Clay Co. @ Unaka

TopDawg83

That is not true, Clay County only shot 6 foul shots the whole game, but anyway it doesn't matter. That game is over with and done. Its only one game in the season and it doesn't really matter. I do know this Clay County's coach said he wouldn't be coming back if that gives you any indication of how bad it was! :thumb:

52-47

No, it's not true. You shot 8 times and made 3. That's true. Those 5 you missed made a difference. We shot 27 and hit 19 I believe, that's true. The ones we hit mattered, we still had to hit those to win, they weren't awarded to us. The refs didn't give it to us the boys earned it. Your boy's played well also. Sometimes you get calls and sometimes you don't, that's sports in general. There were no decisions made that Unaka would win no matter what, if that were the case we wouldn't have gotten worn out by Heritage Christian. Different set of refs for each of the ten games during both days, hard to coordinate that many officials and and still be able to afford to pay them off. Think what you will but that's still a tired excuse for not winning and that goes for our side, too.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it's not true. You shot 8 times and made 3. That's true. Those 5 you missed made a difference. We shot 27 and hit 19 I believe, that's true. The ones we hit mattered, we still had to hit those to win, they weren't awarded to us. The refs didn't give it to us the boys earned it. Your boy's played well also. Sometimes you get calls and sometimes you don't, that's sports in general. There were no decisions made that Unaka would win no matter what, if that were the case we wouldn't have gotten worn out by Heritage Christian. Different set of refs for each of the ten games during both days, hard to coordinate that many officials and and still be able to afford to pay them off. Think what you will but that's still a tired excuse for not winning and that goes for our side, too.

Say what you want, even with your numbers it was bad but like i said that games over with. I do agree that the 4 or 5 that we missed did make a difference and the 19 + that Unaka made mattered! Hello in a tight ballgame you have one team shooting atleast 27, more like 34 fouls shots and one team shooting 6 or 8? Who was the home team Ranger? That set of refs were not going to let Unaka lose the game it was obvious to everyone there, no big deal. It was just one game in a season. Clay County still had opportunities to win the game but they weren't able to do it. Would having a Saylor Walden on the floor made a difference? I doubt it as he would have been on the bench in foul trouble just like the rest of the starters. Hopefully he'll return soon. I will say that the kids that had to play due to the numerous fouls called on Clay County did step up and play well. Atleast the young kids got ALOT of playing time! I'm not making any excuse, it was a tough atmosphere to win in with Unaka hosting the tourament having lost its only other game. I told everyone that it would be hard to beat them at their own tournament in that situation. Heck even when a Unaka player threw the ball to his teammate with only those two players around the ball the refs had to huddle to see who's ball it was and decided they couldn't figure it out calling it a jump ball, and awarded Unaka the ball twice in this situation. Say what you want, you're a parent of a player on Unaka's team so i see your biased opinion. Hopefully your son doesn't get hit in the mouth on a break away layup, having to stop the game due to blood on his face only to have the same refs call no foul and say it was out of bounds on white! Now that was something i have never seen before! :thumb:

Edited by devilfanatic

Devil - I think your son is #33. Met him in the hospitality room - very sweet kid, enjoyed talking to him and don't remember the others # and also the injured player. We traded game stories. We feel the same way when we go to Pickett every year. Guess it's just the way the ball bounces. Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas and at least had a good trip.

Devil - I think your son is #33. Met him in the hospitality room - very sweet kid, enjoyed talking to him and don't remember the others # and also the injured player. We traded game stories. We feel the same way when we go to Pickett every year. Guess it's just the way the ball bounces. Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas and at least had a good trip.

You are right that is just the way it goes sometimes. Teams need to have trips like that and games like that to make them better. If they were all easy then none of us would have anything to complain about! :lol: I did enjoy my time up there, went to see King Kong, and did some shopping at the mall and i thought about waiting in line there at Best Buy for one of those Xbox360's but would have had to spend the night in a tent and i'm WAY to old for that! :lol: Merry Christmas to everyone up there and here's hoping we meet one more time this year in Murphreesboro!!! :thumb:

Say what you want, even with your numbers it was bad but like i said that games over with. I do agree that the 4 or 5 that we missed did make a difference and the 19 + that Unaka made mattered! Hello in a tight ballgame you have one team shooting atleast 27, more like 34 fouls shots and one team shooting 6 or 8? Who was the home team Ranger? That set of refs were not going to let Unaka lose the game it was obvious to everyone there, no big deal. It was just one game in a season. Clay County still had opportunities to win the game but they weren't able to do it. Would having a Saylor Walden on the floor made a difference? I doubt it as he would have been on the bench in foul trouble just like the rest of the starters. Hopefully he'll return soon. I will say that the kids that had to play due to the numerous fouls called on Clay County did step up and play well. Atleast the young kids got ALOT of playing time! I'm not making any excuse, it was a tough atmosphere to win in with Unaka hosting the tourament having lost its only other game. I told everyone that it would be hard to beat them at their own tournament in that situation. Heck even when a Unaka player threw the ball to his teammate with only those two players around the ball the refs had to huddle to see who's ball it was and decided they couldn't figure it out calling it a jump ball, and awarded Unaka the ball twice in this situation. Say what you want, you're a parent of a player on Unaka's team so i see your biased opinion. Hopefully your son doesn't get hit in the mouth on a break away layup, having to stop the game due to blood on his face only to have the same refs call no foul and say it was out of bounds on white! Now that was something i have never seen before! :thumb:

Yep, I'm a parent, sounds like you are, too. Just glad to hear that you're not biased at all. "I told them it would be hard to beat them at their own tournament"?

If #42 does get hit in the mouth, he'll live. It ain't the first time and won't be the last. I don't make excuses for him, he'll earn what he gets, that's life in the blue collar world.

For someone who's not making excuses, that's the whiniest post I've seen in a good while. Excuse me for being biased.........

When Unaka comes to Pickett they complain about the officiating. In East Tennessee the refs let the fouls go. They call them in Middle TN. Pickett gets hammered all the time by the refs, but if anyone says anything, a dozen people come on saying Pickett blames the refs when they lose. Now Celina blames the refs and no one says the same thing about them. I can deal with bad calls going both ways, but way too often you look at who's officiating a game beforehand and you know who'll call it fairly and who won't.

Yep, I'm a parent, sounds like you are, too. Just glad to hear that you're not biased at all. "I told them it would be hard to beat them at their own tournament"?

If #42 does get hit in the mouth, he'll live. It ain't the first time and won't be the last. I don't make excuses for him, he'll earn what he gets, that's life in the blue collar world.

For someone who's not making excuses, that's the whiniest post I've seen in a good while. Excuse me for being biased.........

Like you said you're basically biased and i agree totally. Mine lived too and it wasn't the first and probably won't be the last either. No excuses the better 8 players won, like i said that games over with. I think Unaka needs to worry alot more about Hampton than they do about winning a home game against an opponent they'll never get far enough to see again! :thumb:

Edited by devilfanatic