratings......not by a state championship from playing someone for the title. These are mythical as well as the national championship.....just as USA Today's mythical national championship holds. Therer was no playoff system.

You were not the top team in '61, but were considered in '59, according to the TSSAA.

You did win in '75,'79,'80 and '91.

If this is so, then I stand corrected.

If you feel your team was slighted by the TSSAA regarding the number of state championships, I would suggest you send in the correction, as they have a way on the website to correct this.

you are wrong B)

Brandon100 Someone has to be the champion every year and if we want to say we were the champions those years then we will.

Actually there were two rating systems in the "old" days. Kind of like before the highly touted BCS. they didn't always agree. Thus two champions in the same year. Also there weren't any classifications you were rated against the whole state.

You want to talk about championships, talk about someone else. We don't care to hear about it from you.

By the way how many gold balls does your school showcase have in it?

Brandon100 Someone has to be the champion every year and if we want to say we were the champions those years then we will.

Actually there were two rating systems in the "old" days. Kind of like before the highly touted BCS. they didn't always agree. Thus two champions in the same year. Also there weren't any classifications you were rated against the whole state.

You want to talk about championships, talk about someone else. We don't care to hear about it from you.

By the way how many gold balls does your school showcase have in it?

9 Gold Balls.....I went to Brentwood Academy.......... B)

12 Silver Balls.........

We have been to the State Championship 21 times...... B)

Except for the mythical polls, you guys have only played in 4 state championships against actual competition......

The last time we played Oak Ridge, we came out the victor at Oak Ridge's stadium back in the late 1980's............ remember? By the way.......you guys were 3A and we were 2A.....B)

Edited by Brandon100

9 Gold Balls.....I went to Brentwood Academy..........

12 Silver Balls.........

We have been to the State Championship 21 times......

The last time we played Oak Ridge, we came out the victor at Oak Ridge's stadium back in the late 1980's............ remember? By the way.......you guys were 3A and we were 2A.....B)

Call me crazy, but I bet there's not one nor is there a chance for one to say

2005 State Champions.....Football B)B)B)

Oak Ridge needs to forget about the Riverdale game and focus on Ravenswood. Too many times I have seen a team win a huge emotional game then let down the next week.

I'm picking OR by 10, and I hope SG gets player of the game.

I haven't seen Oak Ridge, but I have seen Ravenwood. They have peaked at the right time...........I'll take them by 10.