Football Dynasties

WarriorFan

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29% of BA losses have come in the last six years.

I haven't looked at the numbers, but I would say you are probably right. Recovering from being wrongfully thrown in the dungeon by the TSSAA for years hurt the program immensely. BA is just now getting over the damage the TSSAA wrongfully caused according to the highest courts in the land.......I see major improvements, and believe they will be a force to reckon with next year.

If you look at the signature at the bottom of my post, I have recently launched a database (and a work-in-progress at best at this early stage) to chronicle as many historical scores as possible. I am still trying to get D-B's all-time scores, but their all-time record is listed on the site.

Awesome info! I didn't know that was you recording these scores. Thanks for your hard work! :D

Oak Ridge all time football record: 545-142-11 .787%

DB all time record: 682-203-28 .762%

Brentwood Academy all time record: 368-77-3 .821%

DB has played 215 more games than OR, and 465 more games than BA.

OR has played 250 more games than BA.

.025% seperate OR and DB, .034% seperate OR and BA. .06 seperate DB and BA.

Now THIS is a good post.......I am now seeing facts rather than here-say......I am amazed that there has been a drought of state championships and state championship runner up appearances for both OR and DB with these kind of numbers. Who keeps knocking both schools out of making an appearance?

Now THIS is a good post.......I am now seeing facts rather than here-say......I am amazed that there has been a drought of state championships and state championship runner up appearances for both OR and DB with these kind of numbers. Who keeps knocking both schools out of making an appearance?

The reason is that the brackets are lopsided in Tennessee not to say they would win but would probably be in the finals. These are the records YTD by region.

Region 1 37W & 37L

Region 2 50W & 40L

Region 3 31W & 35L

Region 4 46W & 43L

Region 5 38W & 47L

Region 6 44W & 46L

Region 7 39W & 48L

Region 8 47W & 40L

Region 1-4 164W & 155L versus Region 5-8 168W & 181L

I'm not sure about DB, but since you asked, these are the teams that beat OR in the playoffs, painfully here goes:

1973 Chatt Baylor,who went on to win the state

1975 OR won the state

1977 Chatt Baylor

1979 OR won state

1980 OR won state

1982 Jeff Co

1983 Farragut

1984 Jeff Co

1985 Heritage

1987 Jeff Co, who went on to win the state

1988 Murf. Oakland

1989 Murf. Oakland

1990 Lincoln Co, who went on to win the state

1991 OR won the state

1993 Murf. Riverdale

1994 Murf. Riverdale who went on to win the state

1995 Riverdale

1996 Jeff Co

1997 DB

1998 DB

1999 Sevier Co. who went on to win the state

2000 DB

2002 DB

2003 Riverdale

2004 Riverdale who went on to win the state

Dobyns Bennett I would say qualifies as a Dynasty for the fact they average 10.87 wins per year. 84 years

Oak Ridge does as well with 11.26 wins per year. 62 years

They should have another name for these dynasties such as (Juggernaut Dynasties)

This also shows they do not rebuild but reload another fact determining a dynasty.

Edited by SergeantOwl22

Dobyns Bennett I would say qualifies as a Dynasty for the fact they average 10.87 wins per year.

Pretty strong numbers.........D-B deserves Regional dynasty at least if these numbers are correct.....hard to give them TOTAL dynasty in the modern era since they haven't been to a state championship game........but DEFINITE regional dynasty, I agree.......ok.....how about East TN dynasty? For that matter......I call OR an East TN dynasty as well......fair enough?

Edited by Brandon100