RBS Christmas Tourney

scmc24

Anyone who thought RBS had home court advantage should have been at this one!!! Every call went against RBS and they still came out with a big win! With a decent called game, RBS is 20+ points better than Lafayette!!! Congrats to RBS for keeping their composure and taking care od business!!!!

At one point in the 3rd quarter RBS had 4 players with 4 fouls and Lafayette with 1 player with 3 and RBS still won!! This is a credit to the players of RBS!!!!! Keep Playing girls and let everyone underestimate you!!! If RBS will play there game, they can play with anyone, YES anyone in singleA!!!!

Edited by gotmilk?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who thought RBS had home court advantage should have been at this one!!! Every call went against RBS and they still came out with a big win! With a decent called game, RBS is 20+ points better than Lafayette!!! Congrats to RBS for keeping their composure and taking care od business!!!!

At one point in the 3rd quarter RBS had 4 players with 4 fouls and Lafayette with 1 player with 3 and RBS still won!! This is a credit to the players of RBS!!!!! Keep Playing girls and let everyone underestimate you!!! If RBS will play there game, they can play with anyone, YES anyone in singleA!!!!

20 points???? keep on smoking buddy. What was macons shooting percentage tonight? I'm not sure but it was pretty bad. Two games in and R.B.S. has won by a total of 3. One off game for macon and suddenly they are 20 point underdogs to R.B.S.??? Too bad R.B.S. is not participating in the Nera White tourney. I'd like to see them beat macon by 20. And congrats to Holly Compton for the good game.

20 points???? keep on smoking buddy. What was macons shooting percentage tonight? I'm not sure but it was pretty bad. Two games in and R.B.S. has won by a total of 3. One off game for macon and suddenly they are 20 point underdogs to R.B.S.??? Too bad R.B.S. is not participating in the Nera White tourney. I'd like to see them beat macon by 20. And congrats to Holly Compton for the good game.

keep on smokin laf dont be mad because a single A school beat a double A RBS has 300 kids in school LAF has 1000. And can't stop a 8th grader. keep up the the great work RBS.

gotmilk must have watched a different game than i did because in the first half macon couldn't hit water if they fell out a boat, thats how bad they shot the ball. and it wasn't rbs's defense it was just poor shooting. rbs should have blown them out of the gym while macon was playing poorly. as far as the foul situation went, of course rbs fans are gonna be upset....they were getting fouls called on rbs, and that never happens in thier own gym. granted, the refs missed a few calls but that happenned to both teams so it evened out. and i would like to agree with the comment about letting a A team beat a AAA team, its a sad day when rbs beats macon in anything considering the size difference.

reguardless though, rbs hung in there and had the most points on the board when the horn sounded and thats the bottom line. prolly a different outcome if macon would have shot the ball better...but there's always a woulda, coulda, shoulda isn't there :thumb:

Before RBS got into foul trouble they were 10 to 12 points ahead of Macon...RBS shot really well for the first quarter and then slowed down after that throughout the 2nd they still held there 10 to 12 point lead....but the fouls got so bad he had to bring a freshman who hasn't played much all year Ciarra Green, who by the way done a great job I thought by not turning the ball over and playing good defense and not letting anyone take easy shots for the time she was out there which was pretty much the whole 3rd quater...RBS got in foul trouble early in the 2nd half and that is when macon started cutting the lead, but never took the lead...Like I said I didn't enjoy the game because there was a lot of picky calls made and I love a game were the refs just let them play...

as terrible as macon's shooting was in the first half, rbs should have made it a 20 point game early. the foul situations actually were shocking because 99 out of a 100 rbs doesn't get those hand check (picky) fouls called....they did that game and all of a sudden "the ref's were terrible" granted i do not like to see those picky fouls called either, but u have to play the game the way the ref's call it whether u like it or not. but congrats to rbs for winning

