Ravenwood vs. Oak Ridge

WarriorFan

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Ravenwood will be in for a long night this saturday.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL!!!!! BACK WHERE WE BELONG

Another projection from calprep.com. Thus far in the playoffs, these guys have been fairly accurate. However, it is just a prediction, is it Saturday yet?????

5A CHAMPIONSHIP

Oak Ridge (TN) vs. Ravenwood (Brentwood, TN) at Middle Tennessee State U. (Murfreesboro, TN), 7:00pm [projection: Oak Ridge (TN) 28-17] :ph34r:

Another projection from calprep.com. Thus far in the playoffs, these guys have been fairly accurate. However, it is just a prediction, is it Saturday yet?????

5A CHAMPIONSHIP

Oak Ridge (TN) vs. Ravenwood (Brentwood, TN) at Middle Tennessee State U. (Murfreesboro, TN), 7:00pm [projection: Oak Ridge (TN) 28-17] :ph34r:

If your a Ravenwood fan you have got to love the calprep prediction because they also predicted Ridgeway over Ravenwood. Thank you calprep.

Back to the important issues. First of all i would like to thank Jay Nelson for the shout out he gave us in the Rhs-Ridgeway game, looking forward to the game this saturday and even more watching the replay the week after.There is nothing more i would enjoy than share comments with you about the flock of raptors at the big game. The dominating Jay Nelson team has made my wensday nights the most enjoyable night of the week. And all I gotta say is ," You gotta love 'em J.T., the flock of raptors has flown there way all the way to state, J.T.".........JENNINGS!!!!! on the roll out!!!!! throws the ball away....NICE PLAY BY JENNINGS, FOLKS!!!!

p.s. Contact us back Mr. Nelson. About when to meet you in the press box.

Bruins06,

This post is going out to you,everyone at Ravenwood,and all the football fans in Williamson county that tuned in to our broadcast on channel 9 this year.First J.T and I would like to thank every player,coach,parent,fan,and administrator at Ravenwood for giving us the opportunity to become the play-by-play announcers for this wonderful football team."You guys Rock and this coaching staff is incredible!!" I was just a fan for the past two years sitting back been watching this football program grow.The reason I approached Coach Rector about boadcating the games every week on tv is because I really saw something special in this program at Ravenwood and I wanted to help it continue to build it even in a small way like the show.When we first started broadcasting the games I knew my annoucing style was a little crazy and over the top and wasn't sure how the football fans would respond to it. But anyone who knows me will tell you I am always a little crazy and always over the top with anything I do. That's just me!! Over the past 14 weeks I have been in complete disbelief that people like bruins06 and other folks have responded to the broadcast like they have.It's awesome!!I don't really understand why bruins06 likes the show enough to paste my photo from my website on all of his posts, but hey I really am Flattered (Hey I don't even think bruins06 has any affiation with Ravenwood he's a Brentwood guy). People have asked me before why did you do this show. Well I will tell you why I did it , because I absolutely love football. And I will argue to my deathbed that high school football is the greatest, purest, form of the game on the planet. Hey Why in the heck would anyone go out and spend thousands of dollars a year to support the titans ( and don't get me wrong I love the Titans!!) when there is probably an awesome high school football team( not just Ravenwood) just down the road from your home that would really appreciate your support and help. Well I'll get back to the reason for my post. I just wanted to say thanks and inform all of the ravenwood fans that J.T. and I will not be able to broadcast the State Championship Game on Saturday due to the rights being owned by the UPN network.We are really bumbed out about this but there is nothing we can do about it and believe me we've tried. But I can tell you one thing we will all be there in the BORO with our entire crew acting the exact same way we do every Friday night. And if you listen real close you might even hear a couple of those "I tell you what J.T., T.C. Jennings and these Raptors ..... Oh man they are special!!!"

Leave it all on the field guys!!! Thanks for a Great season and the many more to come!!

Jay Nelson

I guess what RaptorFan 10 (Jay) was saying, if anyone wants a video, it will have to be recorded because it will be shown once on UPN. Get your TIVO's or recorders ready to catch the game before you leave for the game.

