Hamm

coachmasters

Hamm,

Great choice on collegiate wrestler of the month. I had a chance to spend a week with Kevin at senior nationals in Delaware back in 2001. What a great young man. I remember him as a freshman in the finals. That was back in the day when we all wrestled together on 6 mats at McClellan. I think he wrestled somebody from Red Bank at 119. I remember looking at Robert Jemison sitting next to me and saying that Kevin looked like he was going to be something special. What an understatement. I believe that he went his entire senior season without getting scored on. The only points people got were escapes. Someone can correct me if I am wrong on this. But if it is true, and I believe it is, then what an awesome feat. I wonder how many others can say that. And its not like Soddy wrestles some slouchy schedule. Well anyway, I am glad to see him chosen as wrestler of the month. I can only hope that my boys grow up to be young men with such character and substance.