Where are the best Christmas Tourneys

jamieroper

Shootmoore, why don't you refrain from making your judgemental comments on the boards about where teams choose to go play their holiday tournaments at..It's great and wonderful that a bunch of uppety up's want to take their teams out of town and away from Christmas get togethers for over night stays just to be able to say, "we went in played some teams that are ranked in the top 25 by the USA today"...who cares? You gave your OPINION about teams playing in the Lauderdale County tournament and them needing to play "real" teams, so i'll give you my opinion of CC and others traveling long distances to play over the holidays. Number one it's a VACATION, and I don't recollect which screen name called it that but it was referred to as a vacation, while at the same time you are all wanting to scream: COMPETITION, AND BIG TEAMS instead of the person that just straight up called it what it is...VACATION..also someone threw in the Lady Vols vs. Temple game and it being a memorable experience. It will be a wonderful experience, but you don't have to claim to be taken your team off hundreds of miles away to "play in a christmas tournament against top notch teams" to do that. Just take them to Knoxville to a UT game and keep it simple. Also, you people think that people around here don't realize that you all jet off to these out of state tournaments and NEVER come back with good results...so what, you went and travelled (x) amount of miles away and got your tails kicked 2,3, or 4 times. What have you accomplished? Unless your team wins the State Tournament when March rolls around then their needs to be no over night and hundreds of miles trips taken to "play somebody real" b/c if you can't win the TENNESSEE state tournament, then obviously you have "ALL THE COMPETITION, and REAL GAMES" you need right here in the Great Volunteer state of TENNESSEE!!! So, like I said, cut the better than everybody else attitude toward where teams choose to play their holiday tournaments, and win you a state tournament IN TENNESSEE and then i'll give you the glory and the prestiege you want about travelling miles and miles to play on Christmas Break!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone and a Happy New Year!!! B)

You can tell school is out! Sounds like some little one is jealous and also don't know enough to check out the question posed (asked) in the first post. C'mon lighten up readin this made my pickle turn back into a cucumber. And you obviously don't know what results the Lion Queens have had lately in Christmas tournament play. If they want to fly their livin of to Nova Scotia to see the total eclipse of the sun it is there perogative (choice). Who made the rule up that you have to stay in state at Christmas. My boy the lil General never did (he remind me of Michael Douglass) and you weren't on here spoutin off bout winnin a State tournament at Christmas time. Some of the Lion Queens may never get to do this again...shoot I'm takin my ball and goin home to Bedford Co. I can't believe I'm defendin the Lion Queens but ntd4lhs (sound like a liscense plate) need to get a pickle and play It's a Wonderful Life on the tube and get over her pitty pool.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Richland is flying to China to play in the Chinese New Years Basketball Tourament. They have been talking with a 17 year old girl from over there that is 6'7" tall and weighs 240. She plays point guard for her team but will probably play center for Richland. She is coming over as an exchange student after Christmas and will begin playing in January. She is a junior and plans on moving here to play her senior year also. WOW. B)

i take it ur kidding...rite? B)

The Loretto ladies have had a great run the last few seasons, but have under acheived a little bit. This could be in part to their schedule. For example, this year they only play 3 games against AAA opponents (2 w/Lawrence Co., an in-county rival, and 1 w/Siegal, Thanksgiving Classic where you don't choose yor opponent). They play 11 AA games (10 district games, and Obion Co. in the Thanksgiving Classic). Who do they play their other elective games you may ask? 2 games each against 5 single A schools. I know this will raise the ire of some Loretto faithful, but it's not intended to. If this great group of players had competed against stronger competion during their high school careers, maybe they would have been better prepaired for say Harpeth last year in the regions.

Shootmoore, why don't you refrain from making your judgemental comments on the boards about where teams choose to go play their holiday tournaments at..It's great and wonderful that a bunch of uppety up's want to take their teams out of town and away from Christmas get togethers for over night stays just to be able to say, "we went in played some teams that are ranked in the top 25 by the USA today"...who cares? You gave your OPINION about teams playing in the Lauderdale County tournament and them needing to play "real" teams, so i'll give you my opinion of CC and others traveling long distances to play over the holidays. Number one it's a VACATION, and I don't recollect which screen name called it that but it was referred to as a vacation, while at the same time you are all wanting to scream: COMPETITION, AND BIG TEAMS instead of the person that just straight up called it what it is...VACATION..also someone threw in the Lady Vols vs. Temple game and it being a memorable experience. It will be a wonderful experience, but you don't have to claim to be taken your team off hundreds of miles away to "play in a christmas tournament against top notch teams" to do that. Just take them to Knoxville to a UT game and keep it simple. Also, you people think that people around here don't realize that you all jet off to these out of state tournaments and NEVER come back with good results...so what, you went and travelled (x) amount of miles away and got your tails kicked 2,3, or 4 times. What have you accomplished? Unless your team wins the State Tournament when March rolls around then their needs to be no over night and hundreds of miles trips taken to "play somebody real" b/c if you can't win the TENNESSEE state tournament, then obviously you have "ALL THE COMPETITION, and REAL GAMES" you need right here in the Great Volunteer state of TENNESSEE!!! So, like I said, cut the better than everybody else attitude toward where teams choose to play their holiday tournaments, and win you a state tournament IN TENNESSEE and then i'll give you the glory and the prestiege you want about travelling miles and miles to play on Christmas Break!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone and a Happy New Year!!! :P

