how bout them cosby eagles

cosbyeagle40

if you would read the whole message you could figure out that i was not talking to austin warren. i know who you are. austin ramsey. everybody was saying cosby got cocke countys best players. austin warren is not. that is crazy that coaches at cocke county dont know how to use the better players. first of all cocke county never had blakely to not know how to use him. dexter played on the freshman team and left. everybody is suppose to get playing time on the freshman team. it is suppose to get you ready for the next three years. when markie played he wasnt the best player cocke county had. cocke county had alot of talent that year. jerome, dexter carr , seth jones, jonathon styles, ryan lindsey. that is just ridiculous that coaches dont know how to use talent.

If you would read the whole message i put excluding Timmy. Dexter left after his freshman year because he didnt get any playing time, and he went to Cosby and is a star, and dont try to say because he is playin in 1A. And you also must realize whoever this is that this is the high school level everybody isnt suppose to get playing time, you are in high school thats when the best play the game. Coaches should go with the talent and lineups that will win them ball games and obviously Cocke County doesnt know much about that the past decade. Also I didnt say that Markie was the best player Cocke County has but he should have started, in high school Ryan Lindsey couldnt carry Markies ball shoes. Ryan shouldnt even be mentioned playing as a star because he didnt get good untl he got out of high school. This is high school everybody dont pay 30 dollars and required to play 1 quater. You need to get your facts straight again. GO EAGLES!!!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Class A week of Jan 16th.

Record Pts Prv

1. Cosby (7) 16-1 119 1

2. Culleoka (2) 17-1 99 2

3. Grace Baptist Acad. (3) 15-2 98 6

4. Temple (1) 12-2 97 3

5. Clay County (1) 17-2 93 4

6. Summertown 15-3 52 5

7. Adamsville 13-2 47 7

8. Middleton 14-4 28 9

9. Pickett Co. 16-4 24

10. Wayne Co. 16-4 14

That's two, count it, two weeks in a row. Doesn't matter who did or didnt vote.

playing 1a basketball is closer to elementary basketball. playing 3A basketball is closer to college basketball. in college ball sometimes if you are a freshman or sophmore you dont get any playing time. you have to wait till your a junior or senior unless your really good. at cosby all you have to do is shoot. if you can shoot you are a star at cosby. every once in a while cosby will get an all around good player(blakely).

cocke county would not be losing if they had the players that was suppose to go cocke county. for example, about 3 or 4 years ago when cocke county went to the 2nd round of the region touranment. they had everybody they should had. seth jones ryan lindsey jerome carmichael, brett kickliter, jonathon styles, (the year before markie left) they had beaten doybns bennett and had tennessee high beat but they scored 3 points in the 3rd quarter. if the players that went to cosby had just been patient and stayed at cocke county they would be winning. i think going to the second round in the region in AAA is more than getting beat in the 1st round of the state tournament in A.

cocke county would be better if they had the players (that are scared of actually playing against players that are actually better than them) go to cosby.

at cosby all you have to do is shoot.

If I was an Eagles fan, I would be scared to death of that.

Rockwood laid out the perfect blueprint to beat Cosby last March. And it worked as Cosby shot something like 8-percent from three.

They did it again in December, and this time Cosby was on from three.

If Cosby has an off night from three against a team of decent competition (ie: Rockwood, Oliver Springs, Wartburg - sorry I dont see anyone in District 1 or 2 capable of playing with Cosby - with the exception of Unaka, at Unaka, good night, or bad) they are in serious trouble. Live by the three, die by the three. You likely saw what happened to Tennessee Saturday night, and unfortunately, that can happen to Cosby as well.

No one's even mentioning it, but that Region tourney will be a big killer for Cosby too. Its a 3 hour one-way drive to Oneida (in a car) from Cosby.

If the brackets were settled today and no district tournaments were held, Cosby would draw Oneida in the first round and would likely have the 8:30 game.

With that, Cosby's season comes down to two games - the first two regional rounds. And I dont like the effect a 6 hour per night bus ride can have.

playing 1a basketball is closer to elementary basketball. playing 3A basketball is closer to college basketball. in college ball sometimes if you are a freshman or sophmore you dont get any playing time. you have to wait till your a junior or senior unless your really good. at cosby all you have to do is shoot. if you can shoot you are a star at cosby. every once in a while cosby will get an all around good player(blakely).

cocke county would not be losing if they had the players that was suppose to go cocke county. for example, about 3 or 4 years ago when cocke county went to the 2nd round of the region touranment. they had everybody they should had. seth jones ryan lindsey jerome carmichael, brett kickliter, jonathon styles, (the year before markie left) they had beaten doybns bennett and had tennessee high beat but they scored 3 points in the 3rd quarter. if the players that went to cosby had just been patient and stayed at cocke county they would be winning. i think going to the second round in the region in AAA is more than getting beat in the 1st round of the state tournament in A.

cocke county would be better if they had the players (that are scared of actually playing against players that are actually better than them) go to cosby.

