Karns @ Powell

EKLakers

I got Powell by 10.

reason number 1 is because it is at Powell, and everyone knows how hard it is to win at Powell. reason number 2 is because Karns has no one to stop Smith. and reason number 3 is they will simply get out coached!!!!!!

I agree 100 % on all counts. But Powell will need to be more than Smith. He needs to be the first option and Powell does need to play inside out. But if Karns sags and clogs to middle someone needs to step up and make them pay.

How is Karns' team looking this year? Who is putting up their points and taking control of the team? Are they any good?

As you can tell I don't know much about Karns this year - not much talk about them. From what I do know, I think Powell has it in the bag. The only way they lose is if they don't stay focused and beat themselves. I'm not saying it will be a blowout because Karns/Powell is always a good game no matter where it is played, but if Powell plays the way they are capable, I'm saying 15+.

Powell won by 11 i believe was the final score

THey played absolutley horrible till the middle of the fourth and karns tied it

Then they finally played a little ball it was deffinatly a good game but not too good on both ends

Lee needs to watch how he plays they called an technical and a intentinal foul on two horrible calls the refs looked they wanted to get him from the start

too bad he missed the dunk it would have been nice

I said that Powell would win by 15+ if they played like they were capable of playing. They did not play well in my mind. There were some bright spots here and there, but overall, I felt like they could have played a lot better.

Most of the bright spots I am talking about came on the offensive end for Powell. I was actually surprised. I knew Lee and Conner were good, but they still surprised me for some reason. Does anyone know how many they scored and how many rebounds Lee got - semmed like he was comin down with every one.

I was surprised yet again, but on a bad note - the Panthers defense. It didn't look too good, but last night was the first time I have got to see them play and maybe they had an off night on the defensive end. Either way, I am sure that Monday's practice will be focused on defense because Ogan was livid at times. There were a lot of accounts when the help D wasn't there and Ogan would be screamin'. But I feel like if the Panters can pick up their defense, then they definitely have a chance to do some damage this year.

I know both of the Panthers games are home next week, but who do they play?

from the news sentinal

Powell 68, Karns 57: Lee Smith had his second huge game of the week with 24 points and 15 rebounds for the Panthers (5-1, 2-0 in 3-AAA). Chris Conner scored 17 points and grabbed nine boards. Karns got 20 points from Alex Burkhalter

If Smith comtinues to put up those kind of numbers Powell will be hard to stop. Oak Ridge will be a good measureing stick But keep in mind O.R. will be a bit short handed due to football athletes just getting back.