Davis to McMinn Central?

raiderfanone

The day before I said Derrick was my pick of the three. He still is my pick of the three, however if you throw Heath's name in the mix- he's my choice. As I understand, Heath has decided to pursue the job now. Since you want to know all about him, here's a link where you can read all about him and come up with your own conclusion. I will let you know that after MTSU he's been serving as defensive coordinator at Northwest Whitfield High School in Dalton, GA.

Scroll down to page 16-

http://goblueraiders.com/pdf/2003/doc950.pdf

Johnny, I'll see you around, I'm off here until the first of the year, I don't know why I even read stuff on here, lol. Anyway, raiderfan, I'm not sure who you are and you are close on some of the comments, but please keep the personal stuff off here if you don't mind. See you guys around.

Edited by gridiron13

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OldTimer- It is a big deal in McMinn County. McMinn isn't known for getting rid of many people. To transfer people you usually have to have a position open somewhere else to transfer them to. Also, it has to be in their certification area. You can't transfer Williams to elementary school if he is only certified in high school. Again, as of now there are no openings that I know of at all.

go.chargers, are you from Etowah, in your opionion who is the most qualified and why? I don't know much about any of these guys except Davis and everything I know about him is second hand information basically. Can you help us out, you seem to know all of them.

I am from Etowah and I do know all of the candidates that have been talked about here but I only know Barnett a little. Of the two that seem to have the best chances, Derrick is my first choice. He was an amazing player in high school and he did play in college. There's something to be said for knowing what it's like out there on the field. He's coached his heart out on both sides of the ball and wherever they put him that side gets stronger. You'll never meet a harder worker. He is true to his word and honest as the day is long. I think that this may be his dream job.

Davis is my second choice. He didn't actually play that much ball, but his coaching experience is a strong point. He's a great co-ordinator and other coaches say that he's great to work with. He puts alot of time and energy into his work. He is loyal and dedicated. My only drawback is the moving around so much. I don't think that he really knows what his dream job is.

Gossett and Barnett are both hard workers and good people. I would always lean towards more experience as a co-ordinator and most playing experience when looking for a head coach. On a sidenote, I hate to see a head coach who didn't play but that's a personal thing for me.

I think they're all great guys and I wish them all luck.

I am from Etowah and I do know all of the candidates that have been talked about here but I only know Barnett a little. Of the two that seem to have the best chances, Derrick is my first choice. He was an amazing player in high school and he did play in college. There's something to be said for knowing what it's like out there on the field. He's coached his heart out on both sides of the ball and wherever they put him that side gets stronger. You'll never meet a harder worker. He is true to his word and honest as the day is long. I think that this may be his dream job.

Davis is my second choice. He didn't actually play that much ball, but his coaching experience is a strong point. He's a great co-ordinator and other coaches say that he's great to work with. He puts alot of time and energy into his work. He is loyal and dedicated. My only drawback is the moving around so much. I don't think that he really knows what his dream job is.

Gossett and Barnett are both hard workers and good people. I would always lean towards more experience as a co-ordinator and most playing experience when looking for a head coach. On a sidenote, I hate to see a head coach who didn't play but that's a personal thing for me.

I think they're all great guys and I wish them all luck.

Charger, you make lots of good points. You seem to know quiet a bit about these guys, did you play at Central Also? I do agree this is probably Derrick's dream job from what I am hearing, but like I said I hear all kinds of stuff who knows, lol, I guess they just need to bring them in and interview and see who best fits the mold for Central. Your right, after checking around, Davis was more of a basketball guy when he was at Central. I also heard somewhere they have worked together in the past and are pretty good friends, what are the chances of getting them both here if one of them gets the job? Would they do that? To me that would be the best case scenerio. Didn't Derrick play QB? I would assume he is an offensive coach and I believe Davis is more of a Defensive coach, sounds like a good team to me, what do you think?

No, just a community member who's seen most of these guys play. I know their families and think highly of them. I know that Derrick played QB and DB in highschool and QB in college. I knew that Davis was at UT in college and didn't think he played ball but reading the bio I saw that he was a student assistant. Davis appears to have a strong defensive philosophy. Derrick has been an offensive and defensive co-ordinator and has done well on both but like you I would guess that offense is his strong point. I know they worked together in Georgia and they think highly of each other. I would think that they'd work together again if they had the chance.

No, just a community member who's seen most of these guys play. I know their families and think highly of them. I know that Derrick played QB and DB in highschool and QB in college. I knew that Davis was at UT in college and didn't think he played ball but reading the bio I saw that he was a student assistant. Davis appears to have a strong defensive philosophy. Derrick has been an offensive and defensive co-ordinator and has done well on both but like you I would guess that offense is his strong point. I know they worked together in Georgia and they think highly of each other. I would think that they'd work together again if they had the chance.

Who knows what is going to happen. I didn't hear anything at the basketball game last night, as a matter of fact didn't even see the principle there. I just want to know when interviews are going to start or when Slayton is going to do an article on the applicants so we can find some stuff out.