Just because you are playing AAA basketball doesnt mean you are playing on a higher level than A. Classification is based on the number of students in the school, not how good you are. Any AAA team could be worse than a A team, especially if the AAA team has no one interested in playing for their crappy program anymore. Scouts look for winning programs, no matter what classification. They look for the teams that are being promoted, ie AP Polls, no matter who does or doesnt vote.

As far as Cosby players being afraid of playing against teams that are better than them. They have beaten pretty badly two AAA teams and a AA team, that your precious cocks couldnt beat. Plus went out of town and played some tough competition over Christmans break, while your precious cocks were at home eating left over turkey.

Just because you are playing AAA basketball doesnt mean you are playing on a higher level than A. Classification is based on the number of students in the school, not how good you are. Any AAA team could be worse than a A team, especially if the AAA team has no one interested in playing for their crappy program anymore. Scouts look for winning programs, no matter what classification. They look for the teams that are being promoted, ie AP Polls, no matter who does or doesnt vote.

As far as Cosby players being afraid of playing against teams that are better than them. They have beaten pretty badly two AAA teams and a AA team, that your precious cocks couldnt beat. Plus went out of town and played some tough competition over Christmans break, while your precious cocks were at home eating left over turkey.

Ask anybody what classification is the best in any sport. Ask a coach what classification is more competitive and which one they would rather coach. All these answers are AAA. DUH!!

Ask anybody what classification is the best in any sport. Ask a coach what classification is more competitive and which one they would rather coach. All these answers are AAA. DUH!!

As a general rule that is true, but just because you are a AAA school doesn't mean that the competition is always better in AAA. Just from mere statistics of AAA schools having more athletics to choose from, should make them a stronger team than A schools, but once again not always.

As for A teams not as competitive, A teams playing A teams are just as competiitive as AA or AAA. All teams want to win and there are good teams and bad teams in all classifications. A good A team playing antoher good A team is just as competitive as AA or AAA.

As for coaching, I think that most coaches want to win reguardless of the size of the school. I would rather coach a superior A team as a poor/average AA or AAA team.

So all answers are not AAA!!! DUH

As a general rule that is true, but just because you are a AAA school doesn't mean that the competition is always better in AAA. Just from mere statistics of AAA schools having more athletics to choose from, should make them a stronger team than A schools, but once again not always.

As for A teams not as competitive, A teams playing A teams are just as competiitive as AA or AAA. All teams want to win and there are good teams and bad teams in all classifications. A good A team playing antoher good A team is just as competitive as AA or AAA.

As for coaching, I think that most coaches want to win reguardless of the size of the school. I would rather coach a superior A team as a poor/average AA or AAA team.

So all answers are not AAA!!! DUH

SO....if the classes of the schools don't make a difference thats like saying Cosby could compete with the "other" #1's in the state huh? Cosby would not be in the top 20 in AAA!! Have some common sense get out and watch some other basketball other than in east Tn. Cosby should finish with 1 loss until they reach the state because as far as everyone else in the state is concerned there is no basketball played on this side of the state. An east Tn. team winning in the BORO is an anomally. Sure its "good" basketball for around here but come on. Also if that is true that the comp is the same in AAA then don't brag about being a single A team beating a AAA team.

Edited by VoiceOfReason

SO....if the classes of the schools don't make a difference thats like saying Cosby could compete with the "other" #1's in the state huh? Cosby would not be in the top 20 in AAA!! Have some common sense get out and watch some other basketball other than in east Tn. Cosby should finish with 1 loss until they reach the state because as far as everyone else in the state is concerned there is no basketball played on this side of the state. An east Tn. team winning in the BORO is an anomally. Sure its "good" basketball for around here but come on. Also if that is true that the comp is the same in AAA then don't brag about being a single A team beating a AAA team.

I want to know where your from and who youre for. all you do with your "voiceofreason " is get on here and trash teams that you wish your team was half as good as. Cosby is undefeated in AAA play this year and would probably win the IMAC. Quit being a jealous whiner and go pull for your crappy AAA school that cosby has probably beat this year.

I want to know where your from and who youre for. all you do with your "voiceofreason " is get on here and trash teams that you wish your team was half as good as. Cosby is undefeated in AAA play this year and would probably win the IMAC. Quit being a jealous whiner and go pull for your crappy AAA school that cosby has probably beat this year.

I doubt Cosby would win the IMAC this year if they were in it.

Greeneville is too strong, and West would be a challenge.

Of course, the IMAC is as down as it has been in years, and may likely get swept right out of the Regional Tournament so who knows.