Region 5-1A in 2006!

bigtuck4242

Taking nothing away from the players who made ALL-State and region but how many of them made it when the Eagles had a losing record. The 7-4 mark and publicity helped. Those things only help in the selection. Would Reggie Bush have the Heisman if he played for Vandy?

Give me a break....and you are taking things away from the players b/c when you say that then you are implying that the only reason that they got all-state and region teams was b/c of the record we had. Maybe we got that record b/c of what players we had. And I am sure Reggie Bush would of gotten it still b/c the Vandy record wouldnt be what it was b/c they would of had Reggie Bush.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give me a break....and you are taking things away from the players b/c when you say that then you are implying that the only reason that they got all-state and region teams was b/c of the record we had. Maybe we got that record b/c of what players we had. And I am sure Reggie Bush would of gotten it still b/c the Vandy record wouldnt be what it was b/c they would of had Reggie Bush.

[/quo

I am not taking anything away from the players. It' a big honor to be All-State, I know I got it twice. Playing on a Region Chamionship team helped me as well. The players did help the record casue. Eagelville has some athletes. Good luck this year.

Cascade has as much talent as anybody. Soemtimes it doesn't all click together, but oneday soon it's going to happen for them. Good luck to the Champs. Yall have a very good man in Coach Parker.

Does Cascade have more winning records and playoffs births than Eagleville? :thumb: Not taking anything away from the palyers, but I didn't see any domination when Eaglevile played Lynchburg and Collinwood. The best player I did see was the quarterback who had a rifle for an arm. I will give them credit the had some athletes.

I was responding to a Cascade player who was very disrespectfull to an Eagleville player by calling him fat, slow and no good, when in fact that player played very well at Cascade. During the regular season we were 7-3 and Cascade was 4-6, I was just making the point that with that record you have no right to trash talk. This was our 3rd year in varsity football and yes we have improved steadilly every year. For whatever reason we did not show up for the Moore Co. game and played very bad, Moore Co. did play well. That was the turn around game for our season, after that we won five straight and averaged about 30 pts a ball game. We won two big away games, at Cascade and Forrest. If you read the 5a threads alot you will find out that Cascade players are constantly trash talking. Also in the last three years of playing Cascade their is always trash talking from their players and fans. Also I believe every time we play them their has been an unsportman like conduct penalty called against their coaching staff. So I guess that is my excuse for the negative response. Cascade has a tendacy to rub you the wrong way. But even with all of that I wish them the best of luck except when they play Eagleville and maybe Forrest. GO EAGLES

Also I believe every time we play them their has been an unsportman like conduct penalty called against their coaching staff.

This statement is incorrect. The Cascade coaching staff has had one unsportsmanlike conduct penalty called against them in the past 4 years, and it was against Columbia Academy in 2004 over a blown call on an on-side kick. Even the referee admitted that it was a blown call, but he would not reverse the decision made by one of the other officials.

Also in the last three years of playing Cascade their is always trash talking from their players and fans

I can assure you that Eagleville has been treated no worse at Cascade in 2004 and 2005 than Cascade was at Eagleville in 2003. If my memory serves me correctly, the Cascade team took plenty of abuse that night from the Eagleville players and fans. To a certain extent that just part of playing on the road. However, the trash talking by players has gotten out-of-hand at times, ON BOTH SIDES.

I was responding to a Cascade player who was very disrespectfull to an Eagleville player by calling him fat, slow and no good, when in fact that player played very well at Cascade.

The comments reportedly made by a Cascade player about the Eagleville player are inexcusible and does not represent Cascade, the Cascade football team or the Bell Buckle-Wartrace-Normandy-Deason communities. They should never have been made, and I am sure the person that made them wishes he had not. I can assure you that Cascade has the utmost respect for the Eagleville program, and Mr. Lillard (I apologize in advance if I have misspelled the young man's name). Eagleville had an exceptional team last year and everyone associated should be proud of the accomplishments by these young men. You are correct that Eagleville did have a big win against Cascade last year at Cascade and they should be proud of that win. It came in a hard-fought and closely contested game in which Eagleville made a couple of big plays in the 4th quarter to secure the win. That is what good teams do. Teams that go 4-6 don't.

