Sycamore this week

bobthebuilder23

Sycamore will beat Creekwood and Stewart with ease, but Goodpasture will be a different story. Goodpasture is very good, and now they will have the benefit of getting their football players back into the fold as well. They have a great post man in Zach Frey and a pretty good guard in C.J. Davis. I think if Sycamore can contain these two guys, then they have a pretty good chance of winning. It will be a big test for Big John and Bullard. I think Goodpasture will be Sycamore's biggest test of the season so far.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look for Moulton to have a big game. After being faceguarded by harpeth and held to only 8. I suspect he will be coming out firing. Big Jon Kinman had a great game against Harpeth complimented witha dunk by the big guy, if he keeps this play up, Sycamore goes down low more and wins the rebounding battle.

Sycamore beats both Creekwood and stewart by substantial margins but squeaks by Goodpasture by less than 5. :blink:

I cant believe I forgot about CJ Davis. He can shoot the ball very well, but I think Sycamore's pressure defense can make him uncomfortable. Frey will be tough to stop but Sycamore has plenty of bodies to throw at him with Bullard, John, and Chad. The key, I think is to get Frey into foul trouble, if they do that then they can just concentrate on Davis. I still have Sycamore winning, but it will be the closest game so far this year.

I dont know about beating goodpasture by 15 but i do think we will win these next three games....and hopefully sycamore will keep the streak alive. Sycamore has already proved that they r a good team all they need to do is ball like they know how. the sycamorons should have a good turn out at these games to give their team a home court advantage, even away games.

ahhh the return of the great el rey. long time no post. Look forward to the game and big jon throwin down a couple more. Sycamore sweeps out this week finishing strong at home against a talented goodpasture team.

By the way does anyone happen to have big jon's stats from the harpeth game?

He had around 16 points and a nice lay up at the end or was that a dunk? :thumb:

They only beat East Robertson and Kenwood by 13. I will say that they were never really challenged in the East Robertson game as they built up a huge lead early and despite playing sluggish down the stretch they cruised along rather easily. The Kenwood game they overcame a flat start and as you all say some poor officiating and went on to win.

Creek Wood: The Red Hawks have given Sycamore some fits the past two years but this is not the same Creek Wood team. This Creek Wood team doesn' have Derra or Darden on the floor and I expect Sycamore to win rather handily on Tuesday night. Creek Wood got hammered by Harpeth earlier this year in a game where Harpeth did not play all that well in all honesty. PREDICTION: Sycamore by 20+ (73-53 is a guess).

Stewart County: As I stated in the preseason the Rebels are the suprise team in the district. Led by Region MVP candidate Jake West (averaging 25ppg on the season) the Rebels are 6-2 and rolling after last night's big win over Waverly. Friday night Sycamore should be rocking for more reasons other than the fact that it will officially be Christmas Vacation. This is Stewart County's chance to prove that they belong with the big boys in the district and I think that coming off big wins the past two Friday nights vs Cheatham and Harpeth that Sycamore is as much on an emotional high as they've been for a long time. PREDICTION: War Eagles by 8 (69-61 sounds about right).

Goodpasture: The Cougars are currently 5-1 overall, their first loss of the season was last night vs Ezell-Harding, and they have Lighthouse Christian on Tuesday. Led by their twin towers inside Frey and Buchannan, who are 6'8 & 6'5 respectively, the Cougars will be a difficult matchup for Sycamore inside. I've stated all along that this will be the War Eagles toughest challenge of the regular season and next Saturday that will show as Sycamore will be playing their second game in as many days in this one. PREDICTION: War Eagles by 2 (57-55 in a game that I predict to have a tournament type of intensity to it).

I agree with catfish on this one i would absolutely love to see Stewart County to win this one, but i just don't know if they have what it takes to knock off Sycamore this early in the season

Guest catfish-hunter

First off, catfish-hunter doesn't know what he is talking about. I would not take advice from someone who is 5' 2'' and 100lbs soaking wet. Secondly, I would watch out for Harpeth and Cheatham... there is only one direction to go when you hit bottom. With that having been said, Big John is the next birdman.

5'2???? Don't you think you're stretching it just a tad :blink: