House cleaning

wiseguy

Guest catfish-hunter

Finding an OC and a DC to come in will be very difficult. From what I hear Montgomery County schools do not give coaching supplements. Is there any truth to this????????

For some of us that live outside of the Clarksville area, what in the world is going on over there?

Just a guess, the academics people whave taken over and are attempting to purge schools of athletics or anything they perceive as taking away from pure education...and of course federal funding...tite budgets you know.

Finding an OC and a DC to come in will be very difficult. From what I hear Montgomery County schools do not give coaching supplements. Is there any truth to this????????

I believe all schools pay supplements to coaches. Very few would spend that much time away from families and not get paid. Or at least I don't think they would. It is hard in Montgomery County. There is no middle school program. So coaches really have to teach when students come into the 9th grade.

Yes you do have people pushing more acadmeics than anything else which is not all bad. but you do have to have athletics for kids to really succeed. Sports teaches students about life.

1new wildcat fan,

There are good quality programs across this state that don't have middle school football. In fact, right here in Knoxville, we don't have middle school football.

The problem is finding good quality middle school coaches or community park coaches that want to work and teach the right skills the right way.

Hard, but not impossible, to accomplish.

1new wildcat fan,

There are good quality programs across this state that don't have middle school football. In fact, right here in Knoxville, we don't have middle school football.

The problem is finding good quality middle school coaches or community park coaches that want to work and teach the right skills the right way.

Hard, but not impossible, to accomplish.

I agree. If you evaluate Clarksville NWHS or for that matter a majority of the high schools in Montgomery County, you'll find a majority of losing athletic programs in the entire system. CMCSS accepts and condomes mediocrity and it shows in the win/loss column in every sport, fall and spring.

The athletic directors aren't involved and don't care as long as parents aren't involved and don't voice their concerns, whether athletically or academically.

Lossing at NWHS is in the culture because we have teachers who only coach for the supplement. It's not about the kids and their development. The coaches don't attend summer camps with their athletes, so they don't learn and certainly can't teach proper fundalmentals or technigues. The coaches aren't leaders, mentors, or managers of resources.

Review the Leaf Chronicle All-Area Selections during the month of December. Look at NWHS in the areas of football, soccer, cross country, volleyball, and the absence of NWHS athletes speak loud and clear.

We have coaches who have coached (drawn a paycheck) for twenty years and have never been selected as coach of the year. Look at the basketball team records currently. On Tuesday Jan 3, the girls loss by 55 points and the boys by 35 points, and the boys coach continues to sit in his rocking chair court side. He's waiting on retirement next year at the expense of his team. It,s a travesty and the CMCSS countinues to accept and condome mediocrity and hence, its become systemic.

A house cleaning is needed in all the athletic programs throughout the CMCSS and especially NWHS. It's about the kids and teaching and the CMCSS administrators are failing this community.

I agree, with both MSGOV and 1 New Wild Cat fan.