However, like I said earlier, the trash-talking between both sides is getting way out-of-hand. To the Cascade players, SHUT_UP. You have none nothing since the 2004 season to warrant talking about anything. If you feel disrespected, great. Prove something on the field next year and you will not have to feel disrespected. It is way past time that we (Cascade) quit talking about how great we could, or should, be and start earning respect on the gridiron with our play. It is hard for someone to talk trash to you after you have soundly and completely beat them on the field. Until we start doing that, you are not going to get any respect. And, until we learn to keep quiet and only do our talking with our play, people in other communities are going to feel exactly like goforthegoal.

To the Eagleville players and fans that have contributed to the trash-talking, just remember that the 2005 season is now history. You, like us (Cascade), have accomplished absolutely zero so far in 2006.

I hope both teams have a great 2006 season and that our game at Eagleville is for the top spot in the region. But there are other really talented teams in the region this year and the competition this year will be better than ever. I really believe that Region 5-1A may be one of the strongest regions in the state this year.

Finally, just because I dislike people hiding behind screen names on forums such as this to make critical statements, my name is Brent Richardson and I have been the DB coach at Cascade for the past 3 years, and associated with the football program for over 10 years. I have two sons that played at Cascade. My wife has taught at Cascade for over 25 years. I have as much, if not more, invested in the Cascade program as anyone. And, I despise the image that has been created on this forum about our community, school and football program.

Edited by brichard

This statement is incorrect. The Cascade coaching staff has had one unsportsmanlike conduct penalty called against them in the past 4 years, and it was against Columbia Academy in 2004 over a blown call on an on-side kick. Even the referee admitted that it was a blown call, but he would not reverse the decision made by one of the other officials.

I can assure you that Eagleville has been treated no worse at Cascade in 2004 and 2005 than Cascade was at Eagleville in 2003. If my memory serves me correctly, the Cascade team took plenty of abuse that night from the Eagleville players and fans. To a certain extent that just part of playing on the road. However, the trash talking by players has gotten out-of-hand at times, ON BOTH SIDES.

The comments reportedly made by a Cascade player about the Eagleville player are inexcusible and does not represent Cascade, the Cascade football team or the Bell Buckle-Wartrace-Normandy-Deason communities. They should never have been made, and I am sure the person that made them wishes he had not. I can assure you that Cascade has the utmost respect for the Eagleville program, and Mr. Lillard (I apologize in advance if I have misspelled the young man's name). Eagleville had an exceptional team last year and everyone associated should be proud of the accomplishments by these young men. You are correct that Eagleville did have a big win against Cascade last year at Cascade and they should be proud of that win. It came in a hard-fought and closely contested game in which Eagleville made a couple of big plays in the 4th quarter to secure the win. That is what good teams do. Teams that go 4-6 don't.

However, like I said earlier, the trash-talking between both sides is getting way out-of-hand. To the Cascade players, SHUT_UP. You have none nothing since the 2004 season to warrant talking about anything. If you feel disrespected, great. Prove something on the field next year and you will not have to feel disrespected. It is way past time that we (Cascade) quit talking about how great we could, or should, be and start earning respect on the gridiron with our play. It is hard for someone to talk trash to you after you have soundly and completely beat them on the field. Until we start doing that, you are not going to get any respect. And, until we learn to keep quiet and only do our talking with our play, people in other communities are going to feel exactly like goforthegoal.

To the Eagleville players and fans that have contributed to the trash-talking, just remember that the 2005 season is now history. You, like us (Cascade), have accomplished absolutely zero so far in 2006.

I hope both teams have a great 2006 season and that our game at Eagleville is for the top spot in the region. But there are other really talented teams in the region this year and the competition this year will be better than ever. I really believe that Region 5-1A may be one of the strongest regions in the state this year.

