Region 5-1A in 2006!

bigtuck4242

Region 5-1A has alot of teams returning alot of players, so who are u guys favorites? I think Jo Byrns dominated this region last year, and return 7 starters on defense and 6 on offense. The key loss being QB/SS Clay Head. I know that about half of Forrest's team was freshman last year, so u know they have a bright future ahead. Mcewen and Eagleville(the other 2 playoff teams) both lost some starters, but also return alot of starters. Cascade loses alot of line but returns alot of key starters also. White House-Heritage also returns alot. So i say all this to again ask who do u guys think will win the region, and who do u think will make the playoffs.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Region 5-1A has alot of teams returning alot of players, so who are u guys favorites? I think Jo Byrns dominated this region last year, and return 7 starters on defense and 6 on offense. The key loss being QB/SS Clay Head. I know that about half of Forrest's team was freshman last year, so u know they have a bright future ahead. Mcewen and Eagleville(the other 2 playoff teams) both lost some starters, but also return alot of starters. Cascade loses alot of line but returns alot of key starters also. White House-Heritage also returns alot. So i say all this to again ask who do u guys think will win the region, and who do u think will make the playoffs.

i think eagleville will be pretty tough next year i think but who knows i might be 2 early 2 undefined

Cascade only lost one lineman this year and are returning four starters from last years line so cascade should be a better team next year overall!!!

Eagleville will do well next year, they will have to replace some skill position people and some lineman. Jo Jo Vestal returns at linebacker along with Jeremy Moore both were all region this year. Most of the def. returns. A very good runningback who had to set out a year will be returning. JT Rucker along with the Maston kid and the running game should be in good order. The Eagles should definitely be playoff bound. Coach Scharsh and is staff are doing a great job at Eagleville.

Mark my words: Jo Byrns WILL be in the playoffs! Now i'm not gonna be so bold to say they will win the region, but i will say that we definately have a really good shot. Big loss in Clay Head, but he isnt everything Jo Byrns had last year. He didnt beat East and Mt. Pleasant by himself.

well the way i see it , jo byrns will have a awesome defense next year, with many key player's returning there, so if thay can put some point's on the board thay are going to be hard to beat again. because defense can and will win game's for you . just ask mt, pleasant and yes thay are loseing a good qb but have a good prospect that will have to step up and the full back tail back both will be back couple reciever's one i no can catch the ball no,2 yeah thay will be tough so watch out region 5 we will be back :lol:

jo byrns will have some talanted guys back next year and should be reigon favorites in the preseason polls. teams talk about rebuilding years but all you guys have to do is reload work hard in the weight room keep focused and remember how it felt to lose that last one. that should be enough to motivate you in the off season in itself you guys have the talent use it be strict on each other push each individual hold each other accountable in your off season workouts and sucess will come your way once again. be prepared to extend your abilities to be another one of the best teams in red devil football whats up reddevill44

jo byrns will have some talanted guys back next year and should be reigon favorites in the preseason polls. teams talk about rebuilding years but all you guys have to do is reload work hard in the weight room keep focused and remember how it felt to lose that last one. that should be enough to motivate you in the off season in itself you guys have the talent use it be strict on each other push each individual hold each other accountable in your off season workouts and sucess will come your way once again. be prepared to extend your abilities to be another one of the best teams in red devil football whats up reddevill44

You know the story RDM. Glad to see you on CoachT. Can't wait til August 2006.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

JoBryns, Forrest and Eagleville should fight it out for the top spot with Cascade or White House Heritage getting the last playoff spot. I hear Big pancake Lilliard at Eagleville is squating 540 lbs not bad for a sophomore. Eagleville is definitely getting bigger , stronger and quicker. A lot of all region players returning for Eagleville. Keep up the hard work. I believe Eagleville will be in Chapel Hill in a couple of week for a weight lifting competion, they should do real well.

• 2 weeks later...

JoBryns, Forrest and Eagleville should fight it out for the top spot with Cascade or White House Heritage getting the last playoff spot. I hear Big pancake Lilliard at Eagleville is squating 540 lbs not bad for a sophomore. Eagleville is definitely getting bigger , stronger and quicker. A lot of all region players returning for Eagleville. Keep up the hard work. I believe Eagleville will be in Chapel Hill in a couple of week for a weight lifting competion, they should do real well.

big pancake lilliard is nuthin but fat