12AAA FRESHMAN TEAMS

r_oneal27

Antioch looks like the team to beat this year they just beat mapelwood and cantrell played for the first half. Antioch beat them and they where missing there 2 top inside players but i must say it will come down to these teams again. Terrance Davis and Zellburg Gleaves where the top players for Antioch and Justin was really good for mapelwood

where are the posts for antiock and will we ever see them. and just remeber cantrell didn't play the second half and he dominated the first half. :rolleyes:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friends, the talent level will return next year, especially at Maplewood. Jere Baxter feeds into the high school. These guys are really good with two post players, who are already dunking. A point guard ahead of his time and rich with skills. They are undefeated and shouldn't lose. Also, JFK will be sending Antioch some really good players.

Don't be surprised. Hillsboro basketball has dropped off the map. Ensworth has three strong freshmen. They play varisty and freshman also when the schedule permits. Miles whatever his last name is and Jefferson were two of the top five middle school players in town last year. Every high school coach in town better be watching out for their feeder schools with Ensworth around. Bowers will field a winner. He learned from Carlton Flatt.

Don't be surprised. Hillsboro basketball has dropped off the map. Ensworth has three strong freshmen. They play varisty and freshman also when the schedule permits. Miles whatever his last name is and Jefferson were two of the top five middle school players in town last year. Every high school coach in town better be watching out for their feeder schools with Ensworth around. Bowers will field a winner. He learned from Carlton Flatt.

I see why the Hillsboro coach left...............On a side note. Bigchief how do u think your 2000 Fr Team(19-1) would've fared against 1999 Fr team at HL(George and Hassan) IMO two of the best FR teams in the past 10 yrs.

I see why Hillsboro coach left last yr.......Also Bigchief how do you think your 2000 FR team would've done against 1999 HL FR team(w/George and Hassan)??

While we are on the subject. Does a good FR team translate into a good Varsity team?? What is the best FR team you can think of in the last 10 yrs and did it translate to a good varsity? HL w/ George and Hassan in 1999 gets my vote. Hassan transferred his jr yr/ who knows what could've been. McGavock 2000, one loss had some success at the varsity level keeping most of that FR team in tact. Honorable mention, MLK(team w/ Johnny Lee that group graduated last yr)2001-02 i think. This yr's sr class had some good FR teams, Stratford(winrow and wooten(no longer playing bball), McG(crenshaw), WC(lee twins, wil peters), HL(crutcher, jones, scales, donaldson). I guess its safe to say the one w/ the most still playing have decent teams this yr.

So can Antioch take it all. They did beat Maplewood. Now Justin Snelling is playing some varsity.............And oh yeah I here Jere Baxter has a good squad will they make it to HS??

i think they can win it all they beat mapelwood without any of there big men playing so i think they can win it all. it really all comes down to if mapelwood lets cantrell play in the tournament then who knows that kids heart is amazing and he has game to along with it.