halls vs oak ridge

hhsheftylefty10

Oak Ridge lost the two games before football season was over and the roster was filled with freshman who are no longer on the team. The team that lost those games does not exist in that form anymore. I am not counting out Halls or any other team in the future, I am just pointing out that the Oak Ridge team that will play on Monday was not the team that lost to Sullivan South and William Blount.

Your right. In fact OR smeared South in a summer game when both teams had their football players, so those 2 losses don't mean anything, not does the close game with Campbell County. Depth is a problem with OR right now, but that problem will disappear once they get Stephens (last years starting point guard freshman) back in Jan. and Gregory (a 6'5 soph post transfer) here next week.

Edited by Anthony17

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey this is a big game two teams that are starting off hot in east tennessee.....oak ridge has 2 losses but to worthy opponents....should be a great game....halls has to rebound big though

Halls won 63-57. Oak Ridge got into early foul trouble, and with only 8 players, exposed their bench. Revel Coffey had 4 dunks though, if that's any consolation for the Wildcat fans.

The OT game Saturday in Oak Ridge against Clinton should have fouled some OR players out. This was a poorly called game.

This district 3-AAA looks to be a very tight race once again. last year's trailers Central and CC are also in this race this year.

devils pull out the shocker 63 57 thanks to all of you who new the demons could do it....and no thanks to all you powell oak ridge and clinton fans who picked halls to be 4th in district....ull be glad to know that domsic is a ball hog....and thanks to his genius efforts dowdell is the most underused player in high school basketball....maybe due to domsic's 50 shots a game?....if they would use dowdell more they might be able to get a win sometime....ref's were terrible both ways as you could expect in high school....they called 5 fouls in a row in the 4th through a 30 second span....and to that fat woman who was dancing when rev threw down 4 dunks ( which were beautiful props to him) might need to do something else....good win devels...game friday...come watch these boys play...chemistry is unreal....student section....best in the district...holla

The OT game Saturday in Oak Ridge against Clinton should have fouled some OR players out. This was a poorly called game.

This district 3-AAA looks to be a very tight race once again. last year's trailers Central and CC are also in this race this year.

Oh come on now. How many times do Clinton fans have to blame the refs? In any case, once Oak Ridge get all their players back, it will not even be close.

Edited by Anthony17

devils pull out the shocker 63 57 thanks to all of you who new the demons could do it....and no thanks to all you powell oak ridge and clinton fans who picked halls to be 4th in district....ull be glad to know that domsic is a ball hog....and thanks to his genius efforts dowdell is the most underused player in high school basketball....maybe due to domsic's 50 shots a game?....if they would use dowdell more they might be able to get a win sometime....ref's were terrible both ways as you could expect in high school....they called 5 fouls in a row in the 4th through a 30 second span....and to that fat woman who was dancing when rev threw down 4 dunks ( which were beautiful props to him) might need to do something else....good win devels...game friday...come watch these boys play...chemistry is unreal....student section....best in the district...holla

It was strange that the fans were yelling "ball hog" on Domsic. Until Stephans comes back, he's their best ball handler so in fact he needs to be the one hogging the ball. Dowdell got in foul trouble and got limited. He needs to cut down on his offensive fouls. That will come with experience as the Sophomore grows to be the top player in East Tenn in the next year or so.

Edited by Anthony17

It was strange that the fans were yelling "ball hog" on Domsic. Until Stephans comes back, he's their best ball handler so in fact he needs to be the one hogging the ball. Dowdell got in foul trouble and got limited. He needs to cut down on his offensive fouls. That will come with experience as the Sophomore grows to be the top player in East Tenn in the next year or so.

Congrats to Halls!

Congrats to halls, even though their so called fans on this board should show a little class when they win. Still don't understand why you need to trash other teams. Just look at the score. This was just one game with many more to follow. All it proves is that this district will be very tight and there is no way to know at this point who will move on to the region tourney. Also, a lot of good those 4 dunks did Oak Ridge. Dunk for two points counts the same as a 15 to 18 footer. Maybe they should change the rules to have a dunk only count for 1 point since a 20 footer counts 3. Oh for the days of John Wooden. I almost forgot, most if not all of the kids on here wouldn't even know who that is.

Wow! Congrats to the Devils. I am amazed at how welll their post player plays against bigger players. He is a very good High School Basketball Player. I still feel that Halls lack of depth will hurt them late in the season. If they can avoid getting beat by the lower level teams in the district who knows. But in my opinion when its all said and done I think they will end up # 4. But right now they are # 1 and will stay there until someone knocks them off there pearch.

I am a big fan of Sharp and consider him the premier Pt. G. in E. Tn. But after seeing the Central game it is obvious he has some offensive issues he will have to address if he is going to play on the D I level which I think he can.

BigCatt, I know you know your basketball, but I think you are wrong on this assessement. I have watched Halston Lane, Lee Humphrey, Dedrick Dye and even Brent Jolly over the course of several years and I do not think Cameron Sharp can play D1 basketball. Dye was hands down better then Sharp and could do everything and he went to Wagner. Cameron is a D2 player at best. Heck, he could sit the bench and cheer on some D1s, but I dont ever see him exceling.

Congrats to halls, even though their so called fans on this board should show a little class when they win. Still don't understand why you need to trash other teams. Just look at the score. This was just one game with many more to follow. All it proves is that this district will be very tight and there is no way to know at this point who will move on to the region tourney. Also, a lot of good those 4 dunks did Oak Ridge. Dunk for two points counts the same as a 15 to 18 footer. Maybe they should change the rules to have a dunk only count for 1 point since a 20 footer counts 3. Oh for the days of John Wooden. I almost forgot, most if not all of the kids on here wouldn't even know who that is.

if you are referring to me as not showing class....i dont think i was trashing oak ridge....i clearly gave credit to their team while stating the obvious that domsic needs to pass the ball....im not calling him a ball hog for having the ball all the time....its the number of shots he takes....especially when you are playing an undersized team, the thing to do would be work the inside....my mother knows that....if dowdell would have gotten the ball they would have won that game...plain and simple....domsic i hope you read this cuz if u dont wake up ur not gonna go to region