Livingston Academy

willie beaman

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catfish-hunter

He's just mad b/c LA handled Lipscomb so easily and it made his Cubbies look even weaker.

Are you as retarded as you seem buddy??????

I just said LA deserved the respect for winning a state title. HOWEVER, it is like the last poster said STOP CALLING ATTENTION TO YOURSELVES.

2006 is now and 2005 is an afterthought. In a region that includes Fulton, Austin-East, and Anderson Co. (all of whom really underachieved last year) as well as what's going to again be a very loaded Knoxville Catholic bunch I'd expect LA o go from a team that won it all to being a team that won't even qualify for the playoffs. You'd better hope that I am wrong too buddy because if I am not then you won't have to worry about calling attention to yourselves. I will do it for you.

You won a state championship and are complaining about it. WHY??????

Are you as retarded as you seem buddy??????

I just said LA deserved the respect for winning a state title. HOWEVER, it is like the last poster said STOP CALLING ATTENTION TO YOURSELVES.

2006 is now and 2005 is an afterthought. In a region that includes Fulton, Austin-East, and Anderson Co. (all of whom really underachieved last year) as well as what's going to again be a very loaded Knoxville Catholic bunch I'd expect LA o go from a team that won it all to being a team that won't even qualify for the playoffs. You'd better hope that I am wrong too buddy because if I am not then you won't have to worry about calling attention to yourselves. I will do it for you.

You won a state championship and are complaining about it. WHY??????

Leave LA alone. We are a small town where the biggest thing that has happened is still the game. I don't see how you can say that Austin-east and Fulton, Cathloic had a underachieved season all of the made the playoffs. Even beating LA in the regular season. LA may not have the best season next year but heck look at this year we went 5-5 and WON THE STATE. I would put money on us makeing the playoffs again in the comming season.

I'd expect LA o go from a team that won it all to being a team that won't even qualify for the playoffs. You'd better hope that I am wrong too buddy because if I am not then you won't have to worry about calling attention to yourselves. I will do it for you.

It's just a high school kid bragging on his team. Ease up on him Catfish don't take it to heart.

You might be right LA probably won't make the play-offs but what else is new. Same thing as last year they got no respect and look what happened. I might have to tug on my shirt as well b/c I never thought they could make the play-offs last year let alone win the state championship.

We all know that you will let us know. After all you are the football guru of hs. But really it's just your opinion like everyone else on here. I myself don't consider your post as the gospel like you think it is. If not mistaken you said Lipscomb would destroy us defensively and LA had never played against a defense as good as Lipscomb's. Well how wrong you were. LA played the best teams in the state on their way to the BORO. And Lipscomb found that out real quick.

Guest catfish-hunter

It's just a high school kid bragging on his team. Ease up on him Catfish don't take it to heart.

You might be right LA probably won't make the play-offs but what else is new. Same thing as last year they got no respect and look what happened. I might have to tug on my shirt as well b/c I never thought they could make the play-offs last year let alone win the state championship.

We all know that you will let us know. After all you are the football guru of hs. But really it's just your opinion like everyone else on here. I myself don't consider your post as the gospel like you think it is. If not mistaken you said Lipscomb would destroy us defensively and LA had never played against a defense as good as Lipscomb's. Well how wrong you were. LA played the best teams in the state on their way to the BORO. And Lipscomb found that out real quick.

I was wrong yes, HOWEVER I did not go around starting thread about the Lipscomb defense saying "how about some respect".

That's just stupid. You may as well put a bullseye on your chest.

AE and Fulton did underachieve. Fulton was the preseason pick to three-peat and all they did was finish as a lower seed and barely qualify for the playoffs. After starting out strong AE stumbled down the stretch to a 6-4 regular season. Those two teams are wanting to go to the 'Boro every year my friend and when they fall short of doing that the year is seen as a disappointment.

I was wrong yes, HOWEVER I did not go around starting thread about the Lipscomb defense saying "how about some respect".

AE and Fulton did underachieve. Fulton was the preseason pick to three-peat and all they did was finish as a lower seed and barely qualify for the playoffs. After starting out strong AE stumbled down the stretch to a 6-4 regular season. Those two teams are wanting to go to the 'Boro every year my friend and when they fall short of doing that the year is seen as a disappointment.

I totally agree with you about bringing attention to yourself. But like I was saying you have to consider the source. I bet it's just a fan and it better not be a player b/c it won't take much of anything for all teams on LA's schedule to want to drill them. And making remarks about respect is not very bright.