Bitter table for one please

i take it ur kidding...rite? :D

That is what I dreamed last night and what I asked Santa Clause for the other day. Just a hopeing. I really look forward to seeing Loretto play. I have heard a ton about Cross and several other girls on the team. I really do believe that Deshler will be tough for anyone to beat. However, Richland, although not half the size of Deshler (in height or school size), has done a really good job of slowing down team's offenses at times. If Richland will come out to scrap like they can when they choose to, they will be OK. If I was the other schools that may play Deshler, I would watch the Richland/Deshler game. Richland's may show everyone else what they have to do to actually beat Deshler. Good luck to all and to all a good night.

By the way, everyone's posts on this thread are cracking me up. I have never seen a pickle turn back into a cucumber. ;)

That is what I dreamed last night and what I asked Santa Clause for the other day. Just a hopeing. I really look forward to seeing Loretto play. I have heard a ton about Cross and several other girls on the team. I really do believe that Deshler will be tough for anyone to beat. However, Richland, although not half the size of Deshler (in height or school size), has done a really good job of slowing down team's offenses at times. If Richland will come out to scrap like they can when they choose to, they will be OK. If I was the other schools that may play Deshler, I would watch the Richland/Deshler game. Richland's may show everyone else what they have to do to actually beat Deshler. Good luck to all and to all a good night.

By the way, everyone's posts on this thread are cracking me up. I have never seen a pickle turn back into a cucumber. ;)

I was going to say that if you weren't dreaming about China, that you'd better be careful or she'd wind up at you know where.

I was just simply answering(my opinion) the question asked at the start of this thread. The question," What are the best Christmas tourneys?" I believe they are the tourneys with the best teams. Just my opinion. Just like you gave your opinion. Nothing aginst Loretto or Richland or anyone else who plays in any other tourney. Good luck to all Tennessee teams where ever they are playing at!!!!!Merry Christmas!!!!

What good would it do all but maybe 6 or 8 teams in Tennessee to go play in one of these national level events? You said "nothing against Loretto" but earlier you said they should go play some competition. The team here is playing in Dalton, Georgia against two Georgia AAAA teams and one AAA from Tennessee, they will have a chance to win all three even though the games will be difficult. In a national event with teams from other states that have been discussed here, they could take three 50 point losses and come home discouraged. What would that prove, plus there's better ways booster and parent money can be spent than on flights. It sounds as if in past years some teams have been more concerned with national rankings then they didn't get it done when it counted, in the Tennessee state tournament.

What good would it do all but maybe 6 or 8 teams in Tennessee to go play in one of these national level events? You said "nothing against Loretto" but earlier you said they should go play some competition. The team here is playing in Dalton, Georgia against two Georgia AAAA teams and one AAA from Tennessee, they will have a chance to win all three even though the games will be difficult. In a national event with teams from other states that have been discussed here, they could take three 50 point losses and come home discouraged. What would that prove, plus there's better ways booster and parent money can be spent than on flights. It sounds as if in past years some teams have been more concerned with national rankings then they didn't get it done when it counted, in the Tennessee state tournament.

Booster and parent money is an important factor in all high school sports. The invitational tournament was a choice and the girls worked hard to fund their trip. It took a year to get it done. Flying again was a choice but also their choice. Once again they stepped up and helped to fund that. Don't knock the desire to do something for the girls in addition to going to a city they may not ever get to visit again. Yes they are going to win basketball games but there are other things they'll do that they will remember for the rest of their life. We feel great for the girls that get to do these tournaments and great for the ones that get to play locally also.

Booster and parent money is an important factor in all high school sports. The invitational tournament was a choice and the girls worked hard to fund their trip. It took a year to get it done. Flying again was a choice but also their choice. Once again they stepped up and helped to fund that. Don't knock the desire to do something for the girls in addition to going to a city they may not ever get to visit again. Yes they are going to win basketball games but there are other things they'll do that they will remember for the rest of their life. We feel great for the girls that get to do these tournaments and great for the ones that get to play locally also.

if a team wants to do that, it's fine. I would hope a coach of such a team knows his or her team's limitations and doesn't put the team in over their heads. My response was to the person saying Loretto should find some better competition or something along those lines.

if a team wants to do that, it's fine. I would hope a coach of such a team knows his or her team's limitations and doesn't put the team in over their heads. My response was to the person saying Loretto should find some better competition or something along those lines.

I understood your post and agree but other posters are a little offended when some schools make plans up to a year in advance and try to do things for the players that make it a "family atmosphere". Those things tend to bond players also and that also helps when crunch time comes around in Feb.

I was going to say that if you weren't dreaming about China, that you'd better be careful or she'd wind up at you know where.

ladyvols, email me at Orangebleeder68@aol.com & I'll send you the brackets for the tourney at Lauderdale Co., if you can email me before 12 noon tomorrow(Christmas Day). The games are posted on the Christmas Tourneys subtitle from Girl's basketball message board as well.