Finally, just because I dislike people hiding behind screen names on forums such as this to make critical statements, my name is Brent Richardson and I have been the DB coach at Cascade for the past 3 years, and associated with the football program for over 10 years. I have two sons that played at Cascade. My wife has taught at Cascade for over 25 years. I have as much, if not more, invested in the Cascade program as anyone. And, I despise the image that has been created on this forum about our community, school and football program.

Good Post. I agree whole heartily. My name is Tim Fisher just an Eagleville fan and the father of Aaron Fisher a four year starter for Eagleville. I have not missed a game in four years and very supportive of the Eagleville program.There has never been any trash talking from any Eagleville players because non of them post on this site except youngtower who only responded to a negative thread. Good luck in the future, it should be a great season for Region 5. And I agree it should be one of the stronger regions this year. We look forward to Cascade coming to our place this fall and I expect it will be a great game. It has turn into a good rival and I encourage both sides to have good sportmanship and to keep it respectfull. GO EAGLES

Good Post. I agree whole heartily. My name is Tim Fisher just an Eagleville fan and the father of Aaron Fisher a four year starter for Eagleville. I have not missed a game in four years and very supportive of the Eagleville program.There has never been any trash talking from any Eagleville players because non of them post on this site except youngtower who only responded to a negative thread. Good luck in the future, it should be a great season for Region 5. And I agree it should be one of the stronger regions this year. We look forward to Cascade coming to our place this fall and I expect it will be a great game. It has turn into a good rival and I encourage both sides to have good sportmanship and to keep it respectfull. GO EAGLES

First my post wasn't negative or meant to be, I can not help if someone doesn't know how to take what I am saying. Trash talking? No part of my post were that or intended to be. I was taking up for a friend. Better look at your threads before you bash mine.

I dont want in the trash talking bit, I live in Warren Co. my son plays at Cascade. I think they should have a much improved team this year, and I agree looks like a very tough region, maybe the toughest in 1A. Good luck to Cascade and all the kids playing high school football no matter what region. Is Cascade going with Bain or Adcock at QB this year?? Or do they know yet.

:thumb:

REGION 5-1A as a region cant compete with region 6. Yes there are some good teams but from top to bottom Region 6 is the best in the state in 1A. Jo Byrns is the best in your region and I cant wait to see the quarterfinal rematch against them next year at our house.

I dont want in the trash talking bit, I live in Warren Co. my son plays at Cascade. I think they should have a much improved team this year, and I agree looks like a very tough region, maybe the toughest in 1A. Good luck to Cascade and all the kids playing high school football no matter what region. Is Cascade going with Bain or Adcock at QB this year?? Or do they know yet.

:thumb:

May do like they did last yr. Pluses on both kids. It was an adjustment period after losing Gallagher.

May do like they did last yr. Pluses on both kids. It was an adjustment period after losing Gallagher.

I agree bout adjustment after losing Gallagher, But I think you have to pick one QB and go with him. Switching back and forth is not good for the Oh confidence.

I agree bout adjustment after losing Gallagher, But I think you have to pick one QB and go with him. Switching back and forth is not good for the Oh confidence.

Coach Parker is a very good coach. It may have had to do with their youth. He may go with one in 06, but it is good to have 2 good qbs.

Gallagher had been the qb for a long time and was a very good 1A qb. It took awhile. Thought they were playing better at the end.

Coach Parker is a very good coach. It may have had to do with their youth. He may go with one in 06, but it is good to have 2 good qbs.

Gallagher had been the qb for a long time and was a very good 1A qb. It took awhile. Thought they were playing better at the end.

I agree you need two good qb in case one gets hurt. Their young boys and take things to heart, I dont know much abaout the Adcock boy, but Bain has played QB all his life, Maybe it will work out using two but its my opinion to stick with one. Look at UT last year. :thumb: