Where are the best Christmas Tourneys

jamieroper

Booster and parent money is an important factor in all high school sports. The invitational tournament was a choice and the girls worked hard to fund their trip. It took a year to get it done. Flying again was a choice but also their choice. Once again they stepped up and helped to fund that. Don't knock the desire to do something for the girls in addition to going to a city they may not ever get to visit again. Yes they are going to win basketball games but there are other things they'll do that they will remember for the rest of their life. We feel great for the girls that get to do these tournaments and great for the ones that get to play locally also.

I have only been at Richland for going on 2 years but I believe we had a great booster president and we made him leave. Something about school district lines. Everyone tells me he did great things for the sports programs at Richland. His kids are at Cornersville now. I know they have to be glad to get him. He was a very good man and had a great family and truely loved the kids. Too bad we lost him. But I bet someone good took his place. I am ashamed that I do not know who did. I work too much I guess. One of his daughters was our point guard last year. Boy do we miss her. His other two daughters play bball and can flat shoot some 3s. Good luck to all and to all a good night. By they way, I hope to get on here tonight and write about Loretto's and Richland's big wins at Lauderdale County. Our new Chinese center will be playing tonight. :thumb: Duke is moving to the 4 spot and going to play some point guard too. No, all kidding aside, Duke can handle the ball. She has played the point before. She is just too good inside to move her out there. Good luck Richland and Loretta (Loretto for you mustang fans, ha). :thumb:

Edited by jamieroper

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have only been at Richland for going on 2 years but I believe we had a great booster president and we made him leave. Something about school district lines. Everyone tells me he did great things for the sports programs at Richland. His kids are at Cornersville now. I know they have to be glad to get him. He was a very good man and had a great family and truely loved the kids. Too bad we lost him. But I bet someone good took his place. I am ashamed that I do not know who did. I work too much I guess. One of his daughters was our point guard last year. Boy do we miss her. His other two daughters play bball and can flat shoot some 3s. Good luck to all and to all a good night. By they way, I hope to get on here tonight and write about Loretto's and Richland's big wins at Lauderdale County. Our new Chinese center will be playing tonight. :P Duke is moving to the 4 spot and going to play some point guard too. No, all kidding aside, Duke can handle the ball. She has played the point before. She is just too good inside to move her out there. Good luck Richland and Loretta (Loretto for you mustang fans, ha). :thumb:

Richland played well tonight vs Deshler. Good job ladies! Way to go Lady Mustangs as well. Good victory. We play a good Hazlewood team tomorrow night at 6:00. Good luck to Richland tomorrow @ 3:00 vs Rogers(Greenhill).

LoL... what a joke... Loretto will have to have an extreme "off game" to lose to anyone in this tournament.. You can be the state champion of alabama girl's basketball 10 years running in the highest classification and it doesn't matter.. Alabama girl's high school ball is WEAK.... Probably one of the 5 weakest states in the country. Deshler is my only pick to play a close game with Loretto.. I expect a 3peat for the Lady Mustangs... Anything less would be an upset.

MAYBE THAT IS WHY LORETTO CONTINUES TO PLAY IN THIS TOURNAMENT INSTEAD OF PLAYING AGAINST TEAMS IN TENNESSEE????

MAYBE THAT IS WHY LORETTO CONTINUES TO PLAY IN THIS TOURNAMENT INSTEAD OF PLAYING AGAINST TEAMS IN TENNESSEE????

Hey baseballfan dont you play baseball for Lawrence County? How'd you like that whipping against Lawrenceburg? :rolleyes: Yeah, as mas stated Loretto beats Tennessee teams night in and night out, so we must go to Alabama and win there. At least they didn't go to New York and come back winless.

Hey baseballfan dont you play baseball for Lawrence County? How'd you like that whipping against Lawrenceburg? :unsure: Yeah, as mas stated Loretto beats Tennessee teams night in and night out, so we must go to Alabama and win there. At least they didn't go to New York and come back winless.

No I don't play baseball for Lawrenceburg my 10 yr.old son plays baseball and I am a huge fan of his! I was at the game last night and I thought Loretto played great and so did Deshler. As for the "weak teams" comment I was going by previous posts, I don't think Alabama has weak teams I think Deshler is one of the best teams I have seen play in a long time and I think Jana did a great job coaching last night. Jana has alot of young talent in only 1 senior on the team and experience won out last night. I am not an LCHS wildcat fan either so I don't care that they went to New York and came home winless.

• 4 weeks later...

Exciting tournament upcoming in Rogersville Alabama. Loretto and Richland both travel to Rogersville Alabama to Lauderdale County High School December 26th to 29th. Loretto has a tough task ahead of it. Their first round game is against Alabama 3A Sulligent. Sulligent if in the state tournament pretty much every year and plays a rough style of basketball. Loretto should get by them. Loretto’s second round game will most likely be against a team of bumblebees. That is what I call Hazlewood. They are the #2 Alabama 1a team. They will get all over you like bumble bees. If Loretto should survive that game, they will face the winner of the #2 and #4 teams in Alabama 3a basketball. Those teams being Lauderdale County and Alabama Christian. The winner there should be LCHS. The winner of that semi-final game gets a hand full. That hand full is the #1 Alabama 4a Deshler Tigers. I believe they have won state the last 3 years. My Team, Richland, gets the pleasure of playing Deshler in the first round. That should be fun, NOT. If Richland losses that game, the opponent will be the loser of the Rogers/Priceville game. Most likely Priceville. After Richland wins that, they will play the loser of the LCHS/Alabama Christian game. Most likely Ala. Christian. I give Richland a good chance in that game. If they win that game, their next opponent would be the winner of a game between likely opponents Hazlewood and the #5 team in Alabama 3a West Limestone. Richland beat West Limestone at West Limestone earlier this year. The winner of that game will be Hazlewood. If all this occurs, Richland will get to play the bumblebees of Hazlewood. That would be wild. And that is only the lower division of the LCHS tournament in Rogersville Alabama. The upper division includes Trezevant (Memphis), Pine Bluff Arkansas, Hazlegreen, and Homewood. It should be fun. GO RICHLAND RAIDERS. Where will the best Christmas Tournament be?

the north pole haha get it