Davis to McMinn Central?

raiderfanone

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think H. Davis, the one who was most recently down in Georgia. However this is barber shop talk so I really don't know. I'm going to try and find out today at work.

Raider, I'm not sure who you heard this from but I'm sure this isn't true. There isn't a teaching slot at McMinn Central as far as everyone knows. I'm sure its just certain people in the community talking, thats all.

I think H. Davis, the one who was most recently down in Georgia. However this is barber shop talk so I really don't know. I'm going to try and find out today at work.

Raider, I'm not sure who you heard this from but I'm sure this isn't true. There isn't a teaching slot at McMinn Central as far as everyone knows. I'm sure its just certain people in the community talking, thats all.

If you can get Heath Davis, he's most qualified of the three. Bottom line is they don't know what teaching spots are going to be open, so until they do - you probably won't hear anything. I've heard Williams is going to stay on as a teacher, so that spot won't be open. If no teaching slots open up then they will have to choose between Gossett and Barnett.

If you can get Heath Davis, he's most qualified of the three. Bottom line is they don't know what teaching spots are going to be open, so until they do - you probably won't hear anything. I've heard Williams is going to stay on as a teacher, so that spot won't be open. If no teaching slots open up then they will have to choose between Gossett and Barnett.

Johnny, thanks for the props, could you email me if you get a chance. I wanted to ask you a question or two. Thanks. gridiron13@yahoo.com

There are a lot of rumors flying around about this job, but NO ONE was contacted by the school.

The fan favorite is definitely B Derrick. Everyone who knows anything about high school football in ET is likely to remember him and the Cinderella Chargers. Word is that he's been really productive on whatever side of the ball he coordinates down there in Georgia. I hear he really understands the on-field pressure.

At first H Davis was publicly giving support to Derrick. I hear that he doesn't stay in one place for too long. You might call that career advancement but it's hard to guess staying potential for somebody like that. He may change his mind soon...seriously. He was supporting another candidate just a week ago.

B Gossett is a really nice guy. He's young and inexperienced, but he works really hard. I think he played college ball with Derrick. He's not really a crowd favorite right now, but talk is cheap.

Haven't heard too much about Barnett. He's the auto teacher and the kids seem to like him. He's only been a coordinator for a few years but he seems to have done a decent job.

NC?

If you can get Heath Davis, he's most qualified of the three.

What makes him the most qualified?

I know he was a graduate assistant at UT, but did he play ball in highschool or college?

I'm only curious because you say he's the most qualified of the three, but a day before that you said Derrick was your pick. Why the sudden change?

I'm assuming you're not related to Davis {since he thanked you for the props & asked you to email him}, but it sounds like your conviction may be personal instead of professional.

The day before I said Derrick was my pick of the three. He still is my pick of the three, however if you throw Heath's name in the mix- he's my choice. As I understand, Heath has decided to pursue the job now. Since you want to know all about him, here's a link where you can read all about him and come up with your own conclusion. I will let you know that after MTSU he's been serving as defensive coordinator at Northwest Whitfield High School in Dalton, GA.

Scroll down to page 16-

http://goblueraiders.com/pdf/2003/doc950.pdf

Edited by johnnyboy