Gotmilk, I wish I could have met you during the tournament because I would like to meet the dumbest poster on here. If you guys are 20 points better than us then why have you not beat us that bad?? You have won two games by a grand total of three points and in your own gym too and everyone knows that you guys are 10-15 points better over there then you are anywhere else. Our girls quite frankly just put themselves into too big of a hole early. Wide open jumpers and lay ups didn't fall. They had what they wanted all night as far as shots and I hope throughout the rest of the season they continue to get looks like that, doubtful though because the teams in our district are better man to man defensive squads than what RBS has, but it would be nice to hope. RBS I felt early on especially outscraped our girls for loose balls. The foul situation was a joke and it favored neither team because no one could get in a rhythm because a whistle was being blown every 30 seconds. Those officials over in 7A/7AA feel like they have to blow their whistle and control the game. That old man Melton that ran that crew for so long up until this year has that pounded into their heads and because of that I think they are the worst bunch of officials in the state. Thats the one thing I hate about leaving the Nashville district that we were in the past four years, the officials did not decide the game. You barely knew they were there. No three seconds calls for having your big toe in the lane, nothing stupid. They never even called that actually, they just told you to get your rear end out of there. The kids decided the game and thats what I liked. Oh well, other than that, hopefully our girls can get some momentum from this. Fortunately our girls best basketball is still down the road. And while I'm on here making my weekly posts, I would like to say something to BrianFantana (the guy that I said was an advertisement for birth control then gotmilk stole my line) I've not pulled back on anyone, my job doesn't mean much to me because I can always go out and get another one. I just don't stay on here that much and talk crap. If you think I'm a sell out though and you do know who I am, you need to come talk to me about it :thumb:

Gotmilk, I wish I could have met you during the tournament because I would like to meet the dumbest poster on here. If you guys are 20 points better than us then why have you not beat us that bad?? You have won two games by a grand total of three points and in your own gym too and everyone knows that you guys are 10-15 points better over there then you are anywhere else. Our girls quite frankly just put themselves into too big of a hole early. Wide open jumpers and lay ups didn't fall. They had what they wanted all night as far as shots and I hope throughout the rest of the season they continue to get looks like that, doubtful though because the teams in our district are better man to man defensive squads than what RBS has, but it would be nice to hope. RBS I felt early on especially outscraped our girls for loose balls. The foul situation was a joke and it favored neither team because no one could get in a rhythm because a whistle was being blown every 30 seconds. Those officials over in 7A/7AA feel like they have to blow their whistle and control the game. That old man Melton that ran that crew for so long up until this year has that pounded into their heads and because of that I think they are the worst bunch of officials in the state. Thats the one thing I hate about leaving the Nashville district that we were in the past four years, the officials did not decide the game. You barely knew they were there. No three seconds calls for having your big toe in the lane, nothing stupid. They never even called that actually, they just told you to get your rear end out of there. The kids decided the game and thats what I liked. Oh well, other than that, hopefully our girls can get some momentum from this. Fortunately our girls best basketball is still down the road. And while I'm on here making my weekly posts, I would like to say something to BrianFantana (the guy that I said was an advertisement for birth control then gotmilk stole my line) I've not pulled back on anyone, my job doesn't mean much to me because I can always go out and get another one. I just don't stay on here that much and talk crap. If you think I'm a sell out though and you do know who I am, you need to come talk to me about it :o

I get sick of this, this was the same thing that was said the last time RBS beat Lafayette, "we had a bad shooting night"! Give RBS some credit, beat me once shame on you, beat me twice shame on me! Apparently its not to hard to see that it is no fluke! Dont get me wrong, I have alot of respect for Lafayette and they have a better team than I thought they would, but you have to give credit where it is due! But anyways tennisguy, I didnt steal nothing from you, thats something I have said for along time and I have a few more if you would like to hear them! As for your comments toward me, if you knew me, you would know they dont amount to a hill of beans to me, because I know who you are!!!! :thumb:;)

As for the game, Holly Compton had a great game and she really caught on fire from the 3-point line in the second half! She is really a special player! And no one said anything about the refs deciding this game, cause they didnt, they just made a situation where it could be alittle closer! RBS was up by 14 with 5 mins to go in the 3rd when Leonard, Jordan, and Rich were all whistled for the 4th fouls real quickly and all the fouls were picky, nothing harsh, and thats what I didnt like, they was letting Lafayette get away with the same things on the other end! I dont ask refs to be perfect, its impossible, I ask them to be consistent!! As far as the game goes RBS won, thats all that matters!!! Good Luck to Lafayette!!!!

laken is good player but she is older then the freshmen sitting on the bench.

Laken is a special player and yes an 8th grader...She's 14 years old and won't be 15 until she is a freshman, just like a lot of other players...She is either the same age as the freshman or if she is older it is because they could still be in 8th grade themselves...She is were she needs to be and that is in 8th grade...But older or not it doesn't take away from how good she is and how good she is gonna be...

I don't like picky calls at all no matter who it is called on...I would love to just let both of the teams play well...and macon county did not cut the lead past 10 until we had to sit our girls out for foul trouble...and no it wasn't lafayette shooting the ball horrible in the first half it was compton who was shooting the ball bad in the 1st half...she shot the most...and in the 4th qtr she hit 3 or 4 out of about 5 hit in the 4th qtr...