As for AE and Fulton yes I'm sure they are disappointed about their season. B/c like you said they expect to be there every year. And rightly so they usually have the best athletes year in and out. It was a blessing that LA played in region 2 last year. B/c like I said they played the best teams in 3A before they made it to the Boro. However LA might not be as fortunate to even make the play-offs this year. But if they can find them a QB then I think they can once again hold their own with those teams. Catholic IMO will be the team to beat in region 2 this year.

Come on up to Overton Co.some people would like to meet you crapfish.

Come on up to Overton Co.some people would like to meet you crapfish.

I am sick and tired of reading how folks from Livingston Academy think they are getting disrespected. You folks thought that because you didn't have a certain amount of players named to the TSWA & TFCA All-State teams that it was because people did not respect LA.

NEWSFLASH: the reason you were a #4 seed is because you went 5-5 during the regular season.

You were a #4 seed heading into the playoffs because ending the regular season at 5-5 means that you were nothing more than average at best. The TSSAA did not disrespect you by making you travel as a #4 seed. You earned that due to what your overall body of work was over the course of the first ten weeks of the regular season.

Now as far as the playoffs go I'll say that Livingston Academy was as good as anyone in the state during the run to an eventual Class 3A State Championship. Wilson Cates was an excellent football player both from his quarterback position as well as his defensive back spot. LA "upset" Carter (9-2) in the opening round of the playoffs in the #4 vs #1 matchup. In the second round LA beat the first of two teams that had beaten them during the regular season when they "upset" Austin East (7-5). The next week LA traveled to play Knoxville Catholic, who had won the region during the regular season and the week before this game Catholic (11-2) beat the team who gave them their lone loss of the regular season (Fulton). Livingston got it done again by "upsetting" one of the top 3A teams in the state. In the semifinals LA "upset" unbeaten Notre Dame (13-1) and earned the right to go to Murfreesboro and play for a state championship. In the title game LA "upset" David Lipscomb (13-2) by running all over what was one of the better defenses in the state this past year.

As far as I know there has been nobody who's gotten on here and said "Livingston was lucky" or anything else to disrespect the accomplishments of LA. Luck is not having to beat five teams with an overall record of 53-12 during a one month period of time. HOWEVER, not even the folks from Alcoa have thrown their state title in the faces of everyone on here as much as some of you LA people have. You won the state title in Class 3A for 2005. That's terrific! HOWEVER, it is now officially 2006 and last time I checked last year has no bearing on what will happen in '06.

Go cry disrespect somewhere else folks :thumb:

Catfish,

Last time i checked on this stuff you carried the title of State Champion for the rest of your life right? I also do believe that you are the DEFENDING STATE CHAMPS the YEAR AFTER you win it aren't you? And condersinderin that we did WIN IT IN 2005 that means we DEFEND IN 2006 right? So therefore we have BRAGGING RIGHTS till SOMEONE new wins it in DEC. whiether thats next year or three years from now WE ARE THE STATE CHAMPIONS TILL SOMEONE NEW CARRIES THAT TITTLE OFF THE FIELD DEC. 2ND 2006! if livingston dont repeat! which i agree it will be tough to do and very un likely but look at this year it wasnt suppose to happy this year we wasnt suppose to make the playoffs! so anything can happen! but im goin to be BRAGGIN ON THESE GUYS TILL I DIE! and im goin to let everyone know they are champions till theres a new one crowned!

*Wildcat*

Defending State Champions for 2006!

Guest catfish-hunter

Catfish,

Last time i checked on this stuff you carried the title of State Champion for the rest of your life right? I also do believe that you are the DEFENDING STATE CHAMPS the YEAR AFTER you win it aren't you? And condersinderin that we did WIN IT IN 2005 that means we DEFEND IN 2006 right? So therefore we have BRAGGING RIGHTS till SOMEONE new wins it in DEC. whiether thats next year or three years from now WE ARE THE STATE CHAMPIONS TILL SOMEONE NEW CARRIES THAT TITTLE OFF THE FIELD DEC. 2ND 2006! if livingston dont repeat! which i agree it will be tough to do and very un likely but look at this year it wasnt suppose to happy this year we wasnt suppose to make the playoffs! so anything can happen! but im goin to be BRAGGIN ON THESE GUYS TILL I DIE! and im goin to let everyone know they are champions till theres a new one crowned!

*Wildcat*

Defending State Champions for 2006!

:D:D