Tellico Plains

cephus23

This is one of the tougher jobs probably in the state. I remember years ago when they had a player named Harms and had a pretty good team but still could not make the play-offs. This is a job for someone with patience and who has been through the tough times. Not to discourage but this job can ruin a young coaches career before they get started. Case in point the former head coach. Had been around really good programs but couldn't get it turned and now has to start over. Good luck to Coach Puryear wherever he lands. Good guy

I don't post much.....

Actually they made the playoffs Daniels Senior season as we went 11-2 and lost to Oneida in the State quarterfinals. The team had a very good offensive line that average about 6'3" 275 for a small AA school that is big. The losses came to the #1 ranked Meigs County Tigers 33-21 and we lost to Oneida 28-14, but we were ahead at half and couldn't finish it off. The feature back was Daniel Harms but we had a couple of other solid TBs as well (Morgan Dalton& Jeremiah Kirkland).

Then they made the playoffs again the next season by beating Polk County in the final game of the regular season to play Westmoreland.

The Senior class that Daniel was in also played in a bowl game at Copper Basin High School during their Junior season losing to Jermaine Copeland and his Harriman Blue Devils.

How do I know this stuff? I was part of those teams and am now an assistant coach there.

Tellico is a good town, we do not have the greatest talent in the world (we do not have the athletes that Alcoa has or other schools, but who does?), the kids need a leader, they will follow if someone gets their attention quick.

One of the problems we have is the lack of coaches, other than Coach Puryear, Coach Hunt and myself we were the only ones on staff (not volunteers).

Anyone wanting information on this job can email me at coach_cathey@yahoo.com, I can let you know some of the things that we have returning and other stuff.

Good information. I in no way meant to slight your program. I hope that you took no offense. I remember his junior year because they started the year really hot and then missed the play-offs.

No offense taken, just wanting let them know a little history about the program.

We're good. :lol: