Tony Dungy's big decision

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dare_2_dream

With an undefeated record on the line that is making NFL history, and the possibility of winning the Super Bowl.......what will Dungy do?

To play or not to play?

Do you go for the record and play your starters, or do you keep them healthy for the playoffs?

go for history! not too many chances to go undefeated. if they get beat, then save the starters for the playoffs.

With an undefeated record on the line that is making NFL history, and the possibility of winning the Super Bowl.......what will Dungy do?

To play or not to play?

Do you go for the record and play your starters, or do you keep them healthy for the playoffs?

He has a big problem on his hand....First if he doesn't play them and they lose a game people is going to hate him and want him fired...then say Peyton gets hurt then people are going to hate him and say that he shouldn't have played them...But he could bench them and still win or play them and noone get hurt...what to do what to do....

You always take your one shot in life. This is the shot. The team has to play together each weekend to stay sharp. You don't want to go into the playoffs and lose and have the thought in the back of your mind that you didn't let them play. Just go and let the world live with it. You will always know you gave it your best shot. If the game is in hand, then pull starters and let them rest but not whole games. You lose the rhythm doing it like that.

You always take your one shot in life. This is the shot. The team has to play together each weekend to stay sharp. You don't want to go into the playoffs and lose and have the thought in the back of your mind that you didn't let them play. Just go and let the world live with it. You will always know you gave it your best shot. If the game is in hand, then pull starters and let them rest but not whole games. You lose the rhythm doing it like that.

That pretty much sums my thoughts up 100%.

Plus, if any of them need rest then it's James, and they do have adaquete backups to give him a little rest. But, James swears he doesn't feel worn down.

I agree about the chemistry thing....they def need to keep the O sharp!However if they are up by a respectable amount, pull the guys out and not chance anything. You may have to drag Manning out tho......

Did anyone see where Fisher basically called Manning classless for snapping the ball and catching too many guys on the field when they played? What a baby.........teach your guys to HUSTLE on and off the field>>>

Edited by 2priceless

Here is my 4 point process for the Colts the next three weeks

1. Start your regular starters all 3 games

2. Jump out and get an early lead

3. Give Edgerin James the ball a little less each week to save his legs.

4. Once you get a comfortable lead put the subs in Jim Sorgi needs some work at QB as well as others.

This will allow the Colts to go 16-0, rest starters that need a little breather, and let the back-ups gain valuable experience.

Here is my 4 point process for the Colts the next three weeks

1. Start your regular starters all 3 games

2. Jump out and get an early lead

3. Give Edgerin James the ball a little less each week to save his legs.

4. Once you get a comfortable lead put the subs in Jim Sorgi needs some work at QB as well as others.

This will allow the Colts to go 16-0, rest starters that need a little breather, and let the back-ups gain valuable experience.

I LIKE......I LIKE.........give Tony a call. :thumb: