Region 5-1A in 2006!

bigtuck4242

The 2 QB system only works if both QBs are totally different, and makes teams have to change there defensive game plans over and over. Maybe one can pass very accurately, and the other likes to run, kinda like having Vince Young and Jay Cutler splitting time. Other then that it doesnt work. When we played Cascade last year, we didnt have to change anything, we knew one guy threw more then the other one, and one liked to run, but there wasnt a BIG change. Really we didnt notice when they switched.

Here is my early picks:(subject to change)

1. Eagleville

2. Forrest

3. Cascade

4. Mcewen

5. White House Heritage

6. Nashville Christian

7. Clarksville Academy

I left Jo Byrns out because of my bias opinion.

Alot of these are just guesses, so dont take it personally.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 2 QB system only works if both QBs are totally different, and makes teams have to change there defensive game plans over and over. Maybe one can pass very accurately, and the other likes to run, kinda like having Vince Young and Jay Cutler splitting time. Other then that it doesnt work. When we played Cascade last year, we didnt have to change anything, we knew one guy threw more then the other one, and one liked to run, but there wasnt a BIG change. Really we didnt notice when they switched.

Here is my early picks:(subject to change)

1. Eagleville

2. Forrest

3. Cascade

4. Mcewen

5. White House Heritage

6. Nashville Christian

7. Clarksville Academy

I left Jo Byrns out because of my bias opinion.

Alot of these are just guesses, so dont take it personally.

Yeah I would like to see some more predictions. Here are mine.

1. Eagleville - a lot of athletes and a lot of speed. Their defense could be awsome.

2. Jo Byrns - their defense should be awsome with Tuck and Moody returning.

3. Forrest - a lot of young players got playing time last year. A good returning QB and a very good RB in Johnson.

4. Cascade- should have a good offensive line and defense. Their question mark is skilled position people, they do have experience at QB.

5. White House Heritage - Good size in the line, should be much improved. Could challenge for a playoff spot.

6. McEwen - I don't have much info on them, who knows they might once again make the playoffs. They surprised me last year, they do play hard.

7. Nashville Christian

8. Clarksville Academy

Yes, I am bias toward Eagleville so that might have a influence on me picking them #1. It should be a great season. I see much more balance in the region this year. It should be a dog fight for the playoffs between the top 6 teams in the region.

Edited by goforthegoal

Yeah I would like to see some more predictions. Here are mine.

1. Eagleville - a lot of athletes and a lot of speed. Their defense could be awsome.

2. Jo Byrns - their defense should be awsome with Tuck and Moody returning.

3. Forrest - a lot of young players got playing time last year. A good returning QB and a very good RB in Johnson.

4. Cascade- should have a good offensive line and defense. Their question mark is skilled position people, they do have experience at QB.

5. White House Heritage - Good size in the line, should be much improved. Could challenge for a playoff spot.

6. McEwen - I don't have much info on them, who knows they might once again make the playoffs. They surprised me last year, they do play hard.

7. Nashville Christian

8. Clarksville Academy

Yes, I am bias toward Eagleville so that might have a influence on me picking them #1. It should be a great season. I see much more balance in the region this year. It should be a dog fight for the playoffs between the top 6 teams in the region.

this is very good and some good explinations to why you chose certain teams to take certain spots. the only changes i would make to it is Jo Byrns #1 but i do agree that Eagleville is very good and could easily be in the #1 instead of Jo Byrns. Cascade in forrest's position(don't know why just a feeling) and WHH and Forrest dueling it out for the fourth seed, however these teams are bringing back so much it is nearly impossible to tell who will be in these spots. hey look at jo byrns they had two 3-7 years in a row(excluding the forfeit by CPA 2 years ago which made them 4-6) and then they came back and had a 13-1 year (this is for the fans of Clarksville Academy) this should be a very interesting season. these are only my opinions but one thing is fact this region is going to be much better this year and is arguably the strongest region in the state. when it goes right down to it i could care less who wins the region if we could only send on of these great teams to Murphesboro!!!!! STATE CHAMPS

Edited by Brilliant Player Version 4.266

1 Eagleville - too much talent, and have now learned to play football

2 Jo Byrns - won't fall far, maybe not at all

3 Cascade - big, strong, and better this year

4 WH Heritage - big, strong, and will push for 1st ever playoff spot

5 Forrest - still young, but could challenge for the last playoff spot

6 McEwen - surprise team at end of last year, could do it again

7 Nashville Christian - with a couple more players could be right up there

8 Clarksville Acad - not there yet, but will certainly be better

I like the predictions keep them coming. Just thought i would add in the results to the Robertson Co. Weight Lifting competition. I think Jo Byrns came in 3rd and White House Heritage came in last out of 5 teams. East Robertson won followed by Greenbrier. For Jo Byrns Glen Adkins, Blake Copeland, and Tramont Moody all won their weight divisions, with Tramont having the overall highest lifts out of anybody. I didnt compete due to baseball but my total weight was as high as the winner of my weight class so i wish i could have went and maybe helped JBS finish higher.

Goforthegoal: You are right about one thing, our defense should be really really godo this year. Last year our offense was great, and this year it should be our defense. We have 8 starters returning, and only one starting lineman leaving. We did however have a guy transfer to Davidson Academy who was a progected starter at Tackle being as big as Tramont. I cant stand DA taking alot our players, this is like the 5th player since i have been in high school.

Just heard this through the grapevine that Clarksville Academy will have about 48-50 out for football this spring. Of those 9 are transfers from other schools, 4 OL-DL averaging around 275 lbs, a WR-CB with 4.38 speed, 2 LB's strong with speed and a kicker that has kicked FG's from 48 yards consistently and a RB-SS that can flat out run you over. Not saying they will win the region but they should be improved on a 1-8 record of last year.

Just heard this through the grapevine that Clarksville Academy will have about 48-50 out for football this spring. Of those 9 are transfers from other schools, 4 OL-DL averaging around 275 lbs, a WR-CB with 4.38 speed, 2 LB's strong with speed and a kicker that has kicked FG's from 48 yards consistently and a RB-SS that can flat out run you over. Not saying they will win the region but they should be improved on a 1-8 record of last year.

reddevil1 might not believe it but it is understandable. you must understand that CA is the only private school in Clarksville so they will obviously be drawing a lot of talent. the best thing they have going for them is a former SEC college coach. if i was a parent i would defenintly want my child attending a private school and being coached by a former Vanderbilt coach. i think that parents would pull their kids out of other schools in order for them to recieve such quality coaching. reddevilfever's grapevine might sound a little far fetched but anything is possible with a superb coaching staff and a quality education from a private school. if i am incorrect in any of my information don't hesitate to reply. relieve me of my ignorance.

REGION 5-1A as a region cant compete with region 6. Yes there are some good teams but from top to bottom Region 6 is the best in the state in 1A. Jo Byrns is the best in your region and I cant wait to see the quarterfinal rematch against them next year at our house.

I hate to disagree with you 87 but I think 5 and 6 may have swapped places this year. We as a Region lost too many seniors. Of course they have the opportunity to prove me wrong. I do think 6 will be competitive but not overpowering like last year.