District 7AAA

riverdaleman

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i cant argue with his predictions i think the district is that wide open i am not even gonna try and predict it should be a fun year

I think WC weekness is gonna be hitting they have enough pitching to win the district i think oakland weekeness is defense i think riverdales will be ok if we can get a pticher to step up and take the number 2 spot and from what i am hearing we have a 2 or 3 that is working hard enough and just might do it! cookeville is young i think they lost a lot last year but we shall see i have heard that lebanon has a lot of young talent so if not this year watch for them next year

which one of those 3 do you think will be lower? That is why i had a hard time arguing his predictions oaklnad and riverdale will be tough and WC has the best pitching

while pitching is more often what wins ball games, it is not everything. siegel came back from behind like 5-0 and beat killian in the district tournament. after killian came out, wc did not have the DEPTH in pitching to win the game, while siegel had bullpen depth in nick baldwin to come in and hold wc's hitting game.

so, can wc balance themselves out? i dont think so from what i've seen. they lost gilley and i believe their first baseman (not sure) who could hit, and even with those guys they werent a great hitting team.

as for oakland, they have two district pitchers who are well rounded. barnes has potential as does burnett, but that's it. oakland has a solid lineup but they wont be able to pitch their way out of this tough district. it wouldn't always be a negative for teams to hit the ball on the ground against oakland as their infield sounds a bit weak this year. great outfield though

riverdale is in a similar situation. not only are pitchers competing for the number two spot, but powers is having a hard time deciding who can even compete as their number two. they wont pitch their way out of this district, and they lost a lot of pop in their line up, losing jones and underland. hitting is still a strength for riverdale though, with wright, hunter, skinner, and choate always swinging the bat well.

i believe siegel is the most experienced team team on the field this year. they return six starters from last year, and you could say seven if you include matt thorne, who started half the year when carlton was out with an injury. as many saw from the end of the season last year, siegel has potential to hit. if they will hit the ball consistently like they did toward the end of last season, i believe siegel can beat anybody. defense is a strength for them, and i believe their pitching is deep. kenneth roberts will be one of the top five toughest pitchers to beat in this district, and the number two spot is open to three of four guys. roberts, sheerer, faust, holder, baldwin, mckenzie, robinson, cotter, and owens are guys that come to my mind. they all can come out of the pen and the majority of them will get some starts.

you hear blackman and you don't immediately become intimidated, but blackman finds ways to win. i can't exactly explain it, other than great coaching, but blackman cannot be overlooked. they play a lot of small ball but tattoo some balls as well, with good speed on the basepath. pitching will probably be the question, although their pitchers returning from last year found ways to get batters out.

Edited by Winners Inc

while pitching is more often what wins ball games, it is not everything. siegel came back from behind like 5-0 and beat killian in the district tournament. after killian came out, wc did not have the DEPTH in pitching to win the game, while siegel had bullpen depth in nick baldwin to come in and hold wc's hitting game.

so, can wc balance themselves out? i dont think so from what i've seen. they lost gilley and i believe their first baseman (not sure) who could hit, and even with those guys they werent a great hitting team.

as for oakland, they have two district pitchers who are well rounded. barnes has potential as does burnett, but that's it. oakland has a solid lineup but they wont be able to pitch their way out of this tough district. it wouldn't always be a negative for teams to hit the ball on the ground against oakland as their infield sounds a bit weak this year. great outfield though

riverdale is in a similar situation. not only are pitchers competing for the number two spot, but powers is having a hard time deciding who can even compete as their number two. they wont pitch their way out of this district, and they lost a lot of pop in their line up, losing jones and underland. hitting is still a strength for riverdale though, with wright, hunter, skinner, and choate always swinging the bat well.

i believe siegel is the most experienced team team on the field this year. they return six starters from last year, and you could say seven if you include matt thorne, who started half the year when carlton was out with an injury. as many saw from the end of the season last year, siegel has potential to hit. if they will hit the ball consistently like they did toward the end of last season, i believe siegel can beat anybody. defense is a strength for them, and i believe their pitching is deep. kenneth roberts will be one of the top five toughest pitchers to beat in this district, and the number two spot is open to three of four guys. roberts, sheerer, faust, holder, baldwin, mckenzie, robinson, cotter, and owens are guys that come to my mind. they all can come out of the pen and the majority of them will get some starts.

you hear blackman and you don't immediately become intimidated, but blackman finds ways to win. i can't exactly explain it, other than great coaching, but blackman cannot be overlooked. they play a lot of small ball but tattoo some balls as well, with good speed on the basepath. pitching will probably be the question, although their pitchers returning from last year found ways to get batters out.

I don't know how you can say that about Warren Co. you beat Killian one time in 2 years, he just didn't have his stuff that day. How can Siegel be higher? They didn't win a game until the SS came back last year and he has since graduated.

so you want to rank siegel according to how they did last year?.... in that case, put them toward the top, because while they were in the regional tournament, warren county was at home sleeping because they'd been beat 2 out of 3 times by siegel in the district tourny.

so you want to rank siegel according to how they did last year?.... in that case, put them toward the top, because while they were in the regional tournament, warren county was at home sleeping because they'd been beat 2 out of 3 times by siegel in the district tourny.

You said WC could't hit last year. What makes you think they're not going to hit this year. So really you went back to last year.

1. Riverdale

2. Oakland

3. Warren Co.

4. Siegel

5.Blackman

6.Lebanon

7.Cookeville

8.White Co.

To be the best you have to beat the best. Riverdale has dominated the last couple of years. Oakland has talented players and tradition. Warren Co. has a dominant pitcher and lots of experience. Siegel has a great coach, a couple of left handed pitchers and a good catcher. Blackman will play hard and be well coached. Lebanon will be tough. Cookeville just lost too much. White Co. has the Taylor kid and if he is on they will beat you.

1. Riverdale

2. Oakland

3. Warren Co.

4. Siegel

5.Blackman

6.Lebanon

7.Cookeville

8.White Co.

To be the best you have to beat the best. Riverdale has dominated the last couple of years. Oakland has talented players and tradition. Warren Co. has a dominant pitcher and lots of experience. Siegel has a great coach, a couple of left handed pitchers and a good catcher. Blackman will play hard and be well coached. Lebanon will be tough. Cookeville just lost too much. White Co. has the Taylor kid and if he is on they will beat you.

yea taylor is a solid guy on the mound. he's got decent velocity with a sweeping curve ball