Gibson County @ Obion Co...

treefitty74

Wow, another meaningless game in 13 podunk AA gone by and another win by the much ballyhooed Gibson County squad. You guys are now 8-1 and off to another in a long line of fine starts that I'm sure will reap you no post season accolades, meaning you guys will make it to the boro just to be bombed out like the last time. You actually preached on this thread about bringing your A game if you want to win in a tough 13AA, well puh lease. Whats that district done on the state level recently.....let me remind you. JACK SQUAT!! Until you guys actually do something other than beat up on mediocre basketball teams in West Tn during the season, then you can come holla at me, but if not then just keep your hype to a minimum.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOOK WHO IT IS...............Mr....nobody who has nothin else better to do than to get on and look at what gibson county is up too.............why do u keep up with us so much.........why worry about if u kno were just gona go to the buro and blow it......if u think we are that bad then why waste ur time on here tellin us...........just let it happen.......if i was that confident about somethin i wouldnt waste my time, i wud let the people run there mouths and when time came i wud say what had to be said...........wut i think is you kno that deep down if this gc team plays like they can and are clickin at the right time then theyll can go a very long ways..........or else you wudnt say nething............why run your mouth?????who knows.........definately not me, i just get on kno to see how teams are doin and i gotta see where some guy who names himself after one of the worst sports ever played .........let us do what we do here in west tn and when time comes and if we get to the buro lets see what happens, if history repeats its self then fine......but if we come in and are clickin and doin everything right and we win..........i better see you on here givin congrats and all.............im betting that you will run in to your lil cubby hole up in ur mountain shack or out in ur out house since you prolly dont have runnin water up in the STICKS and hide out till andy roddick starts playin again..............

where them obion fans at?

We are still here.It'll take more than one lopsided game to get us to go away.For once I have to agree with WesCharge. :blink: The Lady Rebs have alot of work to do.One stat that really stood out to me was the three point shooting of OC.They were only 3-20 from beyond the arc.It seems they settle for the three instead of working the ball around.Jana Roney is a good post player.They need to get it to her more.If she can't score she can draw the foul and she is an excellent free throw shooter.Coach Suiter will get these problems worked out and get them back on the right course.

Alright, I got my two favorite GC people on my butt again!! Just like old times. Anyways, we really don't worry about what you all do over there, I just like telling you how small and insignificant that you guys are. Your aspirations of winning state championships are far fetched but you can't seem to learn from history. You do have a nice collection of district and region championships though, but when you beat on some good jr high caliber teams like you do then the shine off those plaques just don't shine as brightly. And yeah gcounty, we have struggled since moving over to 7AA but we have lost three games in district that we should have won. We have a young team and a new coach and playing in what is year in and year out the toughest district in the state. Of course if we were in 13 redneck AA then I would like our chances much better :blink:

Last nite was no contest. Obion has alot of work ahead of them......redbirdfan, where are you? I am not going to say " I told you so just yet!" B)

It's me , BACK by POPULAR DEMAND!! B) It's great to see all my coach T brethren harping on OC and writing them off already here in December B)

Need I remind you how long the season is.. 1st things first, GC did an outstanding job the other evening in the district win on the road at OC.. Dudley was solid with 24 points and outstanding shooting from beyond the arc. OC needs to get a hand in her face and at least make her earn her points. She is talented enough to score points anyway, but the defensive intensity from OC needs to pick up.. The Low post combo of McElrath and Coleman played well. Hurley is the key at the other guard spot and she has the makings of being a nice compliment player to Dudley.

OC struggled from outside as they will see more and more zone defenses thrown at them until they can consistently make outside shots :( GC didn't press like most tradtional Coach Russell coached teams will do but they really didn't need to.

OC has a busy week with Chester Co. , Milan and JCS on the docket. They have the talent to turn things around and that's why you play the games.

Keep you chins up ladies and keep working.. Lady Pioneers, congrats on the win,

GC will again be tough come tourney time.

Redbird, it's nice to see another fan that understand the dynamics of the game and the fact that the season doesn't end in December. B) It's the parable of the tortoise and the hare. You have your teams that get out to a fast start. Then you have your slow beginners but big finishers, so that by the end of the race they catch-up and pass....well you know the rest. B) It seems to be the same teams every year. Who knows, time will tell. Wishing everyone a happy and safe holiday season!! B)

Redbird, it's nice to see another fan that understand the dynamics of the game and the fact that the season doesn't end in December. :P It's the parable of the tortoise and the hare. You have your teams that get out to a fast start. Then you have your slow beginners but big finishers, so that by the end of the race they catch-up and pass....well you know the rest. :thumb: It seems to be the same teams every year. Who knows, time will tell. Wishing everyone a happy and safe holiday season!! :(

While it is obvious thatmost teams play better in March. It has been a tradition of Obion to peak in December. :huh: Last year it did not occur, but I am wondering if it happened with the Gleason win...Obion has a lot of work to do, and I am worried about the Gibson Co girls, they are good, and Dudley can beat anybody!

Gibson will be tough to beat. Watch out for Haywood and Northside. Milan I have not seen but here good things. Obion can still on any given night beat some good teams, but work is needed. Oh yea Birdie, Chester is on the radar, but slightly out of range. Good win tonight against a struggling Obion club. McNairy, we'll see. Hey redbirdfan, Clemens in a cardinal uniform??

While it is obvious thatmost teams play better in March. It has been a tradition of Obion to peak in December. ;) Last year it did not occur, but I am wondering if it happened with the Gleason win...Obion has a lot of work to do, and I am worried about the Gibson Co girls, they are good, and Dudley can beat anybody!

Ain't no way they can be accused of peaking early this year.