halls in for a better than 4th finish in district 3aaa?

hhsheftylefty10

This district is wide open. OR and Powell still have to come to the Dragon Den. Halls has shown they can beat the previous number one team. OR, Clinton, Powell, Halls in any order could win the district and move to the region. Then you have West, Central, CC, Karns all good teams who could get better and start beating some of the other four. Anybody's district this year. But OR has the talent I would say. Can they keep in school, discipline, and can Norris get them to do what he says ? Who knows there ?

This district is wide open. OR and Powell still have to come to the Dragon Den. Halls has shown they can beat the previous number one team. OR, Clinton, Powell, Halls in any order could win the district and move to the region. Then you have West, Central, CC, Karns all good teams who could get better and start beating some of the other four. Anybody's district this year. But OR has the talent I would say. Can they keep in school, discipline, and can Norris get them to do what he says ? Who knows there ?

one thing im really confused about is why people are still picking OR as first in the district....i think it will be clinton personally...i know OR is getting stephens or w/e back at point and he is legitimate but gregory isnt nething special....dowdell will improve with experience but it wont matter b/c domsic has an ego problem or a confidence problem with dowdell....younkin has to hit open 3's like we know he can but if they played like they did against halls....they might finish 3rd or 4th....

one thing im really confused about is why people are still picking OR as first in the district....i think it will be clinton personally...i know OR is getting stephens or w/e back at point and he is legitimate but gregory isnt nething special....dowdell will improve with experience but it wont matter b/c domsic has an ego problem or a confidence problem with dowdell....younkin has to hit open 3's like we know he can but if they played like they did against halls....they might finish 3rd or 4th....

You make some very good points. All though I was unable to attend Halls must have played well vs. O.R. and at this point in time are in sole pocession of 1 st. place.

When I consider my predictions I am considering talent level in the starting 5, Bench strength, and coaching.

I consider O.R. and Powell the most talented teams in their starting 5. Halls has the best player in the district but over all Powell and O.R. starting 5 is a bit better. Clinton is very close as well.

Bench strength O.R. and Clinton then Powell and Halls.

Coaching O.R., Powell, Clinton, Halls.

Now keep in mind this is all subjective and up to this point Halls has been able to do it on the floor and that is what really matters. They still have to go to Powell, O.R., and Clinton I think they will lose all 3. They have Clinton and Powell at home as well I think they wil lose 1. The will most likely lose a game or two to the bottm feeders Karns, Central, and C.C. Plus West on the road. If every team could only play 5 and Halls was guaranteed no injuries I would pick them #1. But its a logf season and the chance of them avoiding injuries is not great. So I pick them 4 maybe 3 if they can beat Clinton at home because of their lack of bench strength.

You make some very good points. All though I was unable to attend Halls must have played well vs. O.R. and at this point in time are in sole pocession of 1 st. place.

When I consider my predictions I am considering talent level in the starting 5, Bench strength, and coaching.

I consider O.R. and Powell the most talented teams in their starting 5. Halls has the best player in the district but over all Powell and O.R. starting 5 is a bit better. Clinton is very close as well.

Bench strength O.R. and Clinton then Powell and Halls.

Coaching O.R., Powell, Clinton, Halls.

Now keep in mind this is all subjective and up to this point Halls has been able to do it on the floor and that is what really matters. They still have to go to Powell, O.R., and Clinton I think they will lose all 3. They have Clinton and Powell at home as well I think they wil lose 1. The will most likely lose a game or two to the bottm feeders Karns, Central, and C.C. Plus West on the road. If every team could only play 5 and Halls was guaranteed no injuries I would pick them #1. But its a logf season and the chance of them avoiding injuries is not great. So I pick them 4 maybe 3 if they can beat Clinton at home because of their lack of bench strength.

i guess you go to oak ridge, but i dont see how you can say halls will lose all of its big road games....we've beaten powell 2 out of the last 3 years and played close with clinton given they had 2 guys that were 6'9 or 10 which is a luxury in high school....this is a different team than in recent history...these guys think alike and i think we will get the best of powell and maybe clinton, but the wildcats are always gonna be a tough road game whether dowdell gets the ball or not....and yea ur right about injuries, losing a started would most likely ruin our season....i pick us 2 or 3 given no injuries

Halls played Clinton close last year yes, took it to the wire at Clinton and Clinton won in OT at Halls. But Clinton didnt have 2 6'9 players last year, that was 2 years ago and 2 years ago Halls didnt play Clinton remotely close. The score in the first game of the district tournament after Halls had just upset Powell was 97-34 or something like that.

Halls played Clinton close last year yes, took it to the wire at Clinton and Clinton won in OT at Halls. But Clinton didnt have 2 6'9 players last year, that was 2 years ago and 2 years ago Halls didnt play Clinton remotely close. The score in the first game of the district tournament after Halls had just upset Powell was 97-34 or something like that.

ok last year we played very close....this year i think everyone would agree we have a better team...i know the district is full of good teams this year, but i dont think you can really place a team a 4th when they have beaten the "best" and are undefeated for the first half...no one else can say that....given we dont lose neone we will not finish 4th

I saw the Halls/Oak Ridge game and if it hadn't been for Varner's rebounding all the missed 3 pointers, Oak Ridge would have won. I also talked to some other interested spectators at the game who basically weren't surprised that Halls won simply because it's no big secret that Oak Ridge can be beat.

Although they did beat Clinton by only 1 point, Clinton will be ready by the end of the season simply because their coach knows how to strengthen his WHOLE team by substituting frequently and appropriately. The keyword there is substituting which means using his talent on the bench and not just relying on 3 players like Powell does, or 1 player, like Halls does. Dixon and Dye are smart ballplayers and they do a great job making the rest of their team look good, not just themselves. That's pretty impressive if you ask me.

I don't know if Clinton will take number one in the district, but based on how they've played in years past, I'm pretty sure we might just see them in at least, the sub-state.

I still think Halls will go as Cameron Sharp goes. Varner has had two career games and they won, one without much help of Sharp. I still think Halls will wear down at the end because they have no dept. Three games in one week with players playing 30 plus minutes will hurt....especially at tourney time.

Oak Ridge should still win the district and Powell will count on Lee Smith down the stretch. If Smith doesnt put Powell on his back, I personally think Powell will see an early exit.

hhslefty, if you've read many of his posts at all, you would know bigcatt does not go to Oak Ridge, he's a Central fan. Just because he hasn't declared Halls district champs yet doesn't make him bias. Maybe, just maybe, he's sticking to his preseason predictions because not a single team in the district has really proven anything yet. None of the top 4 teams in the district have lost at home yet. Untill that happens, no one has proven anything.