Top 10 In 1A

ptguard12

It really does not seem fair for Red Boiling Springs, Clarkrange and Jackson Co. to all be in the same district. However, I believe the tough schedules will allow the 2 who survive to take down the rest of the state come tourney time. I do not think Wayne County nor Summertown could beat any of the 3. I have not seen Gleason play but I hear they are good. Do not get me wrong, I love the way the Wayne County and Summertown girls play. They always beat our butts and I give them a chance, if healthy, against anyone. I highly recommend the girl's team camp at Red Boiling Springs in the summer. Not much in the town. Nothing to distract the girls. And the old hotels are cheap and quiet for the parents. The 2nd gym stinks but the main gym is fine. Plus it is cheap. For the buck, I do not think it can be beat. Everyone take care and have a Merry Christmas.

Edited by jamieroper

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wayne Co. plays in 2 tourneys. They play in the Santa Fe tourny 19-20 against Santa Fe and Culleoka. Then they travel to Jackson Christian the 29-31 and they play Madison Academic Magnet their first game so they will have to play their best to stay in the tournament.

GO CATS AND LADYCATS!!!

Good luck lady cats. And thanks again for the prayer said before all home games. That is great. I will always pull for you, except maybe when you play Richland. Good luck ladies. By the way, where does the lady cats go to team camps? MERRY CHRISTMAS

After looking at the schedules i'll say Gleason will stay on top of your poll for the rest of the year. There is no one on their schedule that should even give them much of a game outside of Obion County on the 28th. Jackson County and Clarkrange both play very difficult schedules and i see both of these teams losing atleast 4 or 5 games this year especially having to play eachother 4 maybe 5 times before the final game for the Class A state championship. I see Gleason coming into the state tournament with a 31-1 or 30-2 record. So they should be the #1 team on paper no question. :lol:

Gleason plays in a 10 team district which takes out 18 games of their regular season schedule. Already this year they have defeated last year's AA State Champions, Chester County, by 12 and AAA Runner-Ups, Dyersburg (when they had Holloway), by 24. They are playing in the Dyersburg Christmas Tournament where they will face Obion County again and possibly Dyersburg and another strong team that is not in the 1A classification. In their district, both Union City and possibly Lake County could hang with RBS and apparently after the other night, RBS can hang with Jackson County. How about giving other teams some credit instead of just having a very narrow view focused only on the Lady Blue Devils because whether you'll admit it or not, there are teams in 1A that are just as good as Jackson County.

ptgaurd12....I enjoy your weekly informed and unbiased "take" on 1A. Just a note on Oneida, they are playing in the TDS Telecom Tournament at Halls (Knox). They defeated Gibbs 85-58 this morning and will play the winner of Bradford vs. Powell tomorrow at 4:00 PM. Not sure where the incorrect schedule listing came your way, but they will have a game Wed. also. Again, nice job with the poll.

Did anyone notice that Summertown's Lady Eagles were picked to finish third in district 12A behind Wayne Co and Perry Co? Our first order of business was to dismantle Perry Co by 20+ in their house. Brink on the Lady Cats--but remember that they have only beaten us once in three years!!!!

three year?? wut are u talking about! stacy myers and amy beavers senior year they beat yall atleast 4 times!that was in 03

three year?? wut are u talking about! stacy myers and amy beavers senior year they beat yall atleast 4 times!that was in 03

You have the wrong information. In 2003, we won at Waynesboro by 10 and in Summertown by 21. At the district tournament in Waynesboro, WCHS won by 6 and in the region finals, SHS defeated Perry County. 2003-2004 Season!!! I was at the first ever Girls Substate in Summertopwn when we blew out Goodpasture amd made our first of consecutive trips to state. In 2002-2003 WCHS did beat us 4 times. The confusion here is that I am saying 3 physical years and you were referring to seasons.

I believe one of those "juggernauts" has done seen they will have a challenge in 1A!!!! :thumb:

Last i checked they won that game AT RBS. The game AT Jackson County wont be as close. RBS has a good squad but they won't beat either Jackson County or Clarkrange in the Region and it will be a shame as they will be better than some of the teams attending the state tournament. :D

Last i checked they won that game AT RBS. The game AT Jackson County wont be as close. RBS has a good squad but they won't beat either Jackson County or Clarkrange in the Region and it will be a shame as they will be better than some of the teams attending the state tournament. :thumb:

Sure RBS will be better than some teams at state, but how do you think they would do in District 12A/Region 6A? We have quality teams here including Summertown (two straight state trips), Perry County (ditto), Wayne Co (perennial power), and Forrest and Richland (unless they have gone back to AA).