1A-2A-3A FOOTBALL

Guest catfish-hunter

Guest catfish-hunter

The 2005 season is over in Classes 1A-2A-3A and now we have nothing to do except look ahead to the 2006 season.

1A: Why would I ever pick against Trousdale County??? The Yellow Jackets do have an awfully talented backfield to replace next season but I expect Blake Satterfield to step up and become a real playmaker next year.

2A: Alcoa could 3-PEAT in 2006 despite losing Lindsay, Fiegler, and Warren. They return a ton of talent on the offensive side of the ball in Shiverdecker, Sommer, and Lanxter. Fiegler's replacement will really fall into a goldmine next year. Goodpasture was young. Medley, Lovell, and Stroud will all be back for the Cougars next year as well as Stroud's op receiver KJ Beavers. Huntingdon will be a player once again next year. Chris Donald will finally be a senior and the Mustangs will also return quarterback Cody Crocker.

3A: Fulton returns Rogan next year and they could be the preseason favorites to win it all in 3A next year. Pearl-Cohn returns their star quarterback, Mason, and their top receivers, Gordon, Gupton, and Mason. David Lipscomb returns Matt Elrod, who may be the preseason favorite to win Mr. Football in 2006.

THERE ARE MANY TEAMS I'M MISSING NO QUESTION ABOUT IT SO PLEASE INFORM ME IF I'VE LEFT OUT ANY CONTENDERS TO WIN IT ALL IN 2006.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 2005 season is over in Classes 1A-2A-3A and now we have nothing to do except look ahead to the 2006 season.

1A: Why would I ever pick against Trousdale County??? The Yellow Jackets do have an awfully talented backfield to replace next season but I expect Blake Satterfield to step up and become a real playmaker next year.

2A: Alcoa could 3-PEAT in 2006 despite losing Lindsay, Fiegler, and Warren. They return a ton of talent on the offensive side of the ball in Shiverdecker, Sommer, and Lanxter. Fiegler's replacement will really fall into a goldmine next year. Goodpasture was young. Medley, Lovell, and Stroud will all be back for the Cougars next year as well as Stroud's op receiver KJ Beavers. Huntingdon will be a player once again next year. Chris Donald will finally be a senior and the Mustangs will also return quarterback Cody Crocker.

3A: Fulton returns Rogan next year and they could be the preseason favorites to win it all in 3A next year. Pearl-Cohn returns their star quarterback, Mason, and their top receivers, Gordon, Gupton, and Mason. David Lipscomb returns Matt Elrod, who may be the preseason favorite to win Mr. Football in 2006.

THERE ARE MANY TEAMS I'M MISSING NO QUESTION ABOUT IT SO PLEASE INFORM ME IF I'VE LEFT OUT ANY CONTENDERS TO WIN IT ALL IN 2006.

Milan could make it there in 06' in 2A. Milan should win no less than 2 gold balls from 07'-10' and could possibly run the table. A lot of talent in the pipeline for the Bulldogs.

Crockett Co. will be strong in 06' for 3A. I think they only lose around 5 seniors this year.

Catfish ....

Yeah, it's crazy. Next year that is. You hear rumors about programs being down ... but then I think about Livingston Academy. I love football.

It's been a fun season. One of my favorites in 15 years.

God is good. Being His Will, we'll have another one next year.

And to all you "fans" ... keep up the enthusiasm, albeit misguided sometimes, the kids need the support! :lol:

Programs that jump out to me are Milan and Convington. Milan has too much talent on that team. In a rebuilding year they got to the quarters. Convington is just 1 of those teams that doesnt have much of a drop off, they lose talent but they have a nest of good players in that area. Crockett Co. will contend for 7-3A once agian, you give P.A Pratt any team and they will contend at the very least.

But BEWARE OF THE WARE as coach Stowe would always say. Fayette-Ware is on the rise. Tim Thompson will not lose for long. He has a boat load of talent, but his players do not have that mentality that his Melrose players had. But he will not lose and thats all it is too it. Fayette-Ware will make a move to the front. Lexington will be down after losing the most talented group of seniors to put on the red jersey in a long long time. Watch for Liberty to sneak up and become the front runner in 6-3A, they pull a lot of talent from that northeast Jackson area,.

Edited by montague1