Lipscomb in 2006

howudoin

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catfish-hunter

They'll be the favorites by far to win Region 5-3A next year. Offensively they return three out of five starters to the offensive line and they return 1,900 yard rusher Matt Elrod to the backfield. Defensively they return six starters including linebackers Dale Binkley and Ben Lehning.

Their two biggest challengers in the region this year were Cheatham Co. and Creek Wood. Both of those teams lose a lot more players this year than does David Lipscomb.

They'll be the favorites by far to win Region 5-3A next year. Offensively they return three out of five starters to the offensive line and they return 1,900 yard rusher Matt Elrod to the backfield. Defensively they return six starters including linebackers Dale Binkley and Ben Lehning.

Their two biggest challengers in the region this year were Cheatham Co. and Creek Wood. Both of those teams lose a lot more players this year than does David Lipscomb.

The Catfish Hunter knows his Region 5 Football.

Guest catfish-hunter

Marshall County is expected to be the Mustangs biggest threat in the region in 2006, HOWEVER word has it that the Tigers from Lewisburg could be searching for another head football coach for the second consecutive offseason.

Marshall County is expected to be the Mustangs biggest threat in the region in 2006, HOWEVER word has it that the Tigers from Lewisburg could be searching for another head football coach for the second consecutive offseason.

Catfish Hunter, you simply amaze me! You must have a mole in every school. Email me and I can give you some info about another related topic.

I have just heard just a few minutes ago the All Region 5 Team has been announced. I haven't gotten the list yet, if you get it, please post. I doubt that I will get a full list anyway. I would like to put it up on the Region 5 3A page.

Edited by vandy1

Guest catfish-hunter

Catfish Hunter, you simply amaze me! You must have a mole in every school. Email me and I can give you some info about another related topic.

I have just heard just a few minutes ago the All Region 5 Team has been announced. I haven't gotten the list yet, if you get it, please post. I doubt that I will get a full list anyway. I would like to put it up on the Region 5 3A page.

I'm doing some classroom observations right now vandy1 and I'll e-mail you later this evening.

I haven't heard the Region 5-3A team yet so if you get it post it.

For the rumors on Coach Johnson go to the regular football forum and click on the thread titled "Coaching Vacancies". There are rumors that he may replace the departed Thomas McPhail over at Antioch. There are other rumors that he may wind up somewhere else. I'll leave that school a mystery until their long tome head coach resigns (IF HE DOES INDEED DO SO). The only hint I'll give you is that it is a 3A school located in Nashville.

Guest catfish-hunter

I'm doing some classroom observations right now vandy1 and I'll e-mail you later this evening.

I haven't heard the Region 5-3A team yet so if you get it post it.

For the rumors on Coach Johnson go to the regular football forum and click on the thread titled "Coaching Vacancies". There are rumors that he may replace the departed Thomas McPhail over at Antioch. There are other rumors that he may wind up somewhere else. I'll leave that school a mystery until their long tome head coach resigns (IF HE DOES INDEED DO SO). The only hint I'll give you is that it is a 3A school located in Nashville.

time not "tome" :thumb:

You see folks I even correct my own spelling :lol:

Guest catfish-hunter

Lipscomb's quarterback, Clay Smith (#25), was a senior and he did an outstanding job this past year replacing Burton Elrod (who is now playing at Samford I believe).

As far as who will be the Mustangs quarterback next year well I simply have no answer for that question. I'm not even sure vandy1 can answer that question at this point in time. I feel pretty confident that McCadams will put the right guy in that position to help the Mustangs get back to Murfreesboro in 2006. You don't win 250+ games without knowing how to replace key players here and there.

David Lipscomb will return 5 starters to each side of the football in 2006. Offensively they'll return three starting linemen, an all-state fullback (Elrod), and the two players who started at halfback this year will be a returning starters (Davis & Holt). Defensively the Mustangs return two of their three down linemen (Tenpenny & Hudson), two starting linebackers (Lehning & D. Binkley), and one starter in the defensive secondary (Wood).

The two positions Lipscomb will have to worry the most about replacing is the quarterback, Smith, and the middle linebacker, Braden Binkley. I am not disrespecting any of those other guys in any way shape or form because they all played well this year for DL to get to Murfreesboro BUT all of their other seniors are very replaceable.

Edited by catfish-hunter

Lipscomb's quarterback, Clay Smith (#25), was a senior and he did an outstanding job this past year replacing Burton Elrod (who is now playing at Samford I believe).

As far as who will be the Mustangs quarterback next year well I simply have no answer for that question. I'm not even sure vandy1 can answer that question at this point in time. I feel pretty confident that McCadams will put the right guy in that position to help the Mustangs get back to Murfreesboro in 2006. You don't win 250+ games without knowing how to replace key players here and there.

David Lipscomb will return 6 starters to each side of the football in 2006. Offensively they'll return three starting linemen, an all-state fullback (Elrod), and the two players who started at halfback this year will be a returning starters (Davis & Holt). Defensively the Mustangs return two of their three down linemen (Tenpenny & Hudson), two starting linebackers (Lehning & D. Binkley), and one starter in the defensive secondary (Wood).

The two positions Lipscomb will have to worry the most about replacing is the quarterback, Smith, and the middle linebacker, Braden Binkley. I am not disrespecting any of those other guys in any way shape or form because they all played well this year for DL to get to Murfreesboro BUT all of their other seniors are very replaceable.

DL never has a rebuilding year. They play a majority of seniors every year. They will come up with a qb that will do a good job for them...they always do.

David Lipscomb will return 6 starters to each side of the football in 2006. Offensively they'll return three starting linemen, an all-state fullback (Elrod), and the two players who started at halfback this year will be a returning starters (Davis & Holt). Defensively the Mustangs return two of their three down linemen (Tenpenny & Hudson), two starting linebackers (Lehning & D. Binkley), and one starter in the defensive secondary (Wood).

The Mustang Staff will probably be looking at either rising Seniors: Brad Hunt or Daniel Lyons. Others possibly in the mix will be rising Junior, Reid Hillin or Sophomore Caleb Simpson. With Lyons a baseball standout, Brad Hunt will get nearly all the reps in spring practice. He has some resemblence to former Lipscomb and Ole Miss QB, Ethan Flatt. Tall, slender and can throw the ball. For those who are wanting to know more about the 2006 Mustangs, The Mustangfanpage will soon post its first look at the team in the next week or so.