By the why, great job doing the game play by play this year. You’ve made great videos for the Raptors fans all year. How about putting together a highlight video for this year with coaches comments once the Raptors comes home Saturday with the Golden Football.

A very good article by our own DCCATVOICE: (free registration required)

The View: What longevity by the 'Cats

Sounds like we have 2 great teams squaring off on Sat. Night. I thought our defense played an outstanding game against Riverdale. We will need another great effort by our defense to beat Ravenwood. I wouldn't be surprised if this were a lowing scoring game since both defenses have been playing so well.

Edited by boyfromsi

i am not trying to bash anyone, but there is comment on here by a ravenwood fan where on of their coaches sayin that it doesnt take 60 years to establish a good team and i agree with that... but i also know that it takes years (like 10-60) to establish GREAT PROGRAMS like OR,DB,Maryville,and Riverdale.

but back to this game the title goes back to the ridge.

Roll Cats Roll

Seniors take care of business one last time.

i am not trying to bash anyone, but there is comment on here by a ravenwood fan where on of their coaches sayin that it doesnt take 60 years to establish a good team and i agree with that... but i also know that it takes years (like 10-60) to establish GREAT PROGRAMS like OR,DB,Maryville,and Riverdale.

but back to this game the title goes back to the ridge.

Roll Cats Roll

Seniors take care of business one last time.

TC Jennings said that to a newspaper reporter. A coach did not say that. I agree that it takes several several years to create a great program & tradition. I think the Ravenwood seniors are thinking the same thing as far as taking care of business one last time. I will say this: I will not be surprised if Ravenwood comes out on top in this game. They are a very solid & veteran team that is being looked at right now as the underdog & probably should be. Just dont be surprised if you look up at the scoreboard late in the game & Ravenwood is on top. This will be a great game barring tons of mistakes & turnovers by either team. In my opinion all of the pressure is on Oak Ridge. I know that the players are not looking at it that way but from a fan stand point. The pressure is all on you Oak Ridge folk. Because you are SUPPOSED to win because of the name on your chest. Good luck Raptors!! Bring down Goliath once again.

Twit,

Just as TC Jennings supposedy stated, It doesn't take 60 years to establish a good team, heck it can be done in a year or two for sure. BUT, it does take many years to establish a Dynasty and there are only a few of these in Tennessee football history. OR is one, as is Maryville, DB, and a few others. Ravenwood may be on the way, but right now they are just a flash in the pan good team. Call me in 50 years and I'll discuss weather they achieved Dynasty status or not with you. For this particular season they have achieved greatness, as has OR.

Ole Dad

TC Jennings said that to a newspaper reporter. A coach did not say that. I agree that it takes several several years to create a great program & tradition. I think the Ravenwood seniors are thinking the same thing as far as taking care of business one last time. I will say this: I will not be surprised if Ravenwood comes out on top in this game. They are a very solid & veteran team that is being looked at right now as the underdog & probably should be. Just dont be surprised if you look up at the scoreboard late in the game & Ravenwood is on top. This will be a great game barring tons of mistakes & turnovers by either team. In my opinion all of the pressure is on Oak Ridge. I know that the players are not looking at it that way but from a fan stand point. The pressure is all on you Oak Ridge folk. Because you are SUPPOSED to win because of the name on your chest. Good luck Raptors!! Bring down Goliath once again.

Twit,

Just as TC Jennings supposedy stated, It doesn't take 60 years to establish a good team, heck it can be done in a year or two for sure. BUT, it does take many years to establish a Dynasty and there are only a few of these in Tennessee football history. OR is one, as is Maryville, DB, and a few others. Ravenwood may be on the way, but right now they are just a flash in the pan good team. Call me in 50 years and I'll discuss weather they achieved Dynasty status or not with you. For this particular season they have achieved greatness, as has OR.

Ole Dad

Ole Dad, If you read my post carefully you'll see where I agreed that it takes several several years to build tradition and or a dynasty. By the way, it is twitty to you sir. I know you are in awe of the Wildcats and probably should be but dont let that distract you from who you SHOULD be pulling for. You should want the Gold Ball to remain in Middle TN. I have a feeling you are rooting for the Wildcats because they knocked off your beloved Warriors. They are not world beaters. Get off of their bandwagon.