Panic in Lady Trojan Land....

Little Joe

While attending games since Holloway's injury, I have noticed some panic and confusion in both players and fans regarding their play. Granted, the injury bug has hit the team hard this year but two messages I want to deliver in this forum...

One to the girls, have faith in yourself and your coach. You played this summer without Holloway for the most part and did great...get back to basics & trust in each other..otherwise, this season has the possibility of getting away from you...

Second to the fans, trust the coach cause after all, it is his program. Now, I am not the biggest Coffman fan at times but he's running the same plays he has always ran with or without Holloway and Strayhorn...been doing that since he arrived there so the girls should know the plays but he can't be accountable for execution cause the kids do that and that is what the problem is now.. Besides, did they not do the same thing during their AAU runs, with Holloway in foul trouble most of the time from what I heard, and had great success?? Bet he was a great coach then....

Times like these test everyone from fans, coaches to players..let's support one another cause in this district and region, only as a family will we succeed....My guess is they'll do much better once they regain their focus so let's only provide positive feedback till they do...help the situation don't hinder it.....

It is an outstanding post. "With success comes expectations." Coffman is an outstanding coach and his girls will be ready come tournament time. I just think that the Holloway loss will put Dyersburg behind the 8 ball come tournament time. I look for them to be in the 4-5 game with Obion Co, and a really good team will be exiting the tournament early. If they make it over that hurdle, then anything can happen, as 13AA will send 4 quality teams to the region, and 14AA will have 2 good teams in Haywood and Jax Northside, so it will be an outstanding region tournament! Good luck to Dyersburg, I look forward to the trip down there Friday, and will be anxious to see who the goto player is going to be.

Is there a timetable on the return for Holloway? Will she be able to play AAU next summer?

we think coffman is a great coach and a great person! You don't know how lucky you are. Look around! You could do a WHOLE lot worse. Dyersburg girls are a great group and they'll bounce back with or without their "Injured" players". Good luck the rest of the season. Hope to see you play sometime soon.

SORRY...but it's worth saying twice anyway.

You can be a great coach, but somewhere you must have talent in key spots. Strayhorn needs to come back for Dyersburg to be sucessful. I don't think this team misses Holoway, as much as they miss Strayhorn. Dyersburg has size. They need ball handling and a leader.

Don't get me wrong both are great players, But Strayhorn is needed most because of the position she plays.

You can be a great coach, but somewhere you must have talent in key spots. Strayhorn needs to come back for Dyersburg to be sucessful. I don't think this team misses Holoway, as much as they miss Strayhorn. Dyersburg has size. They need ball handling and a leader.

Don't get me wrong both are great players, But Strayhorn is needed most because of the position she plays.

Strayhorn can get this team back on the right track and right now they need someone to step up and be a leader. Lets just hope she can get back to 100% quick. If not there is still the talent at all positions to get bak on the right road.

Who is their starting point guard with Strayhorn being out? Isn't it a short, blonde? She looks like she knows whats going on. What's exactly the problem with their players? Coffman said in jxn sun that he's looking for 5 players that play hard the entire game. Are those girls not giving 100%? They're in a really tough district.

Who is their starting point guard with Strayhorn being out? Isn't it a short, blonde? She looks like she knows whats going on. What's exactly the problem with their players? Coffman said in jxn sun that he's looking for 5 players that play hard the entire game. Are those girls not giving 100%? They're in a really tough district.

Strange how the grumbling starts when things appear to be going south.

Everyone should remember that players win games, no matter how good the coaching is. Not one coach has ever scored a basket or stopped the other team. Coffman is a good coach, he'll have them ready for the tournament. And in basketball, the tournament is really all that matters.