Quiet in Etowah

Mustang Fever

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things sure have quieted down over in Etowah since the games actually started. What's the deal ????

I Take it by the screen name you are a WV fan??? Why would you care whats going on in AA ball in McMinn County?? If you are a WV fan you better look at AAA and who you are gonna have to play in the next few weeks. The teams coming up are not the same caliber teams WV has been playing to pad the schedule.

I Take it by the screen name you are a WV fan??? Why would you care whats going on in AA ball in McMinn County?? If you are a WV fan you better look at AAA and who you are gonna have to play in the next few weeks. The teams coming up are not the same caliber teams WV has been playing to pad the schedule.

Volntn,

Guess what BC had more Ls than Ws last year including 2 to that weak WV team that was AA. Well at least this year those 2 Ls will be to AAA team if that makes you feel better. :thumb:

Cox and Morris are gone , Butler played a solid game. Cox single handly beat BC. Dont let beating Telico and Polk county gets your hopes up to much for this season.

WV had a great AA team from a AAA size school. Butler doesnt have the surrounding cast this year. I expect you to finish a solid 4th this season in the district.

Edited by volntn

Things sure have quieted down over in Etowah since the games actually started. What's the deal ????

Things haven't calmed down, just not talking in WV's direction. That match up has been dropped. Shame really. The freshmen did play. Central won. The real action starts tonight. Central has two losses to two AAA teams that will be fighting to win their district, and both have hopes beyond region. No shame in being beat by that caliper of teams. Central will be slow to get going this year, but by tournament time, they will have their P's and Q's in place. They are young (7 freshmen on varsity) and they will have to get used to the varsity speed and power, but they will. No doubts. :thumb:

Things haven't calmed down, just not talking in WV's direction. That match up has been dropped. Shame really. The freshmen did play. Central won. The real action starts tonight. Central has two losses to two AAA teams that will be fighting to win their district, and both have hopes beyond region. No shame in being beat by that caliper of teams. Central will be slow to get going this year, but by tournament time, they will have their P's and Q's in place. They are young (7 freshmen on varsity) and they will have to get used to the varsity speed and power, but they will. No doubts. :thumb:

McMinn Central should hold their heads high, they didn't lose to weak teams, Cleveland and McMinn have a strong teams, and Central looked alot better the second half of the Cleveland game. Haven't got to see WV play yet, but I'll be sure to watch them next friday.

McMinn Central should hold their heads high, they didn't lose to weak teams, Cleveland and McMinn have a strong teams, and Central looked alot better the second half of the Cleveland game. Haven't got to see WV play yet, but I'll be sure to watch them next friday.

I'm not sure that they should hold their heads high after the Cleveland game, but they sure don't need to drop them. Cleveland was stronger across the floor then Central as was McMinn. The only hope that Central has with those two team I believe is to get into their bench. We weren't able to do that in either game.

On the brighter side. Central did post a very strong game last night against what we expected to be a tough Tyner team. 75-34. The ladies played more like the team from two years ago then the team they were last year. I could see alot of improvement. The starters played great, and there was no drop in the level of the game as subs started entering the game. GOOD NIGHT FOR THE CHARGERETTES.

Cox and Morris are gone , Butler played a solid game. Cox single handly beat BC. Dont let beating Telico and Polk county gets your hopes up to much for this season.

WV had a great AA team from a AAA size school. Butler doesnt have the surrounding cast this year. I expect you to finish a solid 4th this season in the district.

JP has such an outstanding supporting cast that everytime you look at their scoring you see JP with 30 something so it looks like that solid supporting cast has not developed at BC either. In fact on a night that BC only scored 45 points JP scored 30 something so don't talk to me about ABs lack of support until BC proves that they have something other than an occasional KE breakout.

JP has such an outstanding supporting cast that everytime you look at their scoring you see JP with 30 something so it looks like that solid supporting cast has not developed at BC either. In fact on a night that BC only scored 45 points JP scored 30 something so don't talk to me about ABs lack of support until BC proves that they have something other than an occasional KE breakout.

Your hilarious. If you knew anything about Basketball or the team Bradley has this season you would know the difference is Defense and Subs. You will get your first taste in a few weeks. You might wanna come watch them play like I have all three area teams . So far -barring injuries- Bradley Central will be County champs. Getting by Cumberland will be another story. I would have Picked Cleveland until Simpson got the broke foot.

I am also basing my opinion on Who the area teams beat in camps and tournaments. Cleveland and Bradley have played very stiff competition and won those games. Walker valley has been playing weak AA schools and Weak tournaments. They have a good team but this all world picture you paint is far from the truth. If you want a taste of the future the BC JV team has been absolutely murdering everyone they play.

As far as JP goes, She would get 20 to 25 playing with any team in High school with her playing most of the game. She is that good. Look at her point production in AAU and it was no different. Of course she is gonna be the go to girl, but she has also has some off games and BC still won. Just remember one word. DEFENSE. I will also say the same about Simpson at Cleveland and Butler. But I also know who is backing them up at all the schools. Right now at all positions added together. Guard,wing,Post and Subs, BC stands out above the rest due to Graduation. This isn't about Butler vs. Pickle .Its about Team vs. Team.

Parents..Gotta love them.

Edited by volntn

Your hilarious. If you knew anything about Basketball or the team Bradley has this season you would know the difference is Defense and Subs. You will get your first taste in a few weeks. You might wanna come watch them play like I have all three area teams . So far -barring injuries- Bradley Central will be County champs. Getting by Cumberland will be another story. I would have Picked Cleveland until Simpson got the broke foot.

I am also basing my opinion on Who the area teams beat in camps and tournaments. Cleveland and Bradley have played very stiff competition and won those games. Walker valley has been playing weak AA schools and Weak tournaments. They have a good team but this all world picture you paint is far from the truth. If you want a taste of the future the BC JV team has been absolutely murdering everyone they play.

As far as JP goes, She would get 20 to 25 playing with any team in High school with her playing most of the game. She is that good. Look at her point production in AAU and it was no different. Of course she is gonna be the go to girl, but she has also has some off games and BC still won. Just remember one word. DEFENSE. I will also say the same about Simpson at Cleveland and Butler. But I also know who is backing them up at all the schools. Right now at all positions added together. Guard,wing,Post and Subs, BC stands out above the rest due to Graduation. This isn't about Butler vs. Pickle .Its about Team vs. Team.

Parents..Gotta love them.

"People without a clue you gotta love'em"

Glad you let us all in on the D thing and the sub thing maybe other teams can now work on that aspect of the game since you have now enlightened us all to these key factors we apparently did not know about and only BC has.

Team vs Team is what we will all see in the next weeks, hope the games are good and that someone from this County can knockoff Cumberland.

By the way good to know you love your parents. :unsure: