Recapping 4-5A in 2005 Part 1

TDCman

For the first time in several years, there will not be a representative from 4-5A in the state championship game. So the question is: How successful was this year for the region?

On the surface I think most would say the region was much stronger this year. That may, or may not, be true but the region was certainly more balanced. Riverdale continued it's streaks in the region but there were strong challenges from Lavergne, Smyrna, and Wilson Central. Lebanon played the Warriors surprisingly tough.

The region's playoff record against non-region teams was 4 wins against 3 losses.

The region's regular season record against outside opponents was 13-11.

Based on those results, the region on a whole should rate as slightly above average in 2005.

Using the unapproved website matchup projections and matching each team's 2004 and 2005 squads, only three teams were deemed better in 2005. Those three were:

Lavergne

Siegel

Wilson Central

And I think we would all agree that those three teams were better in 2005.

Deemed not as good in 2005:

Riverdale - expected, there will be few teams as good as the 2004 Warriors

Smyrna - expected, but I'll disagree on this one. I liked the 2005 squad even without the 'stars'

Lebanon - expected, they graduated everyone.

Oakland - not expected, very close but most expected a much improved team in 2005

Blackman - expected, embarked on a rebuilding project from the ground up

It will be a while before it makes any sense to start trying to project 2006 (though we'll probably do it anyway :thumb: ). It is interesting that this year was good and so many of the QBs will be back for another shot next year. We'll spend half the winter debating which QB is best. Those returners:

Riverdale - Thomas

Oakland - Burnette

Smyrna - Gray

Blackman - Cave and Wallace

Wilson Central - Scott

Lavergne - Rodriguez

I know Siegel graduates their QB but I'm not sure about the guy at Lebanon. Still, the DBs in the region better start working out right now.

Was the region better this year...yes...but it will be even better next year!!!

THE YEAR OF THE QUARTERBACK IS COMING IN 2006!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oops missed on Zeke...seems like he has been there 5 od 6 years.

Anybody know about the QB at Lebanon? Is it possible that all the QBs are coming back.

The QB from Lebanon was a soph . His name is Daily Sallis. ( Sp of the first name could be slightly off tho.)

We will forgive you about Zeke......he has started since he was a soph.

For the first time in several years, there will not be a representative from 4-5A in the state championship game. So the question is: How successful was this year for the region?

On the surface I think most would say the region was much stronger this year. That may, or may not, be true but the region was certainly more balanced. Riverdale continued it's streaks in the region but there were strong challenges from Lavergne, Smyrna, and Wilson Central. Lebanon played the Warriors surprisingly tough.

The region's playoff record against non-region teams was 4 wins against 3 losses.

The region's regular season record against outside opponents was 13-11.

Based on those results, the region on a whole should rate as slightly above average in 2005.

Using the unapproved website matchup projections and matching each team's 2004 and 2005 squads, only three teams were deemed better in 2005. Those three were:

Lavergne

Siegel

Wilson Central

And I think we would all agree that those three teams were better in 2005.

Deemed not as good in 2005:

Riverdale - expected, there will be few teams as good as the 2004 Warriors

Smyrna - expected, but I'll disagree on this one. I liked the 2005 squad even without the 'stars'

Lebanon - expected, they graduated everyone.

Oakland - not expected, very close but most expected a much improved team in 2005

Blackman - expected, embarked on a rebuilding project from the ground up

It will be a while before it makes any sense to start trying to project 2006 (though we'll probably do it anyway :rolleyes: ). It is interesting that this year was good and so many of the QBs will be back for another shot next year. We'll spend half the winter debating which QB is best. Those returners:

Riverdale - Thomas

Oakland - Burnette

Smyrna - Gray

Blackman - Cave and Wallace

Wilson Central - Scott

Lavergne - Rodriguez

I know Siegel graduates their QB but I'm not sure about the guy at Lebanon. Still, the DBs in the region better start working out right now.

Was the region better this year...yes...but it will be even better next year!!!

THE YEAR OF THE QUARTERBACK IS COMING IN 2006!

Sonny Gray, if he stays healthy, will be a tremendous quarterback the next two years. No one else on your list will come close