Baylor

johnnyboy

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night on Sport Talk 102.3 they said there are three name thus Far and they are Riverdale, CPA, & MTSU coaches that have shown interest. I know Rankin has been flirting with the idea of leaving Riverdale from the past season. He has made Riverdale a Dynasty with 4 State Championships in his tenure and has reached the Mountain Top in 5A. IMO this is what the Baylor School needs just the name will bring the athletes from all over Chattanooga and the State of Tennessee to play for a soon to be legend.

Excessive listening to Sports Talk has been proven to cause brain damage.

Jack has been the head coach at Soddy Daisy, Brentwood and Ravenwood HS.

I had heard at a basketball game the other night, the following names as people that have contacted others about the job. I don't know for sure if they all have interviewed, or are going to , or maybe they just tried to find out if they could get the job. Maybe these are false and it didn't happen, but these are a few of the names that were mentioned.

Rankin, Roger Perry at Portland, Jack Daniels, Joe Gattis, Jerry Joslin, and then they mentioned Pack from Ensworth. Don't know which ones are true or not.

I'm going to throw out a name... TIM JAMES.

Tim has done an outstanding job over the years at East Ridge and I think he would be an excellent choice for the position at Baylor. He gets the most out of his talent level and I think he can go far with the talent level at Baylor. I don't even know if he would be interested in the job but I think he would be a great choice. He knows Chattanooga like the back of his hand and he is well respected throughout the region. He could be a great fit for Baylor!

Currently, MBA pays about $50,000 a year more than Baylor, but Rutledge is also the athletic director.

My understanding is that as HC and AD he is in the 170,000 - 175,000 range at MBA. I did hear that McCollum has been in the mix.

Edited by Lifer

• 2 weeks later...