Tony Dungy's big decision

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree about the chemistry thing....they def need to keep the O sharp!However if they are up by a respectable amount, pull the guys out and not chance anything. You may have to drag Manning out tho......

Did anyone see where Fisher basically called Manning classless for snapping the ball and catching too many guys on the field when they played? What a baby.........teach your guys to HUSTLE on and off the field>>>

UA Sports

NFL NOTEBOOK

Browns' Edwards done for season

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Tucson, Arizona | Published: 12.06.2005

advertisement

BEREA, Ohio - Just as Braylon Edwards was showing signs of becoming a special first-round pick for the Cleveland Browns, he became another broken one.

Edwards will miss the rest of the season with a torn knee ligament, yet another setback for one of Cleveland's top picks.

The No. 3 overall selection in the 2005 draft, Edwards tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee while trying to make a leaping catch in the fourth quarter of Sunday's 20-14 loss to the Jaguars.

Edwards' knee buckled awkwardly to the inside after he landed stiff-legged on the incompletion.

"I knew right away," Edwards said after hobbling into the Browns' locker room Monday on crutches. "To be honest, I hoped for the best. I prayed right away. But I knew as soon as I landed it was bad. I heard it buckle. I heard it crumble."

Titans coach calls Colts play 'absurd'

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Tennessee coach Jeff Fisher thinks the undefeated Colts might want to spend a little time on their football etiquette.

Fisher was not happy about the way Peyton Manning and the Colts concluded the first half of their 35-3 victory over the Titans on Sunday. With 24 seconds left, Manning knelt down, then handed the ball to an official and started toward the locker room.

Then Manning and the Colts reversed field, seemingly hoping for one last play. That set off confusion on a field filled with players and coaches, and Fisher said Monday that he thought it was "absurd" and "ridiculous."

"That should fall under the category of unsportsmanlike conduct. Nothing positive to gain from that situation other than push and shove and those kind of things on the field, and I don't understand it." Fisher said.

The Colts led 14-3 at the time. Fisher said it appeared as if the Colts were trying to catch the Titans (3-9) for a penalty with what he called "75 guys, 10 trainers and four doctors on the field rather than 12. A lot of benefit from that. …

"You asked me my opinion. I thought it was ridiculous. To me, it should fall under some category."

You always take your one shot in life. This is the shot. The team has to play together each weekend to stay sharp. You don't want to go into the playoffs and lose and have the thought in the back of your mind that you didn't let them play. Just go and let the world live with it. You will always know you gave it your best shot. If the game is in hand, then pull starters and let them rest but not whole games. You lose the rhythm doing it like that.

Great Post!!

They need to go out and play every game just as they have the first 13!!!!