Oak Ridge Girls break USA Today Top 10 in South Region Poll.

Ole Dad

Defense Wins is one of those OR bashers because his team never wins. He doesn't know squat about BB or tradition. Just makes noise.

Ole Dad

well said os91, but I'm sure that won't shut up all the nay sayers. Just jealous, I guess. One point you failed to mention. NO ONE and I mean no one works harder than Coach Prudden, her staff and her players to achieve the level of success that they have achieved over the years.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ole daddy....I wouldnt be bashing anyone on here about how much they know...you have already been incorrect with one of your posts stating that OR is a private school....before you go and say that people dont know anything about basketball then you need to get your own info straight. And how do you know who defense wins' team is?...Congratulations to OR...you girls are a great team this year with a great Coach!!

You just did.

Well... true. You're right in the sense I would be 'knocking them' off the #3 spot on my list if I were to make one. But it's one thing to just mention that you feel a school shouldn't perhaps be #3 and another thing to go on a thread meant to congratulate them for making national rankings (something I would think everyone in the state would be glad about just 'cause it's in TN) and say stuff like 'They'll never make it out of the region.' and 'they're not that good'.

But I in no means was trying to degrade Heritage in that statement. Sorry if it seemed that way. I mean, really, there should be a thread on here congratulating them. #3 in the South-- wow! That's impressive. They're a very good team.

I would like to add that whoever stated that Oak Ridge wouldn't get out of the Region does not know alot about Basketball. I think that Oak Ridge will not only get out of the Region but will be playing in Murfreesboro in March. I still think that it will be Heritage and Oak Ridge. I know that Cait is down but this team is still winning alot of ball games without her. Oak Ridge has the KeKe Stewart inside and noone can stop her one on one. I really gets to me how people get on here and say how they shut KeKe down. Guarding her with three players usually will cause a player not to score as much. Watch out for Kortni Jones and Raegan Thompson, Prudden has these two youngs kids believing and giving KeKe the help she needs will make this team a state contender.

As for Raegan Thompson coming to Oak Ridge, how can you blame this kid for wanting to play for a coach like Jill Prudden. Don't get on here and bash someone for making a smart move. Probably just jealous that your kid is not good enough to play for Oak Ridge.

Defense Wins is one of those OR bashers because his team never wins. He doesn't know squat about BB or tradition. Just makes noise.

Ole Dad

You are incorrect Old Dad! I do know BB and that is the reason that I made my initial statement. My point was that they are not a top 10 team in the South. I'm not even sure if they are a top 10 team in the State. Time will tell if they are at that level but with young players it will be difficult. Stuart is a very good player but can she carry this team into March?

Edited by defense wins

Congratulations from a Mt. Juliet fan. I'm always thrilled to see TN teams recognized in the Top 10. We ended up #9 in the country last year and that was fun. I'll be the first to admit, it's almost impossible to rank high school teams nationwide. It's incredibly subjective. But regardless, enjoy it! The Oak Ridge girls are to be congratulated for this recognition. Best of luck for the rest of the season!