Football Dynasties

WarriorFan

Ask me Sunday who has won Championships in 6 decades. Brentwood recruited and offered scholarships their entire history while OR played what was available in the town.How have you done with the regular schools. Not too well huh?

Ole Dad

Come on.........old argument, taken as high up as the US Supreme Court, and the TSSAA got their hats handed to them.......to the point of potential bankruptcy to the TSSAA......no recruiting has ever been proven, and the program has gone through plenty of magnifying glasses. Make a better argument than that. :lol:

Here is an article that may be of interest to you:

http://www.bassberry.com/news/DealsSuits/excerpt030117.html

If recruiting is going to be talked about, please make a thread in the public-private debate. There are plenty of us that love to argue that! :)

Edited by Brandon100

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brentwood recruites and offers scholarships and is a prep school for rich kids. Great program but not public school.

Maryville

Riverdale

Oak Ridge

No one else in my opinion wins with a greater percentage past 15 years.

Again.........absolutely no proof of recruiting.......all the way to the US Supreme Court with a BA win.....there has never been one athlete in the history of the school that has been able to take the stand and say that they were recruited.....etc. Always talk by the kid or their family to make the athlete look like they are something, but when the crud has hit the fan, they have never been able to stand up in front of a court and state they were recruited.........If you want to argue this proven fact, come to the public-private debate forum and let's talk! :lol:

Here is an article for you that may be of interest:

http://www.bassberry.com/news/DealsSuits/excerpt030117.html

Also, BA is not a prep school for rich kids......it is very much a "blue collar" private school, and always has been.

Edited by Brandon100

Unfortunately, some people often post without intelligence. It's been evident from many of the Oak Ridge posters.

Oak Ridge has won State Titles in the highest classifications in: 1956, 1958, 1961, 1962, 1975, 1979, 1980, 1991, won the Ntional Championship in 1958, and are playing for the championship this Saturday, they have never lost a championship game since the playoff system was started. That gives them State Titles in 5 different decades, and they can make it 6, this Saturday, along with 9 State Titles. I'll stake this numbers against any other AAA, or AAAAA team in Tennessee history, (Note: Oak Ridge was AAA, before TSSAA reclassified to 5 classifications). I'm not saying that Oak Ridge IS The Dynasty of Tennessee, but defintly one of them!! Its evident by your slanderous remarke about Oak Ridgers, and other negative post you have posted or replied to on CoachT that don't see things your way, its your intelligence or lack of, that is in question.

Go Alcoa!!

Go Maryville!

Go Wildcats!

All DYNASTY Teams- All East Tennessee Teams

Oak Ridge has won State Titles in the highest classifications in: 1956, 1958, 1961, 1962, 1975, 1979, 1980, 1991, won the Ntional Championship in 1958, and are playing for the championship this Saturday, they have never lost a championship game since the playoff system was started. That gives them State Titles in 5 different decades, and they can make it 6, this Saturday, along with 9 State Titles. I'll stake this numbers against any other AAA, or AAAAA team in Tennessee history, (Note: Oak Ridge was AAA, before TSSAA reclassified to 5 classifications). I'm not saying that Oak Ridge IS The Dynasty of Tennessee, but defintly one of them!! Its evident by your slanderous remarke about Oak Ridgers, and other negative post you have posted or replied to on CoachT that don't see things your way, its your intelligence or lack of, that is in question.

Go Alcoa!!

Go Maryville!

Go Wildcats!

I can dig it! Oak Ridge also has the highest playoff winning percentage in the state. How you like them apples?

Go Oak Ridge!

Go Maryville!

Go Alcoa!

Edited by theship

I had never read what the courts had to say about the BA vs TSSAA case & it was most informational. That's pretty strong evidence that the TSSAA and Carter were not being honest and fair with a member school. My advice would be for the TSSAA and it's member schools not go down the road that Kentucky has or they may get everyone put back together like they used to be. Could it be that D1 and D2 are unconstitutional as we know them and will end up at the feet of the US Supreme Court? Does the T$$AA have enough money to make another trip before the "Big Court"?

Go Alcoa!!

Go Maryville!

Go Wildcats!

Slanderous?????? That is a HUGE accusation........Ambiguous is NOT slanderous, he just often speaks the truth on what folks don't want to hear.

As for an Oak Ridge Dynasty.......

Oak Ridge HAD a dynasty run in the late 1950's-early1960's by means of polls and not by means of an actual state championship game. Back to back titles in 1979-80 is NOT a dynasty. As for the "National Championship".....whatever.........

Brandon100, you are right on regarding many subjectson this thread I and I tend to agree with most. But, Brentwood Academy is not a "blue collar" school. In fact, my wife who is a BA grad and is still actively involved wanted me to post this to clarify. Now, the only sense in which you could possibly use the term "blue collar" and BA is the fact that BA probably has a more disciplined work ethic then most schools. But "blue collar" is not the best term to couple with BA. I would say something like BA out classes or out works most teams.

Slanderous?????? That is a HUGE accusation........Ambiguous is NOT slanderous, he just often speaks the truth on what folks don't want to hear.

As for an Oak Ridge Dynasty.......

Oak Ridge HAD a dynasty run in the late 1950's-early1960's by means of polls and not by means of an actual state championship game. Back to back titles in 1979-80 is NOT a dynasty. As for the "National Championship".....whatever.........

There are two different BA teams that would have to be discussed as among the best that have ever played in TN: the 1988 team and the 1996 team. I watched both play (1988--scrimmage vs. MBA; then in clinic bowl. 1996--in the heart-breaking 2OT win over MBA in the 5A quarterfinals). The 88 team beat MS champion Pascagoula, coached by Shane Matthews' dad and featured Shane Matthews and Terrell Buckley, two future NFL players. The 1996 team was probably more talented but the 88 team, which I don't think had any future D1 players on it, was a better testament to the ability of Coach Flatt.

What we will never know is what the record books would look like today had there been no expansion to 5 classes and no DI-DII split

Go Alcoa!!

Go Maryville!

Go Wildcats!

You haven't won the game in 14 years. it was 11 years before that that you won it. Two titles in 25 years, definately a dynasty. Haha, my remarks are slanderous? Do you know what the word means? My comments are merely my opinion, based on the fact that Oak Ridge needs to get past Riverdale more than once to be on the dynasty list.

But the other two teams on your list do qualify as dynasties. :unsure: Two out of Three